PDA

View Full Version : Clayton on the block (again?)


delben91
07-16-2002, 11:16 AM
Well, it may just be wishful thinking, but, according to the daily herald:

"White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton was held out of the starting lineup Monday night for the second straight game.

Manager Jerry Manuel said Clayton needs a breather, but the all-star break was just last week.

Reading between the lines, don't be surprised if Clayton is on the verge of being traded."

No specific teams or scenarios are outlined.


Here's the whole article. (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3745338)

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-16-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by delben91
Well, it may just be wishful thinking, but, according to the daily herald:

"White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton was held out of the starting lineup Monday night for the second straight game.

Manager Jerry Manuel said Clayton needs a breather, but the all-star break was just last week.

Reading between the lines, don't be surprised if Clayton is on the verge of being traded."

No specific teams or scenarios are outlined.


Here's the whole article. (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3745338)

Aside from the firing of JM and or Nardi the alien, trading Roycie would be a ray of light on what has so far been a pretty dark season for the south siders.

idseer
07-16-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND


Aside from the firing of JM and or Nardi the alien, trading Roycie would be a ray of light on what has so far been a pretty dark season for the south siders.

i think it would do diddly!

foulkesfan11
07-16-2002, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I believe that . NOT

Just like he was supposedly benched about a month ago. They made a big deal about it & then he ended up playing that night anyway. Clayton, Manuel, Nardi & KW are all sucking off someone! They must be, or else they wouldn't have jobs!

steff
07-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Well, it may just be wishful thinking, but, according to the daily herald:

"White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton was held out of the starting lineup Monday night for the second straight game.
Manager Jerry Manuel said Clayton needs a breather, but the all-star break was just last week.
Reading between the lines, don't be surprised if Clayton is on the verge of being traded."
No specific teams or scenarios are outlined.

Here's the whole article. (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3745338)


OMG!!! Maybe that Voodoo doll and the Retribution spell I put on Royce is FINALLY working!!

Iwritecode
07-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by idseer
i think it would do diddly!

:crede
I think it's a pretty good idea...

idseer
07-16-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


:crede
I think it's a pretty good idea...

that only helps at one position and hurts another.
besides, i'm not so sure they'd call him up.

my point was we got a bleeding guy here just run over by a big truck. bandaging his finger may help a little ... not not much!

delben91
07-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by idseer
my point was we got a bleeding guy here just run over by a big truck. bandaging his finger may help a little ... not not much!

I also don't think that ditching royce will totally cure what ails us. However, it's at least one step in the right direction and is a problem that will have to be addressed at some point. You've got to start someplace, may as well be here.

voodoochile
07-16-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by idseer


that only helps at one position and hurts another.
besides, i'm not so sure they'd call him up.

my point was we got a bleeding guy here just run over by a big truck. bandaging his finger may help a little ... not not much!

It won't help this year, but probably nothing will. The point would be to get something for Royce, because he isn't coming back next year anyway...

idseer
07-16-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile


It won't help this year, but probably nothing will. The point would be to get something for Royce, because he isn't coming back next year anyway...

true, but he won't bring much!
now durham is in the same position, right? at least he's worth something. this would at least be more like 'setting his arm'

34 Inch Stick
07-16-2002, 04:21 PM
I picture Royce walking out the clubhouse door with his bag in hand. As he is leaving he turns around for one last look and says, "Well my work here is done!" and smiles a contented smile.

Cheryl
07-16-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I picture Royce walking out the clubhouse door with his bag in hand. As he is leaving he turns around for one last look and says, "Well my work here is done!" and smiles a contented smile.

Are you calling Royce the Jeff Loria of ballplayers? I mean, come in, destroy a team, move on?

Foulke You
07-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by delben91
Well, it may just be wishful thinking, but, according to the daily herald:

"White Sox shortstop Royce Clayton was held out of the starting lineup Monday night for the second straight game.

Manager Jerry Manuel said Clayton needs a breather, but the all-star break was just last week.

Reading between the lines, don't be surprised if Clayton is on the verge of being traded."

No specific teams or scenarios are outlined.


Here's the whole article. (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3745338)

Yeah, sucking everyday at baseball makes poor little Royce tired. If anyone needs a "breather" it's Royce.

If they can get 2 gumballs and a box of Twinkees for Royce it would be a great deal. Addition by subtraction if I ever saw it.

Foulke You
07-16-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode


:crede
I think it's a pretty good idea...

:graff
"I agree with Joe. Let's do it!"