PDA

View Full Version : With the Fox telecast now ended...

Viva Medias B's
10-29-2011, 12:09 AM
...the 2011 Major League Baseball season is now officially over. :(:

Begin the countdown for pitchers and catchers to report.

DSpivack
10-29-2011, 12:14 AM
...the 2011 Major League Baseball season is now officially over. :(:

Begin the countdown for pitchers and catchers to report.

How many days?

PKalltheway
10-29-2011, 12:23 AM
Always depressing to know that the season is over. I'm usually interested to see who wins each award when they're announced in November. The Winter Meetings can be fun to follow sometimes, especially if there are a great deal of significant players on the move. After the first or second week of December though, it really begins to hit home. :(:

Viva Medias B's
10-29-2011, 12:26 AM
How many days?

Too many.

Fenway
10-29-2011, 12:32 AM
From A Great and Glorious Game: Baseball Writings of A. Bartlett Giamatti
by A. Bartlett Giamatti, et al

"The Green Fields of the Mind "
It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

Viva Medias B's
10-29-2011, 01:03 AM

It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

Outside of words spoken to us by the Lord, truer words never spoken.

DSpivack
10-29-2011, 01:19 AM

Why are you quoting my signature?

manders_01
10-29-2011, 03:15 AM
Why are you quoting my signature?

Actually, I almost posted that he just need look up, you already had it in this thread. :D:

Moses_Scurry
10-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Not true! We still have the regular season awards to announce.

Also, unless I missed it, we need to know the winner of the WSI preseason prediction contest.

Zisk77
10-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Yay! No more Tim McCarver...I'd like to good break, bad break his head.:angry:

SI1020
10-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Yay! No more Tim McCarver...I'd like to good break, bad break his head.:angry: Why do the bigshots at Fox think it is absolutely necessary to subject us to Joe Buck and Tim McCarver?

cub killer
10-30-2011, 05:54 AM
There's always the Venezuelan League. espn3 shows some of their games.

TommyJohn
10-30-2011, 09:51 AM
MLB Network used to show classic baseball games, but they don't any longer. Kind of strange. I wonder why they don't.

rockinrobin23
10-30-2011, 12:24 PM
is it just me or does anyone ever understand what the hell Tim McCarver is talking about.

SI1020
10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
is it just me or does anyone ever understand what the hell Tim McCarver is talking about. The only thing strange is that they allow him in the booth in the first place,