PDA

View Full Version : An all time low morale for Sox fans

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 08:25 AM
The asinine assertion by the Cubs that a White Sox fan had to poison the ivy at Wrigley Field is only the icing on the cake. The way things have gone, my morale is at an all time low as a White Sox fan. Now our deficit behind the Twins has reached double figures. And making matters worse, the Cubs only trail us by 2˝ games for a better record. For them to surpass us would only be salt on several open gashes.

Yet, Emperor Reinsdorf continues to play his fiddle as White Sox Nation burns.

SI1020
07-16-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The asinine assertion by the Cubs that a White Sox fan had to poison the ivy at Wrigley Field is only the icing on the cake. The way things have gone, my morale is at an all time low as a White Sox fan. Now our deficit behind the Twins has reached double figures. And making matters worse, the Cubs only trail us by 2˝ games for a better record. For them to surpass us would only be salt on several open gashes.

Yet, Emperor Reinsdorf continues to play his fiddle as White Sox Nation burns. I'm with you. I suggested on another board that we pool our resources and make Reinsdorf an offer. I can maybe put up the first hundred bucks or so.

34 Inch Stick
07-16-2002, 09:58 AM
This season has been difficult because I know the Sox have talent and I don't believe the Twins are a better team. The Twins do deserve high praise for playing solid baseball in a team concept.

Sad
07-16-2002, 10:17 AM
:(:

yep... times are hard folks
I think it's best summed up as underachieving... sad really...

Im not sure a Twins collapse would do us any good they way our boys are playing. A 7-1 loss to the new-look Indians? Losing 3 in a row to the Ti-Girls? How many more fielding errors can we make?

it ovah.

BEARsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Dan H
07-16-2002, 11:06 AM
In addition to this being an all around bad year, we must rely on the current regime to pick up the pieces. Many fans want the team to "back up the truck," but these are players not vegetables. Somebody has to make some key decisions on who will stay and who will go. The trouble is Kenny Williams will be the man making those decisions. The White Flag is nearly five years old. We have one divisional title and not much else to show for this rebulding effort. So along with a team that has not come close to meeting expectations, we have to wonder about the future. Will things turn around quickly or will we be told that we have to endure another painful rebuilding period?

jlh221fan
07-16-2002, 11:40 AM
As long as the Cubs are safely out of the race, I wouldn't worry about them. The Sox season has been a disaster and having a better record than the Cubs is small consolation.

ChiSoxBobette
07-16-2002, 11:42 AM
I totally agree but not about J.R. I don't think he's even paying attention. After what williams said about manuel I don't think it will matter what this team gos out and does over the off season , we will still have two coaches at 1st and 3rd who must lead the league in having/getting players thrown out/picked off, we will still have nardi ruining young pitchers(Kip Wells,nobody can tell me if we had a better pitching coach last year this kid could'nt be doing for us what hes doing for the pirates)and of course we will still have manuel - next season we will still be seeing the same thing changing the lineup everyday, tinkering with the pitching staff. lets just hope that williams will learn enough this year from all of the mistakes & bad trades if not this team will continue to spiral down to the bottom before something is finally done with him by our owner/owners. I would like to stay positive about them and I still will because I'm a WHITE SOX fan. As far as the flubs who cares I don't pay attention to them lets face it we will never have the eye of the media the same way the flubs do heck we don't even have a radio station, when I go down to the games on Sunday espn 1000 who is supposed to be our flagship station has some idiot on mark silvy who does nothing but have flub things on, flub fans on and rips our White Sox team, just this morning he was the guy doing the sports updates on the morning show on am 1000 and what do you think he brings up that the flubs are just two games behind the White Sox. I think this situation with our team only having Wills & Melton for approx. an hour after the games something that has to be righted by our owner/owners leting some flub mouth piece on our flagship station rip our team is a joke even when you try and get in to this clowns show and ask something about how his show is run he just cuts you off and then rips White Sox fans. These are things that hurt our fan base. I guess enoughs , enough and I'm just going to see what happens.
GO WHITE SOX

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-16-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Yet, Emperor Reinsdorf continues to play his fiddle as White Sox Nation burns.

If it was a Sox fan that did that I can come up with a couple of much better uses for the poison that he used.

:gulp:

Anyone in Sox management for a drink??