PDA

View Full Version : Book on old Comiskey Park

Dan H
10-24-2011, 06:56 PM
I am contributing to a book on Comiskey Park. It will have different essays and will center on the overall ball park experience. The guy who is organizing things would like to have oral histories from fans. Again this is mostly about the stadium itself as opposed to dramatic games and it is meant to evoke memories of a place that has been gone for 20 years now. So if anyone wants to contribute, they can e-mail me and we can arrange something. You can write something out if you like or you can tell the story to me. The proceeds from the book will go to White Sox Charities.

Anyone who wants his/her memory will have to sign a release form. It is not a big deal; it merely states that no contributor will get paid and also ensures that any account and or story is authentic. The publisher (McFarland) has a standing policy in this regard. No one is quoted directly in their books without a consent form signed. It is a sign of a reputable publisher.

I am hoping to secure some photos as well. Comiskey was a great ball park and shouldn't be forgotten. We White Sox fans should see to that.

TomBradley72
10-25-2011, 04:47 AM
I'm willing to help.

Old Comiskey was my second home as a kid- I remember (and miss) every square inch of that place.

October26
10-25-2011, 09:22 AM
I am also willing to help.

I have many treasured memories of Old Comiskey Park as well as pictures that my family and I took while attending Sox games in the 1970's - 1980's.

kruzer31
11-19-2011, 07:54 PM
Are you still taking submissions?

gaelhound
11-19-2011, 09:16 PM
What do you need me to do?

Dan H
11-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Kruzer 31 and Gaelhound: You can start by contacting me at my e-mail at helpingstine8150@sbcglobal.net. We can go on from there.

Lip Man 1
11-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Dan:

Got your e-mail, I'll get back to you after December 6th am on the road for tournaments in Cancun and the Air Force academy then play Utah.

Lip