PDA

View Full Version : Only A Sox Fan Would Vandalize Wrigley's Ivy?

DrCrawdad
07-16-2002, 06:45 AM
CUBUNE, WHAT @#$HOLES!

ChicagoSports.com

Whodunit
By Teddy Greenstein
Tribune staff reporter

July 16, 2002

The Wrigley Field Vandal left no fingerprints and no clues.

He left behind only the result of his crime—a hideous gap in the lush ivy that adorns the outfield wall at Wrigley Field.

"We think someone leaned over from the bleachers and dumped something that killed some of our ivy," Cubs executive vice president Mark McGuire said.

Cubs officials have no suspects. But they do suspect the person is a White Sox fan.

"I think we're just assuming," McGuire said. "No decent Cubs fan would damage the ivy."

They also have a strong bit of circumstantial evidence. Head groundskeeper Roger Baird noticed preliminary evidence of the damage during the Cubs' series against Texas, which took place June 18-20.

The Cubs were host to the Sox from June 14-16. June 17 was an off day.

"If somebody poured something on that area, it would take 48-72 hours to start taking effect," Baird said. "Hopefully, God-willing, it comes back."

Baird, as you might imagine, does not view the transgression as a clever prank.

"I'm pretty upset about it," he said. "To be truthful, I've tried to keep it quiet. It's a little scary. I'm worried that if one does it, one could turn into five and then we'd have major problems."

The cavity, which measures about four feet wide, extends from the base of the wall to the home-run baskets in right-center field. The unsightly swath is visible from almost every non-outfield seat.

The Cubs are reluctant to institute new rules to prevent another incident. Don't expect to see signs warning fans not to bring alcohol or weed killer into the ballpark.

"We've been here 85 years and seen it happen once," McGuire said. "We're not going to overreact."

Baird agreed: "There has been enough beer poured on the vines to last a lifetime. If somebody wants to do it, it's pretty easy to get away with it."

But can they blame Sox fans? Better yet, can they keep the South Siders out of their park?

"I don't want to go that far," Baird said. "All Chicagoans should have a little politeness."

Copyright © 2002, The Chicago Tribune

DrCrawdad
07-16-2002, 07:29 AM
Other Crimes Sox Fans Are Guilty Of Committing:

* It wasn't Oswald, it was a Sox fan.
* Desecration of a religious structure? Sox fan.
* Cubbies not having won a World Series in 94 years. It’s because of Sox fans.

foulkesfan11
07-16-2002, 07:50 AM
IF it was a Sox Fan, GREAT JOB!!!

raul12
07-16-2002, 08:10 AM
"Hopefully, God-willing, it comes back."

LMAO! sheesh, they act like the stuff is sacred. maybe the cubbie kool-aid generates some sort of other-worldly experience.

it probably was a scrubbie fan that got so drunk, he just started pissing over the wall. too much nitrogen would burn grass--maybe it would do the same to ivy...i dunno. anyways, i do hope it was a sox fan.

CuckTheFubs
07-16-2002, 08:17 AM
Maybe during BP Sosa took a leak there and Sosa’s steroid-laced urine killed the weeds.

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 08:18 AM
:angry: This is a complete outrage. For the Chicago Cubs organization and its mouthpiece, the Chicago Tribune, to make the tacit suggestion that a White Sox fan is responsible for the dying ivy is the sports fan equivalent of racial profiling.

Suppose some act of vandalism took place in a predominantly white suburb. What Cubs Executive VP Mark McGuire said about his assumption of a White Sox fan damaging the ivy would be like the mayor of that suburb saying "It was probably some black or Hispanic who committed this act of vandalism."

Even if it turns out that a White Sox fan was responsible for poisoning the ivy, that becomes a moot point because of the Tribune and Cubs' profiling of us White Sox fans. If that was the case, I sure would like to know how the hell a White Sox fan got onto the field to poison the ivy. Could a player have done it? With the security consciousness of the Wrigley Field security staff, wouldn't a perpetrator - fan or player - have been caught in the act?

If this dying ivy was the result of vandalism, the person responsible should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law no matter which team they cheer for. However, I happened to be at the Urinal myself Saturday to see the Marlins. I noticed the bare spot on the outfield wall, but I was under the impression that was the result of Preston Wilson's crash into the wall the game before. As many of us were waiting for that extra inning Cubs game to end on FSN so that we could see the Sox and the Tigers, many of us witnessed Wilson's encounter with the ivy covered wall. Didn't a lot of ivy leaves fall from the wall after the crash? I'm not a horticultural expert, but it seems to me that Wilson's impact is an issue here and not some "assumed act of vandalism by a White Sox fan." I realize, however, that Wilson's crash could not be the only cause of that gash on the wall.

This assertion that a White Sox fan is responsible for killing ivy in center field based on little or no evidence is completely asinine! For the Chicago Tribune to go along with this assertion by its subsidiary proves that its coverage of baseball in this town constitutes nothing short of a conflict of interest.

CuckTheFubs
07-16-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
This is a complete outrage. For the Chicago Cubs organization and its mouthpiece, the Chicago Tribune, to make the tacit suggestion that a White Sox fan is responsible for the dying ivy is the sports fan equivalent of racial profiling. [/COLOR] [/B]

“Tacit”? I’m not sure that I would say that it was tacit. True no direct accusation of Sox fan culpability is in quotes. However Cubune mudslinger, in what must have been a response to talk of it being a Sox fan, said “"I think we're just assuming," McGuire said. "No decent Cubs fan would damage the ivy."

That is complete BS. So there are no other possible reasons why the wall weeds could die in one patch?

duke of dorwood
07-16-2002, 08:51 AM
:nandrolone

I sneezed on it

PaleHoseGeorge
07-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Contrary to what Cubune apologist Teddy Greenstein thinks, I say it's pretty obvious who the primary suspect ought to be.

:baylor
"Bite me!"

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 08:54 AM
I think we're just assuming," McGuire said. "No decent Cubs fan would damage the ivy."

And as the late Dolph Sweet told us in The Bad News Bears II, "If you assume, you make an ass out of you and me."

Randar68
07-16-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
"I don't want to go that far," Baird said. "All Chicagoans should have a little politeness."

Anyone else see the irony of this given the way this Rag covers Chicago Baseball and it's ever-growing slanderous tendancies?

steff
07-16-2002, 09:40 AM

Hey.. I'm polite. But there's just something about urine heaven that makes one want to roll out the round up!! Quite honestly, once Comiskey's eye reaches maturity... it's not safe either.

LongDistanceFan
07-16-2002, 10:36 AM

that is funny, i am not creative enuf to do this, but a list should be made of some of the disastrous things done and said it was a sox fan, i hope i was able to explain it right.

Cubs officials have no suspects. But they do suspect the person is a White Sox fan.

why?????

i if it was, i would like to shake the hand of the person.

:D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-16-2002, 10:56 AM

I have a new hero. Pure genious on the "sox fan's" part. this fan deserves a pre game video tribute. let him/her throw out the first pitch vs the cubs next year(if there is a season)

Procol Harum
07-16-2002, 11:07 AM

Other 20th-century Chicago crimes obviously commited by Sox fans:

-The Bobby Franks Murder (Leopold & Loeb were from Hyde Park, after all....)

-The St. Valentine's Day Massacre (hey, they merely thought that it was Capone's South Side mob that hit Bugs Moran's North Side Gang back in '29--in reality it was a quartette of typically evil Sox fans)

-The Lou Brock trade (a mischevious Sox fan posed as the Cubs GM and made the deal)

-The '69 Miracle Mets (Tommie Agee, JC Martin and Al Weis were all former White Sox players...wait there may be something to this one :D: )

-Leon Durham's '84 playoff error (massive evidence exists that a Sox fan seated behind the first-base dugout at Jack Murphy Stadium shouted "Hey, Leon, miss that wouldja???" precisely at the time that the ball reached him--Leon, who was attempting to flip off the Pale Hose fan whilst simultaneously fielding the ball couldn't make the play and the rest is histoiré ....)

epsoxfan
07-16-2002, 11:17 AM
I think if they are going to accuse sox fans about destoying the ivy we should all go to the toilet bowl and destroy the rest of the nasty ivy

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 11:25 AM
A caller to Dan Bernstein's WSCR-AM (670) show, claiming to be a Wrigley Field security guard, says that three White Sox fans poured weed killer on the ivy on June 16 which was the third day of the Sox-Cubs series at Wrigley. Bernstein sounded somewhat skeptical.

epsoxfan
07-16-2002, 11:30 AM
a scrub fan called in to 670 this morning and said scrub fans should go to our ballpark and pour scrubbie blue dye in the shower or red dye

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 11:50 AM
A caller to Dan Bernstein's WSCR-AM (670) show, claiming to be a Wrigley Field security guard, says that three White Sox fans poured weed killer on the ivy on June 16 which was the third day of the Sox-Cubs series at Wrigley. Bernstein sounded somewhat skeptical.

Having thought about this so-called security guard's claims. Several questions emerge. First of all, why weren't these three supposed vandals arrested? What the guard claims went on is criminal damage to property. Second, didn't Wrigley Field install video cameras over the bleachers after fans trashed the field one night? Wouldn't the cameras have caught the perpetrators in the act? Finally, in this post 9/11 world, wouldn't a security check of fans entering the ballpark have found the weed killer in possession of the perpetrators?

HawkDJ
07-16-2002, 11:51 AM
LOL. That was great. One of the many reasons I'm a Sox fan!

voodoochile
07-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Daver, were you "fixing the plumbing" at Wrigley again?

Honestly all the outrage here over the media's portrayal of the culprot likely being a Sox fan. It was clearly done during the Sox series. Who's a more likely suspect, flubbie fans or Sox fans? It doesn't take a genius to see the obvious. Yeah, it could have been an irate flubbie fan who finally figured out that the stadium and it's lovable ivy are holding the team back because no one cares about the game anymore, but that would imply that some of them actually have a brain and care about more than beer and sunshine... We all know that's impossible...

We did it, be proud that we did it. Why run from the obvious. It isn't profiling or bias, it's the truth. Now let's all be glad that some Sox fan struck a blow for ballmall baseball...

steff
07-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Daver, were you "fixing the plumbing" at Wrigley again?

Honestly all the outrage here over the media's portrayal of the culprot likely being a Sox fan. It was clearly done during the Sox series. Who's a more likely suspect, flubbie fans or Sox fans? It doesn't take a genius to see the obvious. Yeah, it could have been an irate flubbie fan who finally figured out that the stadium and it's lovable ivy are holding the team back because no one cares about the game anymore, but that would imply that some of them actually have a brain and care about more than beer and sunshine... We all know that's impossible...

We did it, be proud that we did it. Why run from the obvious. It isn't profiling or bias, it's the truth. Now let's all be glad that some Sox fan struck a blow for ballmall baseball...

I'm with you Voodoo.. I wish it was ME that did it. However, I was in Lake Geneva that weekend... or was I :D:

34rancher
07-16-2002, 12:11 PM

Hey at least this guy admitted that they are "weeds".

NUCatsFan
07-16-2002, 12:18 PM
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I dropped a line to "Ask Teddy" through CS.com (it should stand for cubbiesports). Basically, I ranted about his lack of journalistic integrity for laying the blame on Sox fans when there was absolutely no evidence of it, aside from the timing issue. Even at that, it's more likely that it was a Cub fan (not many of my Sox fan friends would want to sit in those bleachers). I even told him that he should turn in his credentials and never return to Chicago. I wonder what would happen if he had his mailbox flooded with like 50 or so angry email about his piece?

34rancher
07-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by NUCatsFan
I wonder what would happen if he had his mailbox flooded with like 50 or so angry email about his piece?

You would get more articles like this one. It means that they know that people are reading their toilet paper.

NUCatsFan
07-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by 34rancher
You would get more articles like this one. It means that they know that people are reading their toilet paper.

It's a tough decision. Either we admit that we read their rag, or we let them get away with POS articles like TG's. Neither one's a good decision, but I decided that I wasn't going to let him get away with writing something like that.

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

If "we" did it, "we" broke the law. That is why I think the perpetrator(s) should be prosecuted. Don't get me wrong; I despise the Urinal and everything is stands for. But criminal damage to property in the White Sox name cannot be justified. And if you think a criminal action such as this is cool, all you are doing is giving our enemies in the media and elesewhere an infinite amount of ammunition.

Cheryl
07-16-2002, 01:52 PM
It's probably not even vandalism at all, unless you count the Trib not spending money on their hallowed ballpark vandalism. It's probably just dying from lack of care.

BTW, I do count what the Trib has done with the Urinal vandalism.

voodoochile
07-16-2002, 03:13 PM

If "we" did it, "we" broke the law. That is why I think the perpetrator(s) should be prosecuted. Don't get me wrong; I despise the Urinal and everything is stands for. But criminal damage to property in the White Sox name cannot be justified. And if you think a criminal action such as this is cool, all you are doing is giving our enemies in the media and elesewhere an infinite amount of ammunition.

OHMIGAWD!!! They Killed IVY!!!

No, I personally am not in favor of vandelism. Yes, I agree that it was wrong. Yes, I still think it was a Sox fan who did it. I was being semi-sarcastic in my post, but have given up on teal for the time being. I thought the "strike a blow for ballmall baseball" line would give it away that I was joking, but I guess not. Maybe I need to go back to teal... nah...

What probably killed it was a bunch of drunk flubbie fans wandered back into the ball park after closing and found a good place to do their nightly outdoor pee...

BuehrleACE56
07-16-2002, 03:19 PM
LOL! I just heard Chip Caray going on about this. He said something to the effect of:

"When you think of summer, you think of baseball, the fans, Wrigley Field, and mostly the ivy. The fact that someone would come here premeditated and and try and destroy something that's a part of not only baseball, but american history, is just sick."

Gimme a break Chip! I hope it was a Sox fan and I hope they destroy all those stupid weeds. I was LMAO during his little rant during the Braves game. Oh man! ahahahaha

freakmaster
07-16-2002, 04:00 PM
:troll

"Time for my nap."

nut_stock
07-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Did you think of that all by your little self; Or did mommy help?

CuckTheFubs
07-16-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by freakmaster
And my post proves it. Flub fans are classless losers!

IF what you say is true, then what does it say about you that joined WSI and then felt compelled to post here?

hsc1
07-16-2002, 04:14 PM

Having thought about this so-called security guard's claims. Several questions emerge. First of all, why weren't these three supposed vandals arrested? What the guard claims went on is criminal damage to property. Second, didn't Wrigley Field install video cameras over the bleachers after fans trashed the field one night? Wouldn't the cameras have caught the perpetrators in the act? Finally, in this post 9/11 world, wouldn't a security check of fans entering the ballpark have found the weed killer in possession of the perpetrators?

viva thats exactly what came to mind when i heard about this.... how in the heck do you sneak in a gallon ( i assume from the ammount of damage it would take at least that much, it does in my yard) of weed killer past security????? ahh to have the days of the andy frains back again... nothing got past them....lol

Viva Magglio
07-16-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
LOL! I just heard Chip Caray going on about this. He said something to the effect of:

"When you think of summer, you think of baseball, the fans, Wrigley Field, and mostly the ivy. The fact that someone would come here premeditated and and try and destroy something that's a part of not only baseball, but american history, is just sick."

Gimme a break Chip! I hope it was a Sox fan and I hope they destroy all those stupid weeds. I was LMAO during his little rant during the Braves game. Oh man! ahahahaha

:chimp
Fans, when you come to the ballpark don't be a moron.
[Said the night of the Dodgers' bullpen raid into the stands]

PaleHoseGeorge
07-16-2002, 04:42 PM

:chimp
Fans, when you come to the ballpark don't be a moron.
[Said the night of the Dodgers' bullpen raid into the stands]

LOL! Chip, you're the Pied Piper for all the morons drawn to the Urinal!

Randar68
07-16-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56

I bet the fool doesn't even know who planted them in the first place. Flubbie-dom is the epitomy of arrogance.

RedPinStripes
07-16-2002, 05:23 PM
JoeBatters Puked on the weeds. Yup. :gulp: That's what happens when you drink budwieser!

CuckTheFubs
07-16-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
I bet the fool doesn't even know who planted them in the first place. Flubbie-dom is the epitomy of arrogance.

In contrast to the mantras from Cubbie fans and the Cubune itself that the Cubune is a light to the world this Cubune article is further proof that they’re a vile organization that lacks class. As Harold Washington once said and it applies to the Cubune, "It's hubris gone wild."

RKMeibalane
07-16-2002, 09:24 PM
I suppose Cubs fans would like to blame us for the fact that Sosa uses steroids, too.

DVG
07-16-2002, 11:50 PM

Don't forget the Stock Market collapse, World War II, Korea,
Vietnam, Hiroshima, the World Trade Center attack, Bill Buckner's
error in game 6 and other of history's horrible tragedies. I'm
sure Sox fans were behind all of them, at least in a Tribune
volume of American history. Hey, I think I even read somewhere
that Osama bin Laden is a White Sox fan. The Tribune, probably.

chisoxfanatic
07-17-2002, 12:35 AM
I've been doing some real thinking here, and now that I think of it, we haven't been getting much rain here lately, and we've been having VERY sunny days. I'm wondering if the external conditions could be the culprit, and that the media is just blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

Heather the Redbird

DVG
07-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
I've been doing some real thinking here, and now that I think of it, we haven't been getting much rain here lately, and we've been having VERY sunny days. I'm wondering if the external conditions could be the culprit, and that the media is just blowing this whole thing out of proportion.

Heather the Redbird

Perhaps. But what kind of story would that make? Portion of
Wrigley vines dies because of dry spell? How boring.

voodoochile
07-17-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by DVG

Perhaps. But what kind of story would that make? Portion of
Wrigley vines dies because of dry spell? How boring.

I like the Joe Batters excuse. Budweiser and me don't agree either...

foulkesfan11
07-17-2002, 10:12 AM
On Fox news this morning, Cub fans were interviewed & it made me sick! One old lady said that Sox fans aren't real baseball fans & that when the Sox play at Wrigley the Sox fans terrorize the Cub fans. What a stupid bitch! Even Chip Carey was bashing Sox fans on the news.

One good thing was that a plant specialist was interviewed & said that it would take 3 years for the ivy to grow back!

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-17-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by DVG

Don't forget the Stock Market collapse, World War II, Korea,
Vietnam, Hiroshima, the World Trade Center attack, Bill Buckner's
error in game 6 and other of history's horrible tragedies. I'm
sure Sox fans were behind all of them, at least in a Tribune
volume of American history. Hey, I think I even read somewhere
that Osama bin Laden is a White Sox fan. The Tribune, probably.

Civil War, Sadamm Husseins birth, cancer of every kind, computer viruses, broken bones, federal taxes, gas prices, weed killer, earthquakes, family guy getting canceled, the joker in batman, al capone, the mafia, the catholic church scandal, people dying, its all our fault!!! :smile:

epsoxfan
07-17-2002, 12:16 PM
They interviewed scrub fans last night on channel 7 news as well and one girl was asked who she thought had done it and she said the south siders. They interviewed a few others as well who basically said the same thing, only 1 sox fan was interviewed and said that we wouldn't stoop so low and do that.

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 12:17 PM
I caught Wills on the post game show last night. He catagorically denied ever going near the place.

cheeses_h_rice
07-17-2002, 01:22 PM
Listening to the complaints of the piss-pants Flub fans on last night's news, you'd have thought that someone painted an inverted cross on the altar at Holy Name Cathedral and left a goat's head on top of Jesus.

I believe the word "sacrilege" was used, and words to that effect, more than once.

Jesus Christ, folks, it's a BASEBALL STADIUM, and a small patch of WEEDS. Get over it!

Still, I have to say this little incident (which I believe was perpetrated by a Sox fan -- I ain't no dummy) has brightened what has otherwise been the most miserable season in my existence as a Sox fan. I had a tear of laughter running down my face when I saw that 4-foot brown gash.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
07-17-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Listening to the complaints of the piss-pants Flub fans on last night's news.

That was priceless.

From Bere, to Santo, to Chimp and on.

CuckTheFubs
07-17-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That was priceless.

From Bere, to Santo, to Chimp and on.

I missed it, what did Bere, Santo and Mr. MonoBrow have to say?

Jerry_Manuel
07-17-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by CuckTheFubs
I missed it, what did Bere, Santo and Mr. MonoBrow have to say?

I didn't get to hear everything they said. Bere said something along the lines of "People come here for the ivy, Wrigley is known for the ivy. And for someone to do this to it, is just wrong."

The same thing was said by Santo and Chimp.

Cheryl
07-17-2002, 02:06 PM
You mean they don't go there to watch baseball?

LongDistanceFan
07-17-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
One old lady said that Sox fans aren't real baseball fans & that when the Sox play at Wrigley the Sox fans terrorize the Cub fans.

if you look cross eyed at any scrubs fan, they get terrified.

cheeses_h_rice
07-17-2002, 03:22 PM

The Piss-Pants Patrol is working overtime on the case, boss!

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=21947.1&ctx=0

FarWestChicago
07-17-2002, 03:25 PM

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=21947.1&ctx=0 OMG!! Piss-Pants Patrol is right. What a bunch of wussies. LMAO!!!

steff
07-17-2002, 03:37 PM

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-cubs&msg=21947.1&ctx=0

ROTFLMAO!!! Aloha.. the culprit? That is tooooo funny. Any of those idiots stop to think about the amount of Round Up that would be needed to cause that much damage...? Stoopid arses! What pisses me off most about this... all they have to do is test the friggin soil and they will KNOW what did it. Are the groundskeepers at Wrigley THAT stupid? Does the Trib KNOW how retarded they look for reporting on this WITHOUT all the FACTS..? And are the Cubs aware of how sad making an issue out of this and pointing fingers is..? I tell ya what.. this comes out to be some friggin grubs or something else, something natural, that killed that friggin ivy... they are going to be sorry they f'ed with some Sox fans I've talked to. Class action law suite for defamation guys. Scary thing is.. I think they'd do it.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
OMG!! Piss-Pants Patrol is right. What a bunch of wussies. LMAO!!!

Omigod, I'm dyin' over here! I love the post by the Sherlock Holmes who hopes the Cubs can identify what the substance was that killed the ivy. Maybe he figures they can trace the source of the Round Up back to the production plant? What the hell does he think he's working with, anthrax? LMAO!

Or maybe he thinks the government should begin issuing special permits before anybody can purchase Round Up? You know, like a 48 hour "cooling off" period? Oh, what dopes!

As for Aloha, I guess this will teach him to never make a clever joke before something serious like the Cubs/Sox series. He would be better off making jokes about hiding a bomb in front of airport security once the Piss-Pants Patrol gets a hold of him!!!!

FarWestChicago
07-17-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Omigod, I'm dyin' over here! I love the post by the Sherlock Holmes who hopes the Cubs can identify what the substance was that killed the ivy. Maybe he figures they can trace the source of the Round Up back to the production plant? What the hell does he think he's working with, anthrax? LMAO!

Or maybe he thinks the government should begin issuing special permits before anybody can purchase Round Up? You know, like a 48 hour "cooling off" period? Oh, what dopes!

As for Aloha, I guess this will teach him to never make a clever joke before something serious like the Cubs/Sox series. He would be better off making jokes about hiding a bomb in front of airport security once the Piss-Pants Patrol gets a hold of him!!!! You know what kills me? We have been dealing with these completely lame Flub fans for years now. But, after all this time, the best jokes and parodies any of us can do of Flubbies nowhere near approach the real thing. It's nothing short of amazing. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2002, 04:25 PM
You know what kills me? We have been dealing with these completely lame Flub fans for years now. But, after all this time, the best jokes and parodies any of us can do of Flubbies nowhere near approach the real thing. It's nothing short of amazing. :D:

Truth is stranger than fiction. I couldn't have made that stuff up. You could write a great comedy bit with the Piss-Pants Patrol applying to the FAA for airport security jobs. They have a natural comedic sense to their banter. Sort of like Martin & Lewis.

I'm sure there are plenty more Flubbie dolts yet to be "discovered" too!

:gulp:

Spiff
07-17-2002, 04:39 PM
haha and i was just trying to help out my fellow cub fans by pointing him out, because i was sure he did it.

"If the Cubs are serious about catching the person, a quick check of the IP address should lead them right where they need to go."

What makes them think the Cubs could get ahold of that anyway?

And on top of everything they have really crappy graphics at that board. Amateurs.

soxrme
07-17-2002, 04:41 PM
COULD THERE JUST HAVE BEEN SOME POOR USE OF FERTILIZER BY THE VAUNTED GROUNDSKEEPERS OF WRIGLEY?? MOST OF THE FANS THERE SEEM TO BE CONSUMED BY ANOTHER KIND OF WEED. PERSONALLY I WOULD NOT PISS ON ANY PART OF WRIGLEY IF IT WAS BURNING!

PaleHoseGeorge
07-17-2002, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Spiff
haha and i was just trying to help out my fellow cub fans by pointing him out, because i was sure he did it.

Yep Spiff, you're the "Deep Throat" of this entire investigation. You gave the Piss-Pants Patrol the smoking gun the Cubune dicks have been searching for.

First the motion picture. Then the pay-per-view release, and finally the DVD. Can we get Redford and Hoffman to reprise their roles from "All the President's Men"?

OMG, what dopes!

steff
07-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Spiff

"If the Cubs are serious about catching the person, a quick check of the IP address should lead them right where they need to go."

What makes them think the Cubs could get ahold of that anyway?

And on top of everything they have really crappy graphics at that board. Amateurs.

ROTFLMAO!!! I'm pretty sure that if the Cubs were looking for Aloha, they wouldn't need his IP addy to find him. Although, maybe I'm wrong and he wouldn't want to talk with them if they requested. Personally, I would. My stomach is hurting from laughing so much over this. This is unreal.. simply unreal.

Chisox353014
07-17-2002, 05:49 PM
LMAO!! Geez, those morons need a reality check like a crackhead (or Ronnie Woo-Woo) needs a hit.
The thing that confuses me the most though - why do about 5 different posters on that board have signatures congratulating the other posters for posting?!?!? Is it really such a big accomplishment to use an internet message board?
Makes me wonder how many of those posters have to wear a helmet when they get dressed in the morning.

SOXSINCE'70
07-17-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by CuckTheFubs
Maybe during BP Sosa took a leak there and Sosa’s steroid-laced urine killed the weeds.

My sentiments exactly.You'd think the sCrUBS would be more concerned with the fact that the damn team hasn't made the WORLD SERIES SINCE 1945!!!! Guess not.

You could put 25 Beanie Babies on that damn field and they'd draw nearly 3 million a year.Why "Foulke" with perfection??

alohafri
07-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
On Fox news this morning, Cub fans were interviewed & it made me sick! One old lady said that Sox fans aren't real baseball fans & that when the Sox play at Wrigley the Sox fans terrorize the Cub fans. What a stupid bitch! Even Chip Carey was bashing Sox fans on the news.

Not real baseball fans? Don't get me started! Terrorizing Cub fans? Let me repeat a story I told earlier about how when we were at the Toilet Bowl, Mrs. Aloha was stopped a number of times by drunken jerkoffs just to yell at her that the Sox suck.

As far as Chip Carey goes, he can kiss my ass, right downtown, and PRINT IT!

alohafri
07-18-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

ROTFLMAO!!! Aloha.. the culprit? That is tooooo funny. Any of those idiots stop to think about the amount of Round Up that would be needed to cause that much damage...? Stoopid arses! What pisses me off most about this... all they have to do is test the friggin soil and they will KNOW what did it. Are the groundskeepers at Wrigley THAT stupid? Does the Trib KNOW how retarded they look for reporting on this WITHOUT all the FACTS..? And are the Cubs aware of how sad making an issue out of this and pointing fingers is..? I tell ya what.. this comes out to be some friggin grubs or something else, something natural, that killed that friggin ivy... they are going to be sorry they f'ed with some Sox fans I've talked to. Class action law suite for defamation guys. Scary thing is.. I think they'd do it.

Point number one. I was sitting along the third base line in the upper deck on Friday and along the first base line in the upper deck on Saturday, and wasn't at Sunday's game. Anyone knows that you can't get to the bleachers from there at the Toilet Bowl.

Point number two. According to the Sun-Times, the amount of weed killer and the high concentration would have stunk to high heaven and someone would have smelled it.

Point number three. Can you say "defamation of character"? Bring on the Scrub fans. Let em accuse me of anything they want because I was with one of their own during both games.

alohafri
07-18-2002, 02:19 PM
You know what kills me? We have been dealing with these completely lame Flub fans for years now. But, after all this time, the best jokes and parodies any of us can do of Flubbies nowhere near approach the real thing. It's nothing short of amazing. :D:

That is the most amazing thing. Wrigley Field fans are a parody of themselves...just like Lincoln Park Trixies.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by alohafri

Point number one. I was sitting along the third base line in the upper deck on Friday and along the first base line in the upper deck on Saturday, and wasn't at Sunday's game. Anyone knows that you can't get to the bleachers from there at the Toilet Bowl.

Point number two. According to the Sun-Times, the amount of weed killer and the high concentration would have stunk to high heaven and someone would have smelled it.

Point number three. Can you say "defamation of character"? Bring on the Scrub fans. Let em accuse me of anything they want because I was with one of their own during both games.

Woo hoo! Word up, Aloha! The Piss-Pants Patrol is in full retreat!!!

I say we get their IP addresses and track them down like the dogs they are! I won't settle for anything less than jail time for those false accusers!!!!

alohafri
07-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by steff3603

ROTFLMAO!!! I'm pretty sure that if the Cubs were looking for Aloha, they wouldn't need his IP addy to find him. Although, maybe I'm wrong and he wouldn't want to talk with them if they requested. Personally, I would. My stomach is hurting from laughing so much over this. This is unreal.. simply unreal.

They can call the FBI, CPD, CIA, NASA, El Quaida, the Kremlin, whoever they want.

I didn't know that making a joke about using Roundup on the weeds at Wrigley Field was the same as making a bomb comment at an airport. You want me to admit it? Fine, I did....NOTHING. If someone was stupid enough to take that as advice, I have no control over that. I guess you can add me to the list of the "Cult of Personality."

alohafri
07-18-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Woo hoo! Word up, Aloha! The Piss-Pants Patrol is in full retreat!!!

I say we get their IP addresses and track them down like the dogs they are! I won't settle for anything less than jail time for those false accusers!!!!

If only Tony Accardo was still alive, we could talk to him. He would take care of them for me.

SoxRule
07-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Where's Johnnie Cocharan when you need him?

NUCatsFan
07-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by SoxRule
Where's Johnnie Cocharan when you need him?

He's busy suing Northwestern :angry:

alohafri
07-20-2002, 02:01 PM
Just a thought...wasn't Chimp Caray sitting in the bleachers a couple of days after the Sox series?

Again, someone call Oliver Stone.