PDA

View Full Version : Well Howry really upped his trade value.

MattSharp
07-15-2002, 10:11 PM
Another stellar performance from the "Pitcher Formerly (and once again) known as Gascan." Glover didn't pitch horribly, but Howry managed to put it out of reach. So basically he isn't worth a damn thing now.

BuehrleACE56
07-16-2002, 01:00 AM
I was watching the game and Gary pitched into a jam and Jerry immediately pulls him for Howry. I said right there, "Hey Jer! Jowry is the gascan. You're just adding fuel to the fire." Sure enough he allows Gary's runners to score and then load the bases. 1 1/3 innings later it's 7-0 and we're screwed. He's hardly worth anything.

bc2k
07-16-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
I was watching the game and Gary pitched into a jam and Jerry immediately pulls him for Howry. I said right there, "Hey Jer! Jowry is the gascan. You're just adding fuel to the fire." Sure enough he allows Gary's runners to score and then load the bases. 1 1/3 innings later it's 7-0 and we're screwed. He's hardly worth anything.

That was Howry's problem last year also; coming in with men on base and allowing them to score, hurting the starters' era. Why Manuel puts Howry in with men on base is beyond me. It was a 2-0 Indians lead, Manuel should have opted for Ginter instead of Howry. But why am I complaining about pitching matchups when the Sox can't even overcome a 2-0 deficit?

Howry should only be allowed to pitch in blowouts or at the start of innings.