PDA

View Full Version : Roller Dome Catching Up?

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 09:05 PM
The Super D at home of the Twinks have commited 3 errors and allowed 4 un-earned runs tonight to the Angels, of course those 7 bb by Santana helped a little, at least there is something to laugh about tonight :D: :?: :angry:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The Super D at home of the Twinks have commited 3 errors and allowed 4 un-earned runs tonight to the Angels, of course those 7 bb by Santana helped a little, at least there is something to laugh about tonight :D: :?: :angry:

:iron

"They probably weren't wearing their skates."

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 09:10 PM
Another funny thing would be that the Twinks are playing so hard for nothing with the possibility of a strike wiping out the post-season, and if there is a post-season watching them get the ole 3 and out against some real playoff teams either the A's, M's, Yanks or Red Sox. :D:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Another funny thing would be that the Twinks are playing so hard for nothing with the possibility of a strike wiping out the post-season, and if there is a post-season watching them get the ole 3 and out against some real playoff teams either the A's, M's, Yanks or Red Sox. :D:

I think the Twins are playing like they have something to prove after "YOU AINT MY" Bud Selig tried to contract them out of existence.

ma-gaga
07-15-2002, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't laugh so loud. The Twins have no right to be in their game, but they are. They are only trailing 7-5 going into the 7th inning...

It's been a long time since I've seen such an ugly display of fielding.

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
I wouldn't laugh so loud. The Twins have no right to be in their game, but they are. They are only trailing 7-5 going into the 7th inning...

It's been a long time since I've seen such an ugly display of fielding.

Don't worry I hate the Twins and the Angels all the same, with the possibility of the Angels getting a little bit more hate for obvious reasons.

ma-gaga
07-15-2002, 09:15 PM
there's another possible error. Jones snowcone drops a 'double' by anderson.

ma-gaga
07-15-2002, 09:17 PM
terrible game. jones misplays a single... maybe he could have caught GAnderson at home... maybe not.

They are not sharp at all... :)

ma-gaga
07-15-2002, 09:39 PM
You probably don't want to hear this:

7-8 Anaheim. Hunter hits a two-run bomb.

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 09:47 PM
You probably don't want to hear this:

7-8 Anaheim. Hunter hits a two-run bomb.

Well they're still losing :smile:

Here's something that shocked me, why do we get all this bad PR for our lack of attendence, when, as i justed looked up we are actually 1 place ahead of the Twins in attendence this year!?!?!(Sox 22 Twins 23) They are a 1st place team that, just this off-season was almost contracted due to the low revenue and low attendence. You'd think a team blasted for that would be packing the house everynight just to show Selig what for. What Gives?

ma-gaga
07-15-2002, 10:04 PM
3 run bomb by Guzman... 10-8 Twins.

Attendance. The threat of contraction and the strike have really dampened the spirit of the community. There really isn't a lot of enthusiasm for the main reason that most of the Twin Cities realize that there will PROBABLY be a strike.

If they sign a 3-5 year agreement, the fans will come.

Daver
07-15-2002, 10:06 PM

Attendance. The threat of contraction and the strike have really dampened the spirit of the community. There really isn't a lot of enthusiasm for the main reason that most of the Twin Cities realize that there will PROBABLY be a strike.

The fact that the stadium bill is about dead probably doesn't help.....

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 10:07 PM

Well that kinda sucks. I was thinking that before the season started that either no one would show up or they would pack the house just to show Bud. I guess It's leaning more towards the first one, people are showing up but just not that many

ma-gaga
07-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Final. Twins did it. 10-8.

I saw a graphic earlier in the game where they went through the 'come from behind' standings. They listed the Sox up there with 22-23 come from behind victories. Is this correct?

I don't know why the Twins won't play with Saint Paul. I guess it's their "commitment to selling the team", and no buyer wants to buy the team in St. Paul.

Doesn't really make sense, maybe they'll get something done next year, but the strike will kill all support of any public financing.

... :)