PDA

View Full Version : 2011 World Series - Cardinals vs. Rangers

Pages : [1] 2 3

thomas35forever
10-16-2011, 11:52 PM
I think the Rangers take this in five.

SoxSpeed22
10-16-2011, 11:54 PM
The Rangers are firing on all cylinders. If the Cards want to overdo it with their bullpen, Texas' versatile lineup will give them trouble. The Cards offense had been doing their job, but it's up to their starting pitching.
Rangers in 6

LongLiveFisk
10-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Pulling for the Rangers. Came so close last year and I'd really like to see them win it for their fans this year.

Fenway
10-17-2011, 12:00 AM
I really hope St. Louis doesn't sneak in again like 2006.

3 weeks ago they needed a miracle to even make the playoffs.....

doublem23
10-17-2011, 12:07 AM

Meh, it's not a sneak-job like in 2006. They won 90 games and played great baseball the last month of the season to even get there. In 2006, they won 83 games and won a ****ty, ****ty division.

Don't really have strong feelings either way regarding these teams, just rooting for a good series, though I will be surprised if Texas doesn't win.

SOXPHILE
10-17-2011, 12:09 AM

They wouldn't be sneaking in. That '06 team only won 83 regular season games. This team went on quite a tear at the end of the season, beat a heavily favored Phillies team and a pretty powerful Brewers team. By no means did they back into this.

Zakath
10-17-2011, 12:14 AM
The top hitting team in the AL vs. the top hitting team in the NL. Both pitching staffs were decent as well, with ERA's in the top half of MLB, with Texas finishing 5th in the AL, St. Louis 8th in the NL.

Hard to pick against Texas with the way they're hitting up and down the lineup. Also have to think that their pen is stronger than the Cardinals, with a little deeper rotation than St. Louis has.

Rangers in 6.

PKalltheway
10-17-2011, 12:29 AM
I'll say Texas in seven. This is about as evenly matched as you can get. Both lineups are ridiculously hot right now, and both are coming off of blowout victories to clinch their respective pennants.

Since the Cards usually jump out to an early lead, Texas will have to make sure they score early and often against them to take the wind out of their sails. The Cardinals, on the other hand, will definitely need for their starters to go deeper into games against Texas' lineup, or else this will be a short series.

It looks like it will be C.J. Wilson vs. Chris Carpenter in Game 1. Wilson hasn't pitched well this postseason, so I think St. Louis will take Game 1. However, the Rangers were able to beat the best pitcher in baseball in Game 1 of the ALCS, so who knows? Hopefully this will be a fun series to watch. Baseball is long overdue for a seven-game World Series, as it has been nine years since we've seen one.

TheOldRoman
10-17-2011, 12:32 AM
We are going to see some bad, bad pitching in this series, but it should be exciting. The Cardinals are firing on all cylinders now. I think they win it in 6.

sox1970
10-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Rangers in 5.

DumpJerry
10-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Where's the Cubs option in the poll?

ComiskeyBrewer
10-17-2011, 02:41 AM
Meh, it's not a sneak-job like in 2006. They won 90 games and played great baseball the last month of the season to even get there. In 2006, they won 83 games and won a ****ty, ****ty division.

Let's be fair, it took a historic collapse(only eclipsed by the Red Sox's own failure) to get them in. ATL convert one of the many saves they blew in august and 90 wins means nothing. I'd say they backed into the playoffs, but deserve credit for winning against two pretty good teams in MIL and PHI.

I'll take Cards in 7, unless TLR pitches to Cruz with men on.

Mohoney
10-17-2011, 03:19 AM
At the beginning of the postseason, I really sold this Rangers team short.

They looked to me like a carbon copy of those Seattle teams that never sealed the deal. Nice depth, but a team that you could ultimately pitch around in key spots, and your pitching would beat their pitching in the clutch.

I really underestimated those bats in that lineup, and I dare not do it again.

Rangers in 5.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-17-2011, 08:12 AM
St. Louis is the home team, so there's no DH the first two games, and potentially the last two. I think that's the edge the Cardinals will need to win it in seven.

chisoxfanatic
10-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Every single series in the first 2 rounds has gone the way I was wanting. If the Cardinals can win this thing, this will be as perfect the playoffs can be without the White Sox being involved.

g0g0
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
:praying: Please Rangers...

aryzner
10-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Texas in 6

doublem23
10-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Let's be fair, it took a historic collapse(only eclipsed by the Red Sox's own failure) to get them in. ATL convert one of the many saves they blew in august and 90 wins means nothing. I'd say they backed into the playoffs, but deserve credit for winning against two pretty good teams in MIL and PHI.

I'll take Cards in 7, unless TLR pitches to Cruz with men on.

It did take a pretty epic collapse by the Braves, but that's why you have to play all 162 games. And that's not giving the Cardinals enough credit, IMO, they did close out the year 23-9 from the last week of August on, tops in the NL and 2nd best in the Majors only to Detroit. You don't close a 10.5 game lead just because the other team fell apart. This Cardinals team doesn't feel at all like that '06 team that really didn't deserve to be in the playoffs and just happened to get ass lucky for a few weeks.

guillensdisciple
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Texas in 6. Have nothing against either team, but I'd prefer Texas take this.

Danielgosox38
10-17-2011, 01:55 PM
I hate the Rangers, and love the Cardinals, so I hope the Cards win. I'm afraid the Rangers are a better team though, so I think the Rangers will win in 6 or 7.

tstrike2000
10-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Go Texas! Rangers in 5.

Foulke You
10-17-2011, 03:38 PM
Rangers in six. I just don't see the Cardinals starters (Kyle Lohse anyone?) being able to stop that lineup that Texas has.

TommyGavinFloyd
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Considering everyone said the Phillies would easily beat the Cardinals, I think they'll keep right on rolling to another title. Good for them. Screw Texas.

samurai_sox
10-17-2011, 05:52 PM
What if I don't like either team? :redneck

Seriously, I would rather see Texas win just because they've never won a World Series before.

Zakath
10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
St. Louis is the home team, so there's no DH the first two games, and potentially the last two. I think that's the edge the Cardinals will need to win it in seven.

I'd agree with you, except that Texas has a lot of games where they were hitting their DH 8th or 9th in the lineup, and unlike a number of teams, doesn't have an all-time DH (a la Ortiz or Thome), so they really don't have one player who would basically be sitting there twiddling his thumbs. Young DH'ed the most this year (69 of 162), but the guy can also play any infield position.

I don't really see an edge there that the Cardinals can exploit.

amsteel
10-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm gonna go with the Cards with the hopes that if TX doesn't win the whole thing, it'll be easier to get opening day tickets in Arlington vs the Sox

StillMissOzzie
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
If the Rangers pitchers can field their position better than the 2006 Tigers, then I say we avoid another Redbird championship. Cards also enjoy a rare home field advantage for the NL winning the All Star game this year.

Still, Rangers in 7. But I was wrong on both the ALCS and NLCS, reminding me once again why I ain't a bettin' man.

SMO
:gulp:

palehozenychicty
10-18-2011, 09:36 PM
If the Rangers pitchers can field their position better than the 2006 Tigers, then I say we avoid another Redbird championship. Cards also enjoy a rare home field advantage for the NL winning the All Star game this year.

Still, Rangers in 7. But I was wrong on both the ALCS and NLCS, reminding me once again why I ain't a bettin' man.

SMO
:gulp:

The Rangers have the deeper lineup and pitching staff. They should win. But who knows?

Falstaff
10-19-2011, 02:57 AM
I'm predicting: Cardinals will win in 6 games.
Edwin Jackson will throw a filthy good game and win his start.
When that happens I will miss him all over again and so will you.:cool:

harwar
10-19-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm expecting a sweep by the rangers ..

thomas35forever
10-19-2011, 12:58 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2011-10-19/world-series-certainty-arthur-rhodes-will-get-a-ring
Arthur Rhodes gets a ring regardless.

doublem23
10-19-2011, 09:30 PM
What the hell was that Hot Spot thing?

kittle42
10-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Oh, Tim McCarver: "It's a five-letter word: S-T-R-I-K-E."

Indeed.

EDIT: The following inning from Joe Buck, in jest: "That's a four-letter word: O-U-T."

tebman
10-19-2011, 10:31 PM
What the hell was that Hot Spot thing?

I wondered the same thing. :scratch:

Hey, they bought an infrared camera and wanted to use it!

guillensdisciple
10-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Well, this might be more interesting than I thought.

Fenway
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
I almost miss Scooter

QYD_t-jcP2E

harwar
10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I almost miss Scooter

QYD_t-jcP2E

Yea, fox sports has become as big a joke as fox news

ode to veeck
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
The Lou Brock Bob Gibson Cards were the first of the few National League teams I have ever rooted for, when they spanked the hated Yankmes way back when. Although, I am generally an AL fan most al the time, I really don't like the Rangers, and I've always liked Tony Larussa, so I am hoping for another year of good pitching and D beats the big Rangers' sticks.

TheOldRoman
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Yea, fox sports has become as big a joke as fox newsSo you are saying you dislike Fox Sports for failing to only show teams which you like?

thechico
10-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Seeing as how the WSI Community picked the Brew Crew over the Redbirds 42-7, I am going with the Redbirds in the series since everyone here seems so convinced the Rangers are going to take it.

doublem23
10-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Seeing as how the WSI Community picked the Brew Crew over the Redbirds 42-7, I am going with the Redbirds in the series since everyone here seems so convinced the Rangers are going to take it.

Well the Rangers are obviously much better than St. Louis but that usually has very little bearing on what team wins a 7-game series. If it did, they'd have already been eliminated once by Philadelphia and again by Milwaukee, both who were just clearly better than them this season.

chisox616
10-20-2011, 03:05 PM
I wish I could remember to vote in these polls. So far, I've picked every series perfectly. Doesn't hurt that I'm picking my second favorite team in baseball and they keep on proving me right every time.

While it's easy to believe that the Cards have an advantage at home with the lack of a DH, I actually think Tony will have a blast managing in Texas with a DH. All of his key bats can be present AND he can sure up his defense, on top of the fact that he can let his good bullpen guys go a little longer than he could without a DH.

Of course, who knows, maybe that will be his undoing. But don't underestimate the Cards in Texas.

TommyJohn
10-20-2011, 04:01 PM
As much as I don't want to see Tony LaRussa win, I am going to pick the Cardinals now. Why? The "Ex-Sox" or "Hitless Wonder" Factor. They have three ex-Sox on the roster-Octavio Dotel, Edwin Jackson and Tony LaRussa himself. The magical Sockie pixie dust has been spread around, you see. They rallied from a 10.5 game deficit to take the wildcard and beat the team with the best record in baseball in round one-shades of the Hitless Wonders of 1906. Then they surprised the Brewers in the NLCS. They will ride the Magical Sockie Pixie Dust to the World Series Championship.

I actually should have known that they had the requisite number of ex-Sox with the way they have been playing lately.

And if any of you doubt me, or if the Cardinals lose, I am going to invoke my "AD" cred. The inventor of the ex-Cub factor is an AD, so as the inventor of the "Hitless Wonder" factor, I am going to carry on the tradtion of being an AD, just on the off-chance that I am wrong. Oh, by the way, "AD" stands for "Arrogant Dickwad."

Fenway
10-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Ratings down but FOX happy

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/10/20/Media/Fox-World-Series.aspx

SOXPHILE
10-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Normally an AL fan, but the Cardinals are my second team, so I'm pulling for them. It's weird though because I don't really like LaRussa (can't deny his managerial skills though), and I'm really disgusted that they brought McGwuire back into the mix as the hitting coach.

So far through one game, this really looks to be a good series though.

SOXSINCE'70
10-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh, Tim McCarver: "It's a five-letter word: S-T-R-I-K-E."

I normally think of 7 letters (actually, 2 words) when dealing with these 2 losers:
The first word starts with an "f" and rhymes with "duck".
The second word is "you".:angry:

Oh, 2 more words I think of with the losers: mute button.

Thank God for this device!!

#1swisher
10-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Game 2

That was a great rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" by Trace Adkins

guillensdisciple
10-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Come on Rangers- runners on the pond nobody out.

Saracen
10-20-2011, 10:51 PM
One helluva ballgame going on.

Marqhead
10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Nice work Hamilton. Get one more!

guillensdisciple
10-20-2011, 10:58 PM
niceeeeeeeee

Fenway
10-20-2011, 10:58 PM
One helluva ballgame going on.

AND for once it is still fairly early on the east coast ( unlike other years )

PushinWeight
10-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Enjoyed watching Punto fail to advance the runner in a big situation! :D::D::D:

guillensdisciple
10-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Enjoyed watching Punto fail to advance the runner in a big situation! :D::D::D:

I guess you really do stop being a pain in the ass once you leave the Twins.

Marqhead
10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Awesome. Now take the series in Texas! Hell of a game.

PushinWeight
10-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Good win Texas. Please let this series go 6 or 7. Too many World Series in recent years have been one team dominating the other; little suspense. No wonder ratings have been down.

vinny
10-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Feliz is just overpowering. Great win for Texas.

ode to veeck
10-20-2011, 11:49 PM
Is joe buck the most annoying announcer in all of sports or what...belaboring Pujols relentlessly and blaming him for allowing the 2nd runner to scoring position when it was actually the outfielder's responsibility by hitting the cutoff man...if i could get a decent 2nd audio feed i'd just turn the sound off

Hendu
10-20-2011, 11:56 PM
I would love to see this go 7 games. And Allen Craig will have 7 pinch hit rbi.

A couple really good games so far.

slavko
10-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Is joe buck the most annoying announcer in all of sports or what...belaboring Pujols relentlessly and blaming him for allowing the 2nd runner to scoring position when it was actually the outfielder's responsibility by hitting the cutoff man...if i could get a decent 2nd audio feed i'd just turn the sound off

Buck was right about the cutoff. Pujols had plenty of time to make the adjustment. McCarver says nothing that you or I haven't already thought of. I find myself rooting for Texas. I guess I only like the Cards in the NL. Baseball is the best game. (I know I keep saying that.)

AZChiSoxFan
10-21-2011, 02:24 AM

Come on, even the clowns on ESPN pointed out that Albert needed to get off his butt, move one foot to the left to knock that ball down. I absolutely love how all we hear, ad nauseum, is how LaRussa is the bomb, his teams play the game so fundamentally sound, he's the best manager in the history of the game, blah, blah, blah. Then they lose because of a failure by Pujols to knock the ball down, and by LaRussa's dumb decision to yank his closer. Classic, I love it!

vinny
10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Buck was right about the cutoff. Pujols had plenty of time to make the adjustment. McCarver says nothing that you or I haven't already thought of. I find myself rooting for Texas. I guess I only like the Cards in the NL. Baseball is the best game. (I know I keep saying that.)

I beg to differ. I believe McCarver says only things that you and I wouldn't even think of saying.

Example: "Those foul balls are strikes...obviously."

:rolling:

Oblong
10-21-2011, 08:22 AM
And Pujols ended up getting charged with the error. And he ducked the media.

I'm sure that will change once he begins shopping his services.

TomBradley72
10-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Come on, even the clowns on ESPN pointed out that Albert needed to get off his butt, move one foot to the left to knock that ball down. I absolutely love how all we hear, ad nauseum, is how LaRussa is the bomb, his teams play the game so fundamentally sound, he's the best manager in the history of the game, blah, blah, blah. Then they lose because of a failure by Pujols to knock the ball down, and by LaRussa's dumb decision to yank his closer. Classic, I love it!

Actually he's the 3rd best manager (in terms of career wins)- and he's done a brilliant job with his 2011 club-

SOXPHILE
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM

LaRussa is one of the best managers in the game. That doesn't mean he or his teams are 100% completely flawless and never make an error or blow a save. Why was his decision to take the closer out dumb ? The first two batters he faced got on base, and there was 2nd and 3rd with 0 outs. Chances are those runners score most of the time. The relivers he brought in did get the next three outs, even though two of them were sac flys. And yes, Pujols should have taken another step or reached a little further to get that ball that was thrown back into the infield. But again, it's one error, and they were also saying he might have been deked by Kinsler taking a big wide turn at third, looking like he was going home.

happydude
10-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Tony will largely get a pass because of his history but I understand where you're coming from. At that point, though the guy had given up a flare to Kinsler and a hard hit ball to Andrus, it was imperative to get strikeouts in order to preserve the lead; Motte was fully capable of blowing away the next two or three batters. Removing him in order to attempt to get a little more magic from the arm of Arthur Rhodes was surprising. I don't know what effect yanking him may have on his psyche going forward in this series, either; he's a young guy who's new to the role as it is.

I also thought they should have walked Michael Young and set up the double play with Beltre. Even though Young hasn't been hitting, he's still a very talented guy who knows situational hitting well; Beltre is a power guy who mainly looks to tattoo the ball and its often right at guys. Of course, right after Young gets the sac fly Adrian ripped a grounder right to the third baseman which would have likely resulted in a double play to keep the game tied. But hindsight is 20/20....

Dibbs
10-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I can't believe Tony took out his young stud closer (even though he doesn't call him the closer, which is dumb as well) for granddaddy Rhodes. It seems like a move only Ozzie would make to play some ridiculous 'match-up'. It's like he's walking around blind without a cane.

Tony followed that up with another mistake you would expect only someone of limited experience to make. You need to walk Young there to set up the double play. He choked big time.

Saracen
10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Whether TLR mismanaged this game or not is debatable. What's not is that Pujols is coming under a huge amount of heat for showering and leaving before the clubhouse was opened - and not answering any questions from the media. I find that pretty gutless for a self-proclaimed "clubhouse leader."

Vernam
10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Nice little NYT story about Berkman: http://mobile.nytimes.com/article;jsessionid=5C4D3CAE5CF52B2620B1086ADD3158A F.w6?a=856853&f=27

Would've been good to have him clogging the basepaths for us, although that turned out not to be a valid concern re: Dunn.

Vernam

soxnut1018
10-23-2011, 12:05 AM
This Pujols guy is pretty good.

#1swisher
10-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Pujols goes deep for the third time tonight and ties the record with Reggie Jackson and Babe Ruth. :cool:

TommyGavinFloyd
10-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Whether TLR mismanaged this game or not is debatable. What's not is that Pujols is coming under a huge amount of heat for showering and leaving before the clubhouse was opened - and not answering any questions from the media. I find that pretty gutless for a self-proclaimed "clubhouse leader."

That man can do whatever the **** he pleases.

Zakath
10-23-2011, 12:54 AM
This Pujols guy is pretty good.

Might just be a flash in the pan though.

Third highest-scoring game in World Series history.

Just saw the video of the controversial call at first. Holliday was out by a mile.

thomas35forever
10-23-2011, 02:09 AM
If there was any doubt about the greatness that is Albert Pujols, I think it was just snuffed out tonight.

WSox597
10-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Edwin Jackson going tonight for the Cards. We'll see which one shows up, he can be spotty at times as he's proved over his career.

And this week's "happiest ex-Cub award" goes to Ryan Theriot. LOL

Vernam
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Edwin Jackson going tonight for the Cards. We'll see which one shows up, he can be spotty at times as he's proved over his career.

Before the real carnage began last night and I moved on to hockey, AJ made some interesting comments about how Jackson tips off his pitches with his eyes. Also said the Sox have an assistant hitting coach who excels at spotting other teams' pitchers' "tells."

I could probably make a gratuitous Greg Walker joke here, but this is the wrong thread. :tongue:

Buck asked if Jackson would be mad that the beans were spilled, but AJ said no, because he used to bug Edwin about it all the time. Somehow I don't doubt that for a second.

AJ will make a fine announcer if he avoids the Steve Lyons-style buffoonery that some "controversial" ex-jocks get sucked into. Hopefully he's smarter than that.

Vernam

SOXSINCE'70
10-23-2011, 11:20 AM

If it's the one who throws fast ball after fast ball,
Nelson Cruz might hit 4 HR's tonight.No teal intended.

#1swisher
10-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Bud Selig announced that Ken Griffey, Jr. will be honored with the Commissoners' Historic Achievement Award. The presentation will be made before Game 4.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20111023&content_id=25761802&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

PKalltheway
10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
What a blast from Napoli! 4-0 Rangers.

chisoxfanatic
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
This is for sure going to end up a "best of 3" now. I honestly see this one going the full 7 games. Both of these teams have hitting and pitching. I think the winner of tomorrow's game will win the series.

Regardless of what happens, this has been a nice month of playoffs for baseball.

PKalltheway
10-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Holland is absolutely dealing right now.

chisoxfanatic
10-23-2011, 10:26 PM
I love it when singers just sing the song and don't try to make a performance out of it. Both the national anthem singer and lady who did "God Bless America" did awesome jobs tonight!

PKalltheway
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
What a performance from Holland! Hopefully Feliz can finish this game off.

Brian26
10-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Holland's line from 8-21 vs. the Sox:

3.1 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 2 BB

Lillibridge took him deep that Sunday afternoon. Maybe there is hope for 2012.

guillensdisciple
10-23-2011, 11:18 PM
2-2. Nice job Rangers.

Take them out.

PKalltheway
10-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Tonight's game was the first shutout from an AL team in the World Series since Game 4 in '05. Terrific job by Holland tonight.

thomas35forever
10-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Tonight's game was the first shutout from an AL team in the World Series since Game 4 in '05. Terrific job by Holland tonight.
You get that tidbit from AJ?:cool:

PKalltheway
10-23-2011, 11:27 PM
You betcha! :D:

guillensdisciple
10-23-2011, 11:30 PM

Hhaha AJ would.

That ring of his shines brighter than anything I have ever seen.

He has a future in broadcasting too.

chisoxfanatic
10-23-2011, 11:49 PM
It's nice for him to be able to give a shout-out to the 2005 team. I've felt that team hasn't had enough respect.

sox1970
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
It's nice for him to be able to give a shout-out to the 2005 team.

Game 2 was six years ago tonight. Seems a lot longer.

DSpivack
10-23-2011, 11:53 PM

Six years is a long time.

chisoxfanatic
10-23-2011, 11:54 PM
I remember walking home on Halsted from Puffers that night just stunned to be 2 wins away from ending that long drought. Time seemed to stand still even thought I was walking.

SoxSpeed22
10-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Except for game 3, this has been a terrific series. You know what they say, 'momentum is the next day's starting pitcher.' It would be a heck of a time for Wilson to finally win a game this postseason.

DSpivack
10-24-2011, 12:37 AM
I love it when singers just sing the song and don't try to make a performance out of it. Both the national anthem singer and lady who did "God Bless America" did awesome jobs tonight!

Was that Zooey Deschanel who did the anthem tonight?

Why I like She & Him, I didn't realize her pipes were good enough to sing the anthem, which is not easy to do.

TommyJohn
10-24-2011, 12:52 AM
It's nice for him to be able to give a shout-out to the 2005 team. I've felt that team hasn't had enough respect.

They committed the crime of not being important enough to have any respect.

doublem23
10-24-2011, 01:50 AM

Well it doesn't help that hey have averaged 0.6 playoff games per year in the seasons since 2005. When was the last time you needed to think about the 2003 Angels?

Fenway
10-24-2011, 01:54 AM

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=19941297&partnerId=aw-8319892678997120387-996

Zakath
10-24-2011, 08:14 AM

Pretty much a traditional performance of the anthem, one you don't hear too often.

chisoxjtrain
10-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Was that Zooey Deschanel who did the anthem tonight?

Why I like She & Him, I didn't realize her pipes were good enough to sing the anthem, which is not easy to do.

Yes it was. If there was a swoon smilie I was use it.

chisoxfanatic
10-24-2011, 10:32 AM
My principal brought around boxes of books for each non-English teacher, because we are supposed to have reading centers in our classrooms. My reading center contains a book called "Great teams in baseball history." It was copyrighted in 2006, from a Chicago-based publisher, and it did not include the 2005 White Sox. It stopped at the 2004 Red Sox. :rolleyes:

hi im skot
10-24-2011, 10:59 AM
My principal brought around boxes of books for each non-English teacher, because we are supposed to have reading centers in our classrooms. My reading center contains a book called "Great teams in baseball history." It was copyrighted in 2006, from a Chicago-based publisher, and it did not include the 2005 White Sox. It stopped at the 2004 Red Sox. :rolleyes:

Oh my god how dare they?!?!?!?!?

Who cares? The final proof was probably completed before the end of the 2005 season. And again, who honestly gives a flying ****?

TommyJohn
10-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Oh my god how dare they?!?!?!?!?

Who cares? The final proof was probably completed before the end of the 2005 season. And again, who honestly gives a flying ****?

There are fans who care, OK? You don't? That's just fine with me.

hi im skot
10-24-2011, 12:14 PM
There are fans who care, OK? You don't? That's just fine with me.

It seems pretty silly to worry about what other folks think about the 2005 team. Whether or not the media "cares" doesn't take away the great memories that we as fans will always have.

JB98
10-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Well it doesn't help that hey have averaged 0.6 playoff games per year in the seasons since 2005. When was the last time you needed to think about the 2003 Angels?

Not often, considering the 2003 Angels (http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ANA/2003.shtml) had a worse record than the 2011 White Sox.

ChiSoxGirl
10-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Hhaha AJ would.

That ring of his shines brighter than anything I have ever seen.

He has a future in broadcasting too.

I love that he's been wearing his World Series ring while broadcasting on national TV. Meanwhile, our former manager was quoted as saying, "**** the ring" a few days after leaving the Sox. Yeah? Well, same to you, Ozzie. :whatever:

voodoochile
10-24-2011, 10:19 PM
This is a great series...

vinny
10-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Bases loaded, Ogando - no room for any more. Strike this mother****er out.

DSpivack
10-24-2011, 10:37 PM
This is a great series...

And yet after reporting the score of the game the other day, WLS sports guy Mark Giangreco said "In case anyone cares and is actually watching the World Series." :rolleyes:

I can't stand that ****ing jagoff.

chisoxfanatic
10-24-2011, 11:00 PM
And yet after reporting the score of the game the other day, WLS sports guy Mark Giangreco said "In case anyone cares and is actually watching the World Series." :rolleyes:

He said that? As a sports reporter, that is uncalled for, and I hope he was fined. There are lots of people watching, or at least following, the World Series in some way.

vinny
10-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Man, that home plate ump is brutal.

DumpJerry
10-24-2011, 11:04 PM
He said that? As a sports reporter, that is uncalled for, and I hope he was fined. There are lots of people watching, or at least following, the World Series in some way.
Fined? What law(s) did he break? What rule(s) did he break? None.It's called the freedom to be a jag. If people stop watching his broadcast, then he'll get canned. It's all about ratings.

thomas35forever
10-24-2011, 11:13 PM
And Napoli is the new frontrunner for World Series MVP.

vinny
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
I love that replay showing Ron Washington dancing on his perch in the dugout.

guillensdisciple
10-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Yessss!!!!

Finish this Texas.

thomas35forever
10-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Fined? What law(s) did he break? What rule(s) did he break? None.It's called the freedom to be a jag. If people stop watching his broadcast, then he'll get canned. It's all about ratings.
And with Giangreco on "Chicago's #1 News", he's not going anywhere.

DSpivack
10-24-2011, 11:17 PM
And with Giangreco on "Chicago's #1 News", he's not going anywhere.

Shame is, I like Jim Rose.

beasly213
10-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Since I hate both teams I'm finding it hard to root for anyone in this series. Basically I've just been rooting for whoever the home team is on a game to game basis.

vinny
10-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Seriously, Tony? You burn Lynn just to give Kinsler a free pass? Lame. :rolleyes:

guillensdisciple
10-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Most definitely. He is killing them offensively and defensively.

vinny
10-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Without Pujols striking out, it's bases juiced and no out right now. Feliz is all over the place.

JB98
10-24-2011, 11:46 PM
I think LaRussa is doing a terrible job in this series. He's bunted a couple times to open a base, allowing Texas to walk Pujols intentionally. I know Holliday is a good hitter, but c'mon. You don't manage to take the bat away from the best hitter in baseball.

Also, the decision to run with Craig on a 3-2 pitch with Pujols at the plate in the ninth was just awful. Pujols felt like he had to protect the runner and swung at ball four. The manager set him up to fail in that spot. In addition, Feliz was all over the place that whole inning. The Cardinals gave him an out he didn't deserve.

JB98
10-24-2011, 11:48 PM

I saw Mark outside the UC after a Hawks game one time. I told him his ****ing Cubs suck and kept walking.

Anyone who is not watching the World Series is missing some good baseball.

hi im skot
10-24-2011, 11:59 PM

He didn't recommend that folks tune in to a hockey game instead?

guillensdisciple
10-25-2011, 12:00 AM
I saw Mark outside the UC after a Hawks game one time. I told him his ****ing Cubs suck and kept walking.

Best series I can remember since the one our Palehose were in, even though I think I am biased because we swept. Quality wise this is a very interesting series.

Kinda on the fence on whether I want to see a game 7. I want some more baseball like that, but I also want Texas to take this.

PKalltheway
10-25-2011, 12:16 AM
Kinda on the fence on whether I want to see a game 7. I want some more baseball like that, but I also want Texas to take this.
I'm with you there. It's been quite a while since a Game 7 (nine years), but I really want Texas to finish this off Wednesday. Either way, this has been a very fun series to watch.

DSpivack
10-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Best series I can remember since the one our Palehose were in, even though I think I am biased because we swept. Quality wise this is a very interesting series.

I'm with you there. It's been quite a while since a Game 7 (nine years), but I really want Texas to finish this off Wednesday. Either way, this has been a very fun series to watch.

I don't really care who wins, I just want to see a Game 7. There hasn't been one since 2002.

Dibbs
10-25-2011, 01:00 AM
I guess there really is worse managers than Ozzie Guillen out there. LaRussa is throwing this World Series. I never wanted him, and am glad we are going with Ventura.

Fenway
10-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Ron Washington is Ozzie in 2005

I think Texas will win but in 7

Danielgosox38
10-25-2011, 02:44 AM
I hate the Rangers and I love the Cardinals..... I am proud of the Cardinals,this year. Nobody expected them to even make the playoffs, much less the World Series. I will still wear my Matt Holliday t-shirt with pride.

slavko
10-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Mark is used to missing good baseball if he loves the Cubbies. And this series is great baseball. Mark's job is to look good while reading some words that another person wrote. At that, he succeeds.

Hitmen77
10-25-2011, 10:03 AM

What were the Angels thinking when they traded him?

soltrain21
10-25-2011, 10:04 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/762420/larussa.gif

TheOldRoman
10-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Mark is used to missing good baseball if he loves the Cubbies. And this series is great baseball. Mark's job is to look good while reading some words that another person wrote. At that, he succeeds.I remember hearing that Mark was nearly in tears after the Cubs lost game 7 in 2003. He said something like, "We broke reporters' code, we are all really guilty of rooting for this team." He can go **** himself.

Golden Sox
10-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Watching Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, and Albert Pujols in this Postseason makes me wonder. When is HGH Testing going to take place in MLB?

Rocky Soprano
10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
He didn't recommend that folks tune in to a hockey game instead?

He must post here, often.

hi im skot
10-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Watching Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, and Albert Pujols in this Postseason makes me wonder. When is HGH Testing going to take place in MLB?

Holy unwarranted accusations, Batman!

Marqhead
10-25-2011, 12:16 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/762420/larussa.gif

Is it possible to embed this gif in an outlook email? I'd like to send it to my Cardinals fan co-worker.

EDIT: Never mind, not supported.

hi im skot
10-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Is it possible to embed this gif in an outlook email? I'd like to send it to my Cardinals fan co-worker.

EDIT: Never mind, not supported.

Just email him this link: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/762420/larussa.gif

Marqhead
10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Just email him this link: http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/762420/larussa.gif

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Microsoft got rid of .gif support in the 2007 version. :scratch:

Nellie_Fox
10-25-2011, 12:51 PM
He didn't recommend that folks tune in to a hockey game instead?Knock it off. You're the one starting crap here.

SI1020
10-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Watching Nelson Cruz, Josh Hamilton, and Albert Pujols in this Postseason makes me wonder. When is HGH Testing going to take place in MLB? Yeah Hamilton is really knocking the hell out of the ball. Or do you think the HGH caused his injury?

TommyJohn
10-25-2011, 01:35 PM
I remember hearing that Mark was nearly in tears after the Cubs lost game 7 in 2003. He said something like, "We broke reporters' code, we are all really guilty of rooting for this team." He can go **** himself.

I'll never forget the stunned look he had on his face while reporting from Wrigley Field after Game 7.

It's Ok. He got us back, though. He later said during a radio interview that 2003 playoff games in US Cellular would not have sold out (despite the fact that two division series games that would've been played there had sold out in minutes).

ComiskeyBrewer
10-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Agreed. Anybody see the video of Carp Cursing in Napoli's direction after he got him to pop out earlier in the game? Stay classy Chris.....

http://youtu.be/WjainZz8_OU

hi im skot
10-25-2011, 01:57 PM
Knock it off. You're the one starting crap here.

Oh, lighten up. It was a joke.

TheOldRoman
10-25-2011, 02:03 PM
I'll never forget the stunned look he had on his face while reporting from Wrigley Field after Game 7.

It's Ok. He got us back, though. He later said during a radio interview that 2003 playoff games in US Cellular would not have sold out (despite the fact that two division series games that would've been played there had sold out in minutes).Maybe you are confusing the dates, but I believe he claimed that the Sox didn't sell out the ALDS games in 2000.

SI1020
10-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Agreed. Anybody see the video of Carp Cursing in Napoli's direction after he got him to pop out earlier in the game? Stay classy Chris.....

http://youtu.be/WjainZz8_OU I'd like a cage match between him and the guy in Milwaukee who gave himself a new name.

Nellie_Fox
10-25-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh, lighten up. It was a joke.No, you complain every time she mentions hockey in a non-hockey related thread. She didn't, so you had to poke at her. If you're going to complain, then don't push the issue.

g0g0
10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Loved seeing Carpenter's look when he got bombed. He seemed confused hehe. 1 more win Rangers!

happydude
10-25-2011, 03:30 PM

http://youtu.be/WjainZz8_OU

Guys have gotten their teeth loosened up for saying the type of stuff to another man he seemed to be saying (looked like "**** you, you piece of ****"). He'd probably be the first one of these oversensitive pitchers to complain about being "shown up" by a hitter, too. Makes me wonder if similar conduct prefaced the Nyjer Morgan thing a while back.

palehozenychicty
10-25-2011, 03:58 PM
What Mike Napoli is saying in his mind to Mike Scioscia:

kyFMzSu5Mcc

doublem23
10-25-2011, 05:36 PM
http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=QW2BoamQ3s4

guillensdisciple
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM

I don''t know if this one fits man...

chisoxfanatic
10-25-2011, 05:45 PM
It would be sad if it ended tomorrow. I wouldn't mind if Texas won the World Series (I don't hate any of the teams from the Western division), but I was really hoping the Cardinals would pull this off. Talk about a "rags to riches" turnaround.

ComiskeyBrewer
10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
Guys have gotten their teeth loosened up for saying the type of stuff to another man he seemed to be saying (looked like "**** you, you piece of ****"). He'd probably be the first one of these oversensitive pitchers to complain about being "shown up" by a hitter, too. Makes me wonder if similar conduct prefaced the Nyjer Morgan thing a while back.

Carpenter is known for this kind of junk. He did basically the same thing with Adam LaRoche, as well as having problems with Carlos Lee slamming his bat down. I think he even yelled at Michael Bourne for stealing a base once. The guy really is a Deutsche Bank.

thomas35forever
10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Wow. That may be my new favorite Internet site. Can't wait to try it out.

SOXSINCE'70
10-25-2011, 08:01 PM

Loved the strike 'em out/throw 'em out double play in the 9th.:thumbsup::yup:

Napoli is my WS MVP as well.

wassagstdu
10-26-2011, 07:01 AM
I think LaRussa is doing a terrible job in this series. He's bunted a couple times to open a base, allowing Texas to walk Pujols intentionally. I know Holliday is a good hitter, but c'mon. You don't manage to take the bat away from the best hitter in baseball.

Also, the decision to run with Craig on a 3-2 pitch with Pujols at the plate in the ninth was just awful. Pujols felt like he had to protect the runner and swung at ball four. The manager set him up to fail in that spot. In addition, Feliz was all over the place that whole inning. The Cardinals gave him an out he didn't deserve.

Anybody doubt that Ozzie Guillen is a better in-game (and overall) manager than either of the WS managers?

Rocky Soprano
10-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Anybody doubt that Ozzie Guillen is a better in-game (and overall) manager than either of the WS managers?

Yup, that's why he is announcing instead of managing.

JB98
10-26-2011, 01:19 PM

Guillen probably approves of those stupid bunts LaRussa ordered. Thank goodness he is no longer managing the White Sox.

Fenway
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Very good chance tonight will be rained out

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_ffe4716c-ffce-11e0-968b-0019bb30f31a.html

http://belo.bimedia.net/KMOV/weather/animated-loops/radar-adi.gif

doublem23
10-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Yup, that's why he is announcing instead of managing.

Seriously, Washington has his team 1 win from a World Title and LaRussa's Cardinals stormed back from a 10-game deficit in the Wild Card and beat the best and 2nd best team in the National League en route to the World Series.

Ozzie's Sox couldn't even muster a .500 record against the ****ty AL Central.

CLR01
10-26-2011, 03:39 PM
What a lousy call on the rainout. Guess we can't deal with a little light rain 6 hours before first pitch. :rolleyes:

doublem23
10-26-2011, 04:02 PM
What a lousy call on the rainout. Guess we can't deal with a little light rain 6 hours before first pitch. :rolleyes:

Forecast looks ****ty tonight, nice Thursday and Friday. I don't blame them for not wanting to repeat that embarrassing Game 5 two-nighter in 2008.

TheOldRoman
10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
What a lousy call on the rainout. Guess we can't deal with a little light rain 6 hours before first pitch. :rolleyes:It is going to start raining harder at 4 pm and continue the rest of the night. But why let facts get in the way.

wassagstdu
10-26-2011, 05:46 PM
Seriously, Washington has his team 1 win from a World Title and LaRussa's Cardinals stormed back from a 10-game deficit in the Wild Card and beat the best and 2nd best team in the National League en route to the World Series.

Ozzie's Sox couldn't even muster a .500 record against the ****ty AL Central.

What a laugh. You are saying that the manager is the reason for the good performance of the Rangers and Cards and the poor performance of the Sox. Now tell me again how little Ozzie had to do with 2005.

And anyone who thinks either Washington or LaRussa is responsible for their teams being where they are is as wrong as anyone who thinks Ozzie was responsible for the poor performance of the Sox. LaRussa is the most overrated manager in baseball and Washington seems to be mostly a clown or a cheerleader. I will put any game Ozzie ever managed up against the 8th inning of game 5 -- which is not all that far from LaRussa's norm.

"Stormed back?" You mean watched Atlanta collapse? But I guess you do have to be a managing genius to win a 5-game series.

doublem23
10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
What a laugh. You are saying that the manager is the reason for the good performance of the Rangers and Cards and the poor performance of the Sox. Now tell me again how little Ozzie had to do with 2005.

And anyone who thinks either Washington or LaRussa is responsible for their teams being where they are is as wrong as anyone who thinks Ozzie was responsible for the poor performance of the Sox. LaRussa is the most overrated manager in baseball and Washington seems to be mostly a clown or a cheerleader. I will put any game Ozzie ever managed up against the 8th inning of game 5 -- which is not all that far from LaRussa's norm.

"Stormed back?" You mean watched Atlanta collapse? But I guess you do have to be a managing genius to win a 5-game series.

Yeah, 2nd best record in the NL over the past month and a half, that had absolutely nothing to do with it. And you're right, managers never have anything to do with their teams' success or failure, all these wildly successful companies keep these guys on the payroll for millions of dollars a year to stand back and cheer! :lol: I'm glad you figured this out for everyone.

Fenway
10-26-2011, 08:36 PM
They made the right call

http://belo.bimedia.net/KMOV/weather/animated-loops/radar-metro.gif

SoxSpeed22
10-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't want to see a bunch of on again, off again rain delays, with the game getting cancelled and both teams losing a starting pitcher.

chisoxfanatic
10-26-2011, 08:42 PM
I wonder if Carpenter would be rested enough to pitch a Game 7.

CLR01
10-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Still waiting for the heavy stuff...

HomeFish
10-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Uh-oh! That's a 2 run bye-bye!

Marqhead
10-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Wow, that looked nasty. Glad he's walking around on it.

kobo
10-27-2011, 09:41 PM

Seriously? He's led his team to back-to-back World Series appearances and is now one win away from winning the Series. I highly doubt a clown or cheerleader could do the same. He may not be the best, but to insinuate he does nothing to help his team or put his players in the best position to win is laughable.

kobo
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
Another error!! Freese just dropped an easy pop fly at 3rd. This is a crazy game.

rookie
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
What is with all these errors? Good grief.

SOXPHILE
10-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Unfreakinbelievable. I was rooting for the Cardinals, but this is absolute horse****. I have not seen this kind of play on the field, in the World Series no less, for as long as I can remember. Big leaguers, in the World Series, playing like a t-ball team. What's next, one of the outfielders missing a fly ball because he was playing with the grass ?

Soxman219
10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
Looks like if this holds, the Sox will watch as the Rangers get their rings on Opening Day in April.

TommyJohn
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
Looks like if this holds, the Sox will watch as the Rangers get their rings on Opening Day in April.

Good! Incentive for Kenny!

DirtySox
10-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Ugly game is ugly.

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 10:29 PM
It's a tie game.

guillensdisciple
10-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow, on a walk?

Seriously?

guillensdisciple
10-27-2011, 10:31 PM
WOW!!!!!!

What a ****ing beast!

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 10:32 PM
WOW!!!!!!

What a ****ing beast!
Napoli is single handedly guiding the Rangers to the title.

kobo
10-27-2011, 10:33 PM
What a play by Napoli!!

This is easily one of the craziest baseball games I have ever seen. The fact it's Game 6 of the World Series makes it even crazier.

vinny
10-27-2011, 10:34 PM
WOW!!!!!!

What a ****ing beast!
Great block of the base by Beltre too. What a ****ing great series.

Meanwhile, back to the keystone cops.

SOXPHILE
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Napoli is single handedly guiding the Rangers to the title.

Yep. And Matt Holiday is almost singlehandedly going to cost the Cardinals the game. He has had some help though.

guillensdisciple
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Side note- Jennie- O advertising is the business. I legitimately want a turkey burger every time I see the damn commercials.

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Side note- Jennie- O advertising is the business. I legitimately want a turkey burger every time I see the damn commercials.
Believe it or not, I had never heard of them until tonight.

vinny
10-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Man, this see-saw **** is crazy.

edit: What a MONSTER shot by Cruz. Holy ****.

SOXPHILE
10-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Ok, I think they can take Lynn out any time now.

Congrats to the Rangers. I am going to concede on this one now, and say they are going to win the 2011 World Series.

HomeFish
10-27-2011, 10:46 PM
Cruz's home run ball just taught Beltre's home run ball some humility.

vinny
10-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Now I see why TLR only let Lynn throw an IBB in game 5.

HomeFish
10-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Here comes Octavio Dotel. I miss that guy.

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Let's see what Oh Do Tell can do.

doublem23
10-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Let's see what Oh Do Tell can do.

Only allowed 1 run to score, so a pretty good outing from him IIRC

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Only allowed 1 run to score, so a pretty good outing from him IIRC
Holland scoring means you can pretty much put a stamp on this series.

doublem23
10-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Holland scoring means you can pretty much put a stamp on this series.

Maybe, but we'll have to see if running the bases affects Holland at all. If he cruises through the 7th, then yes, I am ready to say this game, series, and season is ovah

Viva Medias B's
10-27-2011, 11:08 PM
In perhaps his final Cardinal AB, Albert Pujols grounds out.

guillensdisciple
10-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Getting ready to see phat Albert in a Giants uniform next season.

Zakath
10-27-2011, 11:15 PM

Outside of his monster performance in Game 3, Pujols is 0-for-16 in the Series with 4 BB and 2 Ks.

Zakath
10-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Rangers keep finding ways to let the Cardinals hang around...

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:20 PM
At least they have room for error.

Zakath
10-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Holland out, Adams in.

doublem23
10-27-2011, 11:24 PM

Well, I mean, it is the World Series

SOXPHILE
10-27-2011, 11:24 PM

I actually think he's going to re-sign with the Cardinals. Fielder is the one I'm not too sure will be back with the Brewers.

LongLiveFisk
10-27-2011, 11:25 PM
Getting ready to see phat Albert in a Giants uniform next season.

What? I thought he was going to the Cubs. :redneck

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:26 PM
What was a one-pitch outing for Adams just turned into a pressure situation.

Zakath
10-27-2011, 11:27 PM
What was a one-pitch outing for Adams just turned into a pressure situation.

Thanks to Andrus.

Bags full now.

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:28 PM
If Furcal comes through here, destiny just might be on the Cardinals' side.

Or not. Grounded weakly back to Adams.

Zakath
10-27-2011, 11:30 PM
So much for destiny. Pretty weak from Furcal.

Viva Medias B's
The 8th inning assures that Pujols will get another AB in the 9th.

Rocky Soprano
If Furcal comes through here, destiny just might be on the Cardinals' side.

Swinging at the first pitch, love it!

guillensdisciple
10-27-2011, 11:31 PM
What? I thought he was going to the Cubs. :redneck

Nah, he doesn't buy into the Theo hype.

sox1970
Sloppy game. Hope the Rangers close this out, but nothing would surprise me.

Hendu
Furcal's been terrible at the plate. I was hoping to watch a game 7 tomorrow night, but looks light that's not going to happen.

Zakath
10-27-2011, 11:32 PM
The 8th inning assures that Pujols will get another AB in the 9th.

Well, he can't be the last out, at least at the plate. That would be a rather ignominious way to end his Redbird career (maybe).

guillensdisciple
10-27-2011, 11:42 PM
HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

i love how the Cubs are 103 on that list and the Indians are chilling at a measley 60.

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Haha, the immortal Ryan Theriot strikes out on a high fastball.

DSpivack
10-27-2011, 11:44 PM
HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHA

i love how the Cubs are 103 on that list and the Indians are chilling at a measley 60.

Indians last won in 1948, that should have read 63.

doublem23
Now, if the Cardinals come back and win this and force a Game 7... Does Ozzie quit on ESPN and take a better offer to do analysis at MLB Network or something?

guillensdisciple
Haha, the immortal Ryan Theriot strikes out on a high fastball.

All Cubs jokes aside, I actually think he's pretty good.

SOXPHILE
I think it's actually possible for the pitcher's spot to come up this inning with the game on the line. The bases would be loaded with two out, and the Cardinals trailing by one.

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:46 PM
One swing can send it to a seventh game. Craig is capable.

Viva Medias B's
10-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I think it's actually possible for the pitcher's spot to come up this inning with the game on the line. The bases would be loaded with two out, and the Cardinals trailing by one.

And the Cardinal bench is empty.

thomas35forever
Ball 6.

guillensdisciple
Feliz is messing around way too much.

Send the heat.

SOXPHILE
10-27-2011, 11:48 PM

Exactly. I think Tony might have messed up again.

doublem23
10-27-2011, 11:49 PM

http://www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/larussa-game5-worldseries.gif

thomas35forever
10-27-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.fangraphs.com/not/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/larussa-game5-worldseries.gif
Ha. Well played.

guillensdisciple
Craig is the crucial out. get him out and that's ballgame. He wants MVP.

DSpivack
Wow, how do you not swing?

doublem23
10-27-2011, 11:51 PM

Frozen by a ball that may as well have been put on a tee.

soxnut1018
10-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Down to their last bullet.

Viva Medias B's
WhoA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hendu
holy crap!

DirtySox

Was looking fastball the entire at bat. Was shocked by a rolling slider.

guillensdisciple
Wow...

doublem23
Holy ****

DSpivack
Wow!

I thought Cruz had a chance at that.

LongLiveFisk
OMG, Rangers that is ****ed up!

manders_01
Well, I honestly didn't expect that to happen!

soxnut1018
10-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I love baseball.

thomas35forever
Wow. Craig was just let off the hook big time.

DirtySox
Wow!

Cruz didn't play that very well. At all.

Viva Medias B's
C'mon, Yadie!!!

SOXPHILE
Holy........!!!!

Brian26
Unbelievable!

guillensdisciple
Horrible outfielding by Cruz.

Hendu
10-27-2011, 11:55 PM
I thought Cruz had that all the way but he slowed up because he wasn't sure how close he was to the wall.