PDA

View Full Version : 2011 TEXAS RANGERS - Back to Back AL Champions

Fenway
10-15-2011, 11:42 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2008/10/22/AmericanLeague460.jpg

:clap:

Fenway
10-15-2011, 11:54 PM
The generic MLB hats get worse every year :angry:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-11367525dt.jpg

GoGoCrede
10-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Yay for the Rangers. Gross hat, ugh.

Fenway
10-15-2011, 11:56 PM
shirt is ok

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-11345546dt.jpg

GoGoCrede
10-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Shirt's better, though it kind of gives me Ed Hardy vibes.

Fenway
10-16-2011, 12:03 AM
I was in Arlington for Opening Day ( Boston was there )

You could tell the Rangers were upset that everybody said they were a fluke, that Boston or the Yankees would win in 2011.

So how did that work out?

Whitesox029
10-16-2011, 12:05 AM
shirt is ok

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-11345546dt.jpg
I wonder if the Cardinals/Brewers ones are exactly the same only without the "Back to Back", or if they're a totally different design.

Brian26
10-16-2011, 12:26 AM
I wonder if the Cardinals/Brewers ones are exactly the same only without the "Back to Back", or if they're a totally different design.

Same, just as the Division Champ shirts all had the same general design with the logo or capital letter on the left side.

Hendu
10-16-2011, 10:07 AM
I was in Arlington for Opening Day ( Boston was there )

You could tell the Rangers were upset that everybody said they were a fluke, that Boston or the Yankees would win in 2011.

So how did that work out?

Imagine the shock in NY if the Rangers also steal CC Sabathia away this off-season. With the lack of pitching on the market, CC is probably going to opt out of his contract and see how much more he can get. And the Rangers have a lot of money to spend.

Wonder if Cliff Lee is kicking himself now for also thinking the Rangers were a fluke.

tsoxman
10-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Imagine the shock in NY if the Rangers also steal CC Sabathia away this off-season. With the lack of pitching on the market, CC is probably going to opt out of his contract and see how much more he can get. And the Rangers have a lot of money to spend.

Wonder if Cliff Lee is kicking himself now for also thinking the Rangers were a fluke.
Here is where the 'fantasy league' mentality of some fans and GMs kicks into high gear...You cannot assume that CC's prior recored will have any bearing on what he does in the future (See Jake Peavy). Frankly, he did not impress me at all this post season and the innings that he has thrown in his career have to be taking a toll. If someone like Texas wants to over pay him a boat load of money and I am the Yankeees, I am ecstatic. Texas has a LOT of money to spend. I have seen a lot of decent GMs in recent years get totally stupid when the purse strings are opened (Epstein, Williams, Manya, Hendry). It will be interesting to see how the Rangers and Jon Daniels play this out going forward. Don't forget their ace, C.J. Wilson, is a free agent after this season.

Hendu
10-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Here is where the 'fantasy league' mentality of some fans and GMs kicks into high gear...You cannot assume that CC's prior recored will have any bearing on what he does in the future (See Jake Peavy). Frankly, he did not impress me at all this post season and the innings that he has thrown in his career have to be taking a toll. If someone like Texas wants to over pay him a boat load of money and I am the Yankeees, I am ecstatic. Texas has a LOT of money to spend. I have seen a lot of decent GMs in recent years get totally stupid when the purse strings are opened (Epstein, Williams, Manya, Hendry). It will be interesting to see how the Rangers and Jon Daniels play this out going forward. Don't forget their ace, C.J. Wilson, is a free agent after this season.

Probably what happens is CC opts out and the Yankees up his salary (like they did with A-Rod). Yeah, he's thrown a lot of innings and he's 31...but he's durable and has gotten better in each of his seasons in NY. Plus there's nothing on the market to replace him with, and given the Yankees already iffy rotation, they almost have to make sure he stays in pinstripes. Regardless, the Rangers are going to be major buyers this off-season. They're the team to beat over the next few years, not the Yankees or Boston.

Lip Man 1
10-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Frankly anything looks better than "Red Sox (or) Yankees back to back champions" in my book.

Lip

happydude
10-16-2011, 01:00 PM

Talk about guys that can't pitch in the playoffs; he's the one Texas fans should be worried about overpaying at this point. He needs a big turnaround in the Series if he wants that 100 million dollar deal people have been suggesting he could get..

tsoxman
10-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Probably what happens is CC opts out and the Yankees up his salary (like they did with A-Rod). Yeah, he's thrown a lot of innings and he's 31...but he's durable and has gotten better in each of his seasons in NY. Plus there's nothing on the market to replace him with, and given the Yankees already iffy rotation, they almost have to make sure he stays in pinstripes. Regardless, the Rangers are going to be major buyers this off-season. They're the team to beat over the next few years, not the Yankees or Boston.
That's my point> Just because someone is duarable in their 20s has no bearing on how he will hold up 5 years later. Even though there is nothing in terms of starting pitching on the market now, throwing stupid money at CC in the off season, I believe, will haunt the Yankees later. You are right, though, the Yankees are likely stuck and have to pay the price. Hear's a thought....CC bolts the Yankees who then have overpay us to get Johnny Danks!

Does this type of dilemma not underscore the importance of solid player development within your own organization? It's a lesson unfortunately that will will learn the hard way over the next few years.

bigsoxfan420
10-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Outside of Austin, Texas stinks. Go National League.

GoGoCrede
10-16-2011, 04:17 PM

No love for Dallas or San Antonio, really?

Zakath
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Should Milwaukee make the World Series, it would be the first time since 1980 (Phillies vs. Royals) that two teams will meet in the Series that had never won the Series before. Prior to that, you had to go back to 1920 (Indians vs. Robins [today's Dodgers]) to find that situation.

And, should Milwaukee make it, they will also be the first team in the modern era to represent two different leagues in the World Series. The Cardinals (as the Browns, managed by Charlie Comiskey) and the Dodgers (as the Brooklyn Bridegrooms) both represented the old American Association in the World Series in the 1880's before jumping to the NL in 1892 when the AA folded.

PeteWard
10-17-2011, 07:23 AM

Big Bend is great, too. Never been to San Antone. But Houston and Dallas are two of the worst cities in the country.

guillensdisciple
10-17-2011, 11:03 AM
No love for Dallas or San Antonio, really?

You know I love San Antonio, but besides the point. Actually have a comment regarding San Antonio and its lack of major sports team.

For a city ranked seventh in America in regards to population, you would think San Antonio would have more than just an NBA team to head its professional sports. Since I will move there I am hoping a baseball team gets moved over there. Maybe the Rays or Dodgers- it would be nice, because San Antonio does have a good amount of baseball fans. Or at least from what I have seen in their very strong youth baseball system.

I will always have the Sox as my number one team, but I told myself that I would be a season ticket holder for baseball at one point of my life so it would be nice if San Antonio got it.

GoGoCrede
10-17-2011, 11:18 AM
You know I love San Antonio, but besides the point. Actually have a comment regarding San Antonio and its lack of major sports team.

For a city ranked seventh in America in regards to population, you would think San Antonio would have more than just an NBA team to head its professional sports. Since I will move there I am hoping a baseball team gets moved over there. Maybe the Rays or Dodgers- it would be nice, because San Antonio does have a good amount of baseball fans. Or at least from what I have seen in their very strong youth baseball system.

I will always have the Sox as my number one team, but I told myself that I would be a season ticket holder for baseball at one point of my life so it would be nice if San Antonio got it.

It WOULD be nice, but there's no way I'm sitting outside in July watching a baseball game when it's over 100 degrees. Still love San Antonio too, and I might move there also.

tstrike2000
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Best of luck to them and I hope they win they win the World Series this time. Cardinals have been hot, but this is their third WS in 7 years. I wish it was somebody else in there.

Saracen
10-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Please.

As to CC - no doubt the Rangers will let CJ go. He's not popular in the clubhouse and is a bit of a jackass. I expect them to make a run at CC to fill the void.

kaufsox
10-17-2011, 11:31 AM
wait, a team can win back to back pennants? who knew?

Next thing you'll tell me is other teams can make the playoffs in consecutive years. Crazy talk!

guillensdisciple
10-17-2011, 11:31 AM
It WOULD be nice, but there's no way I'm sitting outside in July watching a baseball game when it's over 100 degrees. Still love San Antonio too, and I might move there also.

LOL in that regard San Antonio is freaking crazy. When I went there to visit I heard there was a crazy two month or three month drought with no rain and over 100 degrees almost every day.

I love hot weather so that won't deter me. If you join me we can be White Sox fans- San Antonio chapter.

GoGoCrede
10-17-2011, 11:39 AM
LOL in that regard San Antonio is freaking crazy. When I went there to visit I heard there was a crazy two month or three month drought with no rain and over 100 degrees almost every day.

I love hot weather so that won't deter me. If you join me we can be White Sox fans- San Antonio chapter.

Sure, sounds fun! :bandance:but I'm going to have to wear all-white Sox stuff, otherwise I'll melt.

Very happy for the Rangers, saw lots of Rangers gear when I was in Texas last week. It's true that football is king there, but the Rangers' success has helped people take notice of them more.

asindc
10-17-2011, 11:58 AM

He said that?