PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from Robin Ventura

palehosepub
10-11-2011, 04:36 PM
OK it was a recorded call but it supposedly went out to all season ticket holders to hear Robin discuss his vision for the White Sox on a conference call tomorrow at noon. Sounds like it may be intereactive, I assume the audience can punch a key to get in a queue to ask Robin a question or make a comment? Anyone else get this call?

Milw
10-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I got the voicemail. He left the dial-in info, including password. Very interesting. I'd post it on here but I'm not sure how public they want this call to be...

chisoxfan83
10-11-2011, 04:47 PM
just got the call also :D:

Harry Potter
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Ha, yeah I got the voice mail too.

Nellie_Fox
10-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I got the voicemail. He left the dial-in info, including password. Very interesting. I'd post it on here but I'm not sure how public they want this call to be...Yeah, please don't. If this is something they just want to do with selected people, let's leave that up to them. If they wanted it to be for everybody, they'd put out a press release.

eriqjaffe
10-11-2011, 05:01 PM
He probably wants to know if any of the season ticket holders has any management experience.

GlassSox
10-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Yes I received the call also, it really caught me by surprise.

soxfan21
10-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I received a call as well, around 3:15 ish. Kind of cool.

Lip Man 1
10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
I hope someone will ask Robin how he is going to make this team play more fundamentally sound baseball and what the consequences will be to a player who can't do those things.

Lip

Bruizer
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I got the recorded message at about 3:40 today. It was pretty cool!

DumpJerry
10-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I got the message and email today. I can't be at my phone at Noon, but I gave the call-in information to my wife who will take lunch at noon and call in.

This is for ST holders, so the call in information is not to be public.

GoGoCrede
10-11-2011, 10:58 PM
I remember a thread a few years back when a season ticket holder told a story about when he/she was actually visited by a player, before the season ticket base was as big as it was now. The poster said the player ate all his Doritos. :redneck Anyone remember who it was?

Jerko
10-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I remember a thread a few years back when a season ticket holder told a story about when he/she was actually visited by a player, before the season ticket base was as big as it was now. The poster said the player ate all his Doritos. :redneck Anyone remember who it was?

I remember Jim Parque personally calling people and a fan didn't know who he was. :o:

Rohan
10-12-2011, 12:56 AM
I remember Jim Parque personally calling people and a fan didn't know who he was. :o:

:rolling:

"Why does everyone want to talk about the ****ing walks!"

dakuda
10-12-2011, 12:57 AM
I have not had season tickets for 3 years, and got the call. The recording mentioned "season ticket holders and special [customers]". I am not sure what came after special, but I guess I qualify.

I didn't listen to the whole thing (bad timing on my side of the call). No big deal, since if it is tomorrow I don't have time at noon to join in anyway.

CWSpalehoseCWS
10-12-2011, 05:05 AM
I have not had season tickets for 3 years, and got the call. The recording mentioned "season ticket holders and special [customers]". I am not sure what came after special, but I guess I qualify.

I didn't listen to the whole thing (bad timing on my side of the call). No big deal, since if it is tomorrow I don't have time at noon to join in anyway.

I've had the 13 (Ozzie) Plan since 2006 or 2007, and I got the call too. Guess I'm special. :bandance:

DumpJerry
10-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Group leaders also got the call.

Milw
10-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, this is "exclusive" in the loosest sense of the term. But still a nice gesture by the Sox.

Bruizer
10-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Online now! so cool! :cool:

GlassSox
10-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Online now! so cool! :cool:

Yes that was pretty interesting and a nice gesture. Very nice to listen to especially without cussing.

Did anyone get to ask a question?

ChiSoxGal85
10-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Did Robin say anything different or interesting (that hasn't been discussed in the media up to now)?

GlassSox
10-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Did Robin say anything different or interesting (that hasn't been discussed in the media up to now)?

Not in my opinion but it was a nice experience. He was very well spoken and of course was politically correct with his answers.

Several questions relating to spring training/fundamentals and he kind of said that they will be prepared for the start of the season.

One question about charging the mound and if he will be able to handle the younger players. He said yes.

A question about getting Thome to help Dunn and he said we don't know if Thome is done playing or not.

Question about hustle and a certain center fielder. He explained that he believes in hustle.

I must say that for me it was a fun experience.

CWSpalehoseCWS
10-12-2011, 03:06 PM
I really liked the question about our certain CF and how important hustle is to RV. That's what I was planning on asking about if I ever got a chance to. He pretty much said that while he is a nice guy, he's had his moments throughout his career of being not so nice, so being able to lay down the law will not be a problem. He also said that his players are going to know what to expect. Should be good. I think one of the worst problems the Sox last year was how dead half the team looked by August.

DumpJerry
10-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I wasn't able to participate, but I loved it this morning on Mulley and Hanley when they asked him if his daughters had twitter accounts and pointed out that his son is only 13 years old and cannot be eligible for the draft for several years. That got a good laugh from Ventura.

Brian26
10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Did anyone get to ask a question?

I was the first caller.

dickallen15
10-12-2011, 08:27 PM
I really liked the question about our certain CF and how important hustle is to RV. That's what I was planning on asking about if I ever got a chance to. He pretty much said that while he is a nice guy, he's had his moments throughout his career of being not so nice, so being able to lay down the law will not be a problem. He also said that his players are going to know what to expect. Should be good. I think one of the worst problems the Sox last year was how dead half the team looked by August.
I remember when he once put the Big Hurt in his place when Frank's head was swelling a bit. He's not going to have a problem with discipline, and its not like the last manager did much about it.

GlassSox
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I was the first caller.

Good job.

Brian26
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Good job.

My question was regarding his favorite memory of being with the White Sox. I asked him if it was the 7-31-91 grandslam, and he said that was it with maybe the '93 clincher up there too.

GlassSox
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
My question was regarding his favorite memory of being with the White Sox. I asked him if it was the 7-31-91 grandslam, and he said that was it with maybe the '93 clincher up there too.

Excellent, I remembered your question and his answer. :cool:

Lip Man 1
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
"I remember when he once put the Big Hurt in his place when Frank's head was swelling a bit. He's not going to have a problem with discipline, and its not like the last manager did much about it."

I remember that incident myself. If memory serves Frank started to get into it in the Sox dugout with the umpires. Robin started pushing him down the dugout to get him out of range of the umps so they wouldn't be able to hear when Frank was saying to them, Frank didn't like being pushed and started pushing back at Robin. Some other players stepped in to make sure things didn't escalate.

Lip

BainesHOF
10-13-2011, 05:12 AM
I hope someone will ask Robin how he is going to make this team play more fundamentally sound baseball and what the consequences will be to a player who can't do those things.

Lip

Consequences are key.