PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Bat Control...

Lip Man 1
10-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Jerry Koosman sent me this tonight. I hope I copied and pasted it properly:

(Edit)

Guess I didn't... sorry.

This guy set up four pitch back devices around the infield, hit a ball and started a continuous chain reaction as the ball kept moving from pitch back to pitch back to him over and over, then he put a second ball in play.

It was wild.

Sorry I couldn't paste the link properly.

Lip

Nellie_Fox
10-11-2011, 12:10 AM
I've seen that video, and I don't believe it's real. That's the reality of computer editing of video today; anytime I see anything amazing, I just assume it's faked.

Okay, I found it. I'm more convinced than ever that it's as faked as those miraculous basketball shot videos.

W8SK0rk5jdE

LITTLE NELL
10-11-2011, 05:17 AM
I've seen that video, and I don't believe it's real. That's the reality of computer editing of video today; anytime I see anything amazing, I just assume it's faked.

Okay, I found it. I'm more convinced than ever that it's as faked as those miraculous basketball shot videos.

W8SK0rk5jdE

I also think its a hoax just like that ball girl climbing the fence to make a catch a couple of years ago.

soxfanatlanta
10-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Who would think this is real?

skobabe8
10-11-2011, 08:07 AM
Visually, it looks pretty real. But the acting (especially the comments from the camera guy) is terrible.

Lip Man 1
10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Nellie:

It's very very difficult to make the number of edits needed to make this flow as smoothly as it does. I don't know if it's real or not but even if it is just an edit job that's amazing in itself.

Oh and as far as those basketball shots, if the camera keeps the basketball goal in the shot completely and it doesn't disappear...the shot is real.

Lip

g0g0
10-11-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm calling fake. Especially when you are watching the guy hit and he isn't even swinging close to before. How are you going to get it to the same spot with so many different swings? :scratch:

Nellie_Fox
10-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Nellie:

It's very very difficult to make the number of edits needed to make this flow as smoothly as it does. I don't know if it's real or not but even if it is just an edit job that's amazing in itself.

Oh and as far as those basketball shots, if the camera keeps the basketball goal in the shot completely and it doesn't disappear...the shot is real.

LipI don't think it's necessarily edited. I don't think there's a ball involved at all, just a guy swinging and the ball put in later via CGI.

Noneck
10-11-2011, 02:22 PM
No movie, commercials and nothing on the net impresses me anymore. The computer age has totally tainted of what is real in these old goats eyes.