PDA

View Full Version : Who else is scared?

balboner
07-15-2002, 08:42 PM
With the Sox likely to make a few trades in the next week or so, does anyone have confidence that Lenny will make a solid trade? I laughed when I saw the report of the Sox getting Furcal. With Lenny's history, are we going to see more trades like the Baldwin one last year that got us nothing. I think so.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by balboner
With the Sox likely to make a few trades in the next week or so, does anyone have confidence that Lenny will make a solid trade? I laughed when I saw the report of the Sox getting Furcal. With Lenny's history, are we going to see more trades like the Baldwin one last year that got us nothing. I think so.

I'm with ya there pal. Something tells me that this ass-clown is going to trade Durham & possibly someone else for nothing or next to it. SIGH. Being a Sox fan has its burdens I guess.

FanOf14
07-15-2002, 08:55 PM
I think we are guaranteed to get screwed by 7/31. Lenny has no clue when it comes to making trades and couple that with his statement that none of the players are safe...we are so screwed and won't even get a kiss afterwards.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-15-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
I think we are guaranteed to get screwed by 7/31. Lenny has no clue when it comes to making trades and couple that with his statement that none of the players are safe...we are so screwed and won't even get a kiss afterwards.

You think the other GM's will bother to use lube when they ram KW from behind?

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Something tells me that this ass-clown is going to trade Durham & possibly someone else for nothing or next to it.

And that's what Ray is worth right now.

There are no contenders everybody. The season is over come September, so why in the blue hell would someone trade anything for Ray?

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:11 PM
what i found comical is all the sports mags are saying that there are teams out there who is trying to get in position to win. but my question is win what? the strike is going to happen.

i see why the expos trying to put a team together, b/c of moving to a new city and need to put butts in the seat. the only way to do that is to have a credible team.

raul12
07-15-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

There are no contenders everybody. The season is over come September, so why in the blue hell would someone trade anything for Ray?

amen. i think that's hard for people to grasp. they look at what the yankees and the expos are doing, and think everyone is going to do it. this season will end just about as wonderful as the all-star game. a couple of teams will get asteriks by their names, but no one will care. it will be the day that baseball died as we know it, which could be a good thing or a very very bad thing.

Daver
07-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
what i found comical is all the sports mags are saying that there are teams out there who is trying to get in position to win. but my question is win what? the strike is going to happen.

i see why the expos trying to put a team together, b/c of moving to a new city and need to put butts in the seat. the only way to do that is to have a credible team.

No the Expos are trading away every asset they have to increase the value of the franchise,so that when the MLB sells the team they can turn a profit,and the new owner gets an expensive franchise with no warranty so to speak.

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by daver

No the Expos are trading away every asset they have to increase the value of the franchise,so that when the MLB sells the team they can turn a profit,and the new owner gets an expensive franchise with no warranty so to speak. but isn't it possible that when they go to a new city. it will be easier to put fans in the seat, by having a team that is capable of competing?

Daver
07-15-2002, 09:31 PM
but isn't it possible that when they go to a new city. it will be easier to put fans in the seat, by having a team that is capable of competing?

Initially yes,but they have a lot of players on the downside of their careers,and with the moves they have made latley their is no one to replace them,they have sold the farm.

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:35 PM

Initially yes,but they have a lot of players on the downside of their careers,and with the moves they have made latley their is no one to replace them,they have sold the farm.

true, if they still had the same concept in management. but my thinking is that they may rely on the fa route until they can rebuild the system, and that will come with new owners.

that is my opinion.

RedPinStripes
07-15-2002, 09:37 PM

Ask king george. He loaded up more then ever before. Wonder what the hell he's thinking? Unless he knows something we don't? :?:

Daver
07-15-2002, 09:40 PM

true, if they still had the same concept in management. but my thinking is that they may rely on the fa route until they can rebuild the system, and that will come with new owners.

that is my opinion.

They are still destined to be horrible in the future without a Steinbrennar type owner.

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:42 PM
trading deadline is july 31, when is the strike deadline?

there been reports in mlb or cnn or msn or somewhere that b/c of 9/11 the strike may be canceled till next yr. it will make the players look more guilty than the owners. but i thought that might be someone BS ideas.

i honestly think it was yesterday on the speak up show on msn.

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Ask king george. He loaded up more then ever before. Wonder what the hell he's thinking? Unless he knows something we don't? :?:

He's got Weaver for a few more years, so he's already setting up for next year.

I don't think Raul is a free agent but I maybe wrong.

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:43 PM

They are still destined to be horrible in the future without a Steinbrennar type owner.

yup you are right, and maybe that is what they are hoping for. where is the talk of them going, DC.

Daver
07-15-2002, 09:48 PM
trading deadline is july 31, when is the strike deadline?

there been reports in mlb or cnn or msn or somewhere that b/c of 9/11 the strike may be canceled till next yr. it will make the players look more guilty than the owners. but i thought that might be someone BS ideas.

i honestly think it was yesterday on the speak up show on msn.

Bud and the owners are doing everythin in their power to put the blame on the players,the strike will happen at the end of August.

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:51 PM

Bud and the owners are doing everythin in their power to put the blame on the players,the strike will happen at the end of August.

by that, teams have to go on the assumption that there might be a deal and the post season will happen.

that put things in another spectrum, kw has to make trades to improve and maybe other teams are going on that assumption as well.

Daver
07-15-2002, 09:53 PM

by that, teams have to go on the assumption that there might be a deal and the post season will happen.

that put things in another spectrum, kw has to make trades to improve and maybe other teams are going on that assumption as well.

No management will wait and see what the new CBA brings.

LongDistanceFan
07-15-2002, 09:55 PM

No management will wait and see what the new CBA brings. i think i didn't explain this right.

i meant that management have to chase the possibility of no strike and they have to improve the team. regardless of which CBA is in.

ChiSoxBobette
07-15-2002, 09:58 PM
No I'd say its more than likely k.w. will trade for some guy who is great but who also has the same last name as some utility player who's been in the minors forever guess who we get. :?: :?: :?:

oldcomiskey
07-15-2002, 10:40 PM
the reason we got nothing for Baldwin was because you have to trade talent to get talent

TheBigHurt
07-16-2002, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
the reason we got nothing for Baldwin was because you have to trade talent to get talent
goo point!!!!! :smile:

Paulwny
07-16-2002, 06:29 AM

I don't think Raul is a free agent but I maybe wrong.

I pretty sure Mondesi is signed for 2 more yrs, with the Jays paying 1/2 his salary.