PDA

View Full Version : Strange Observation

RKMeibalane
07-15-2002, 07:05 PM
I was thinking about possible changes to the Sox coaching staff when I realized something... odd. It seems that a lot of the coaches currently on the staff of the White Sox have first names that end in "i" or "y."

Jerry Manuel
Nardi Contreras
Joe(y) Nossik
Gary Ward
Gary Pettis

In the front office, we have Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf.

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I was thinking about possible changes to the Sox coaching staff when I realized something... odd. It seems that a lot of the coaches currently on the staff of the White Sox have first names that end in "i" or "y."

Jerry Manuel
Nardi Contreras
Joe(y) Nossik
Gary Ward
Gary Pettis

In the front office, we have Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf.

But you forgot

Roycey Clayton
Franky Thomas
Toddy Ritchie

:)

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
What about Cali?

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
What about Cali?

Well I don't actually play for the team, but you to as well Jerry_Manuel (not Jerry Manuel)

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-15-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

But you forgot

Roycey Clayton
Franky Thomas
Toddy Ritchie

sandy
kenny lofton
ray

man this is dumb

Soxheads
07-15-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan

sandy
kenny lofton
ray

man this is dumb

Don't forget about headsy.

On a completely different side note, how soon do you think it will be til this season will official be declared over from a fan's point of view? Aside from those of us, of course, whose season is already over.

RKMeibalane
07-15-2002, 10:11 PM
September 20.

guillen4life13
07-15-2002, 10:30 PM
no offense rkmeibalane, but doesn't this sorta belong in the parking lot? this doesn't have much to do with the actual game.

kermittheefrog
07-15-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
no offense rkmeibalane, but doesn't this sorta belong in the parking lot? this doesn't have much to do with the actual game.

guillen4life? nah... GUILLEN 4 MOD!!!

kidding.

Anyway. I like this actually, if we just cleaned house of everyone whose name ends in a vowel sound we'd be set.

Oh crap, what about Magglio...

Fine then, just coaching staff ending in vowel sounds. Sandy, Ray and Kenny are in their walk years anyway. Although I wouldn't mind keeping Ray around.