PDA

View Full Version : I am Loving the 2011 MLB Post Season

TomBradley72
10-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Is anyone else getting an extra kick from this year's post season?

Outside of 2005- this is the most interesting and entertaining post season I can remember-

Great idea for MLB to move the final day of the regular season from Sunday to Wednesday- that epic Wednesday night with the Rays and Cards getting in and the Red Sox and Braves being eliminated would have been totally different if it was a Sunday afternoon buried behind the NFL.
I like the tighter schedule where there's at least 1 game every day- including only one day between Division series and LCS.
I like the Division series starting on a Saturday vs. Tuesday- gives you a weekend to get connected to each series, the teams, etc.
The games themselves- just great, fun, classic, interesting baseball- two series go down to the wire with 1 run games in Game 5, another game 5 in Yanks/Tigers series.

Hope it keeps up for the LCS series-

DumpJerry
10-08-2011, 09:20 AM
:tool
Thank you for your support. This is why I want 28 teams in the playoffs.

CLUBHOUSE KID
10-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I am also guessing people love that the Yankees are out, which I hate because I like them. The NLCS I like more than the ALCS. Rangers bore me and Detroit hurt me but I have a friend who loves the Tigers.

MARTINMVP
10-08-2011, 10:55 AM
This is an exciting post season, and even though I originally was cool to the idea of seeing the Yankees and Phillies go at it again in the World Series, I am very happy with out things have worked out.

If Detroit takes out the Rangers, we will have an all Midwest World Series. The people at FOX have to be fuming, along with everyone else on the almighty East Coast. :D:

I'm also adopting the Milwaukee Brewers for this October.

TommyJohn
10-08-2011, 11:00 AM
If Detroit takes out the Rangers, we will have an all Midwest World Series. The people at FOX have to be fuming, along with everyone else on the almighty East Coast. :D:

aaaaaannnndddd...Cue the annual sportswriter and blogger bellyaching about how they "don't care" about the postseason and how there is "no drama left." (Which are usually code phrases for The Yankees and Red Sox aren't in it, therefore it's no longer worth watching)

Lip Man 1
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Anytime the Yankees and Red Sox aren't in the ALCS , it's a good thing...now if only there was someway to keep them out of the postseason all together. (I know...don't hold my breath.)

Lip

cub killer
10-08-2011, 01:44 PM
This is just the shot in the arm that our National Pastime needs. In a day where the gridiron rules over the diamond, we need all we can get to stay relevant.

:gulp: Here's to our sport. May it thrive and capture the hearts of millions who disregarded it because it's not "cool" or doesn't have bonecrushing hits and tackles. If the game can reach out to the kids who've never seen a World Series not broadcasted by Fox, a 2-division system, or the real Comiskey Park, then progress is being made.

Foulke You
10-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Is anyone else getting an extra kick from this year's post season?

Outside of 2005- this is the most interesting and entertaining post season I can remember-

Great idea for MLB to move the final day of the regular season from Sunday to Wednesday- that epic Wednesday night with the Rays and Cards getting in and the Red Sox and Braves being eliminated would have been totally different if it was a Sunday afternoon buried behind the NFL.
I like the tighter schedule where there's at least 1 game every day- including only one day between Division series and LCS.
I like the Division series starting on a Saturday vs. Tuesday- gives you a weekend to get connected to each series, the teams, etc.
The games themselves- just great, fun, classic, interesting baseball- two series go down to the wire with 1 run games in Game 5, another game 5 in Yanks/Tigers series.

Hope it keeps up for the LCS series-
I agree. It also helps that almost all the games were tight 1 run games that went down to the wire. I've found myself getting sucked into more of the ALDS and even NLDS games than last year because they have been entertaining ballgames.

GlassSox
10-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm enjoying the post season too. I am really looking forward to the Cards / Brewers series.

Red Barchetta
10-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I am enjoying it as well and I really enjoyed the dramatic Rays win to seal the AL Wild Card the final game of the regular season. It was great watching the Boston announcers in shock! :D:

Hoping for a Brewers-Tigers WS!

DumpJerry
10-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I just want the Tigers to win the World Series. That way I can sell two otherwise too-cold-for-baseball games in April for a nice profit.

Moses_Scurry
10-08-2011, 07:08 PM
This has been a great postseason! I'm playing with house money now. Any team can win it, and I'll be happy for them. I have the Cardinals 4th on my preference list, just because they won one pretty recently. I have a soft spot for teams that have never won it all. Go Brewers!

ChiSoxGirl
10-08-2011, 07:12 PM
I've been really enjoying the playoffs, too! I bet FOX is stroking out with a foursome of Milwaukee, St. Louis, Detroit and Texas being all that's left. Whatever will they do without their precious Yankees, Red Sox or Phillies in the LCS and World Series? This year's playoffs feature four teams from the heartland and it's just what the game needs.