PDA

View Full Version : Gary Ward must go

balboner
07-15-2002, 08:02 PM
Please get rid of this guy before he screws up more players. Did anyone see Mags' swing tonight? Just horrible. Ward hasnt helped Thomas at all this year. At least Nardi can say that Garland has improved w/his help. We need to fire our entire staff, and have Harold Reynolds be our new manager!

Daver
07-15-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by balboner
Please get rid of this guy before he screws up more players. Did anyone see Mags' swing tonight? Just horrible. Ward hasnt helped Thomas at all this year. At least Nardi can say that Garland has improved w/his help. We need to fire our entire staff, and have Harold Reynolds be our new manager!

Harold Reynolds?

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by daver
Harold Reynolds?

I was thinking you were going to jump on the Nardi helping Jon comment.

Nardi isn't helping anyone on this team.

Chisox_cali
07-15-2002, 08:10 PM
This may just be me, but doesn't Maggs' left leg look a little bit more bent than it did earlier in the year? I remember his left leg being almost Straight when he was in his batting stance earlier in the year.

Daver
07-15-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I was thinking you were going to jump on the Nardi helping Jon comment.

Nardi isn't helping anyone on this team.

Nardi does a fine job of helping the competition......

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by daver
Nardi does a fine job of helping the competition

That's the only thing he does well.

As for Harold, we've seen enough ESPN managers.

RKMeibalane
07-15-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
This may just be me, but doesn't Maggs' left leg look a little bit more bent than it did earlier in the year? I remember his left leg being almost Straight when he was in his batting stance earlier in the year.

I've noticed that, too. IIRC, he got into the habit of doing that after he injured his back against the Angles. His stance is not as upright as it has been the past. I think this change has effected his timing and mechanics at the plate, but he has been extremely inconsistent this season, especially since the back injury. This is more proof that Ward should be fired. I was looking at his biography earlier, and he doesn't have that much experience working with hitters. The White Sox are his first Major League hitting instructor position. Before that, he was working in Charlotte, and he also spent time working in the Mets organization.