PDA

View Full Version : WGN admits what we all knew!

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2001, 08:05 PM
I have the Cub game on with the sound down ofcourse because of Chimp and Joe Carter. They hype up the game by saying it's the Cubs and the Rockies next on WGN. But the closed captioning said "It's the the Scubs and the Rockies" yeah I know it isn't scrubs but it's close enough in my book!

:chimp
Laser beam!

Daver
08-07-2001, 08:23 PM
I think they just forgot the R.

Bmr31
08-07-2001, 08:39 PM
Why cant the cub brass see this guy should be fired. Hes AWFUL.

Jerry_Manuel
08-07-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Why cant the cub brass see this guy should be fired. Hes AWFUL.

Because then they have to eat the contracts the Tribune company doesn't piss away money.

Rocket shot!

KingXerxes
08-07-2001, 11:34 PM

"So here's tonight's final totals....for Chicago Five Runs on Eleven Hit with No Errors....Twenty Six Rocket Shots....Twelve Game Saving Catches...Thirteen Huges Pitches...and Seven Acts of Complete Highway Robbery.

For Colorado...Four Runs..Eights Hits..One Big Error....Nineteen Laser Beams.....Four Unbelievable Leaping Catches......and Six cannon Blasts.....

You'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever see another one like this folks.....I mean ever."

HOW CAN THIS GUY BE EMPLOYED?

Bmr31
08-07-2001, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes

"So here's tonight's final totals....for Chicago Five Runs on Eleven Hit with No Errors....Twenty Six Rocket Shots....Twelve Game Saving Catches...Thirteen Huges Pitches...and Seven Acts of Complete Highway Robbery.

For Colorado...Four Runs..Eights Hits..One Big Error....Nineteen Laser Beams.....Four Unbelievable Leaping Catches......and Six cannon Blasts.....

You'll never ever ever ever ever ever ever see another one like this folks.....I mean ever."

HOW CAN THIS GUY BE EMPLOYED?

*****!!!!!!

Bmr31
08-07-2001, 11:45 PM
im still ****ing laughing!!!!

stosh
08-07-2001, 11:47 PM
You're right with the highway robbery. Ricky G out by a mile at home. What's this now the Flubs's 20th win by pure luck? C'mon Houston and St Louis, make a move already!! Trust me Flub luck will not hold up forever. By the way is it time to get rid of Kippy? Kid looks like a scared rabbit and pitching like it. When he was hot earlier in the year was going after people, now it's looking like he's throwing batting practice.
Flubs still blow.