PDA

View Full Version : Durham will be traded within the next 10 days.

SoxxoS
07-15-2002, 04:43 PM
According to the Sportingnews.com.

<<<The Daily Southtown reports that Durham will be traded within the next 10 days. "There's at least four-to-five teams ready and willing to make a deal for him," a source inside the organization said. "It's now a matter of what we see as the best deal and when is the best time."
Fantasy Spin: Boston, Oakland and Los Angeles are probably three of the teams. Non-mixed league owners will be interested if the Dodgers win the Durham sweepstakes. >>>>

I dont want to trade with Billy Beane or Dan Evans. He will pick KW's pocket faster than Todd Ritchie giving up a hit. So lets deal with Boston, and I have the perfect guy to deal for, Freddy Sanchez. He is currently at AA Trenton, and they just wrote an article about him a baseballamerica.com. Here are his stats-
.328, 20 doubles, 3 HR, 19 SB, 26 walks and only 58 Ks, in 311 at bats. Throw in a pitcher like Seung Song-
7-5, 4.11 ERA, 88 hits in 92 innings, and the most impressive stat-35 walks and 102 strikeouts. Looks like the perfect deal to me.

cheeses_h_rice
07-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Couldn't we just live with Graffy the rest of the year and move Harris to 2B next year? Or even Jimenez?

Tragg
07-15-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
According to the Sportingnews.com.

<<<The Daily Southtown reports that Durham will be traded within the next 10 days. "There's at least four-to-five teams ready and willing to make a deal for him," a source inside the organization said. "It's now a matter of what we see as the best deal and when is the best time.".

I say, again, that durham is real, real valuable to a contender. Extort all you can in the way of young positional talent KW.
Please, no more mediocre veterans. We have a team full of those stiffs you have brought here.

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Tragg
I say, again, that durham is real, real valuable to a contender. Extort all you can in the way of young positional talent KW.
Please, no more mediocre veterans. We have a team full of those stiffs you have brought here.

Contender for what? The World Series strike champions?

If this season was going to be played in full, then I would agree that Ray has good trade value. Since it won't be, his value isn't as high as people like to think it is.

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Couldn't we just live with Graffy the rest of the year and move Harris to 2B next year? Or even Jimenez?

I'd like to see them throw Jose at 2nd now if they don't plan on trading him. If Jimenez becomes the starter at short next year, I guess Jose would slide over to 2nd. With Harris taking center field.

WinningUgly!
07-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I'd like to see them throw Jose at 2nd now if they don't plan on trading him. If Jimenez becomes the starter at short next year, I guess Jose would slide over to 2nd. With Harris taking center field. Makes sense to me...I suggested moving Jose to 2nd base during the spring.

hold2dibber
07-15-2002, 06:41 PM
Hey, or maybe catcher! We need a catcher - Jose has a strong arm, he can play catcher! Or maybe pitcher - with the failure of Ritchie, we really could use another veteran presence on the mound. We sure as heck wouldn't want Jose to play any given position more than one year.

I'm still of the opinion that next year you put Crede at 3B, Jose at SS and let Jiminez and Hummel compete for 2B. And I would probably deal Graffy to free up the utility man role for the loser of that competition.

Daver
07-15-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Hey, or maybe catcher! We need a catcher - Jose has a strong arm, he can play catcher! Or maybe pitcher - with the failure of Ritchie, we really could use another veteran presence on the mound. We sure as heck wouldn't want Jose to play any given position more than one year.

I'm still of the opinion that next year you put Crede at 3B, Jose at SS and let Jiminez and Hummel compete for 2B. And I would probably deal Graffy to free up the utility man role for the loser of that competition.

Hummell has to play on a regular basis,he is not fit for a utility role.

hold2dibber
07-15-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by daver

Hummell has to play on a regular basis,he is not fit for a utility role.

How come?

Chisoxfn
07-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Yes, lets deal Graffy. The one guy who has actually done something right all season on this club. He is the ultimate utility man. There is nothing wrong with him and he's probably the best utility man in all the majors. No way do we move him.

Yes, we do need a shortstop. As far as Harris goes, he may end up playing centerfield and with Hummel what has he done lately to earn a call up to the majors. He's hitting horrible in AAA this season. That deal from the Red Sox sounds good to me. Then I'd package Jose to another team and try to get our catcher. Although I must say I think Paul and Mj would be an average duo that we could easily live with next year. I'd rather move Jose and maybe Liefer or whoever for a solid pitching prospect while getting a top shortstop prospect and a good pitching prospect for Ray.

Although I wish the Furcal deal was still a possibility.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-15-2002, 07:34 PM
Can't we just trade Royce instead?

Daver
07-15-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Can't we just trade Royce instead?

No one wants him.

RKMeibalane
07-15-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Although I wish the Furcal deal was still a possibility.

So do I. KW waited too long to "pull the trigger" on this deal, and the Braves decided to look elsewhere. I don't understand why Reinsdorf is willing to let Williams run this team into the ground for another season, at least.

Jerry_Manuel
07-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
So do I. KW waited too long to "pull the trigger" on this deal, and the Braves decided to look elsewhere. I don't understand why Reinsdorf is willing to let Williams run this team into the ground for another season, at least.

How do you know that?

Maybe the Braves decided to wait.

Chisoxfn
07-15-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm with Ian on that one. We don't even know if this was really much of a possibility. For all we know the Braves backed out and decided they didn't want to do the deal.

Tragg
07-16-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Contender for what? The World Series strike champions?

The season will be played and finished. Lots of yakking today, but baseball is finished as we know it with a strike and both parties realize that.

Tragg
07-16-2002, 12:34 AM
And if it isn't finished, take the draft choice instead of trading him for a 30 year old minor leagueer.

Let's not forget KW's mentor. Schueler, not the most savvy trader in the business himself.

WinningUgly!
07-16-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Chisoxfn
Yes, lets deal Graffy. The one guy who has actually done something right all season on this club. He is the ultimate utility man. There is nothing wrong with him and he's probably the best utility man in all the majors.

My vote would go to Mark McLemore.

kermittheefrog
07-16-2002, 12:56 AM
Man every 11 days they'd say Ventura was gonna get traded in the next 10 days and the man never moved. I'll believe it when I see it.