PDA

View Full Version : A match made in heaven?

kittle42
10-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Rumors that Ozzie and the Marlins are interested in the great Big Z.

http://rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3106/carlos-zambrano

DSpivack
10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
A friend who is a Marlins fan says they're after Aramis Ramirez more than Zambrano. We shall see.

pythons007
10-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Wasn't Ozzie interested in bringing Z to the southside? Aren't they also pretty close? Would the Marlins take on his contract or give up somethign for him? Isn't Aramis's contract up?

doublem23
10-03-2011, 12:39 PM
Wasn't Ozzie interested in bringing Z to the southside? Aren't they also pretty close? Would the Marlins take on his contract or give up somethign for him? Isn't Aramis's contract up?

Yeah, Ozzie and Z are supposedly pretty tight, so Florida now looks like one of the better bets for places the Cubs will be able to dump Zambrano. And yes, Aramis is an FA this off-season.

Up until this year, I thought Zambrano could turn his career around with a change of pace, something about the Cubs just got to him, I thought. But man, he pitched like a horse's ass this season. He'll turn 32 midway through the 2012 season. Maybe he's just done?

g0g0
10-03-2011, 12:46 PM
A friend who is a Marlins fan says they're after Aramis Ramirez more than Zambrano. We shall see.

Give them both in a package deal. Cubs will (continue) rebuilding next year, especially with a new GM and coach.

DSpivack
10-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Give them both in a package deal. Cubs will (continue) rebuilding next year, especially with a new GM and coach.

Zambrano has a year left on his contract, but Ramirez has only a club option with a $2 million buyout. I'm assuming the Cubs buy him out.