PDA

View Full Version : Gonzalez blames ESPN

PeteWard
09-30-2011, 06:14 AM
...for the collapse by making the Red Sox tired :whiner:

Not one of the better thought-out excuses.

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/32380946

Edit: Thread title should of course read "Gonzalez"

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-30-2011, 06:45 AM
Shut up Gonzalez, before I trade you from my fantasy team for a second-round draft pick and an MLB-ready prospect.

But seriously, GMAB. Boo hoo, Boston is popular, so we don't get a lot of Sunday afternoon games. Here's why you guys lost, Adrian: you guys had 4 excellent months bookended by two horrendous months.

The Dunn-esque April and September you guys pulled were the reason you guys are sitting at home in October, to the delight of pretty much everyone in America.

34 Inch Stick
09-30-2011, 08:10 AM
and Youklis wants to expand the playoffs

RedHeadPaleHoser
09-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Well Gonzalex better get used to being tired next year with Bud adjusting the playoffs....gotta guarantee that Red Sox Yankee exposure. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who took a sick twist in pleasure watching the Red Sox bow out this year, and would love it even more that with a playoff expansion that they don't get in again next season?

Irishsox1
09-30-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm just glad there are no Twins in the playoffs this year.

JB98
09-30-2011, 02:12 PM
I eagerly anticipate the Ken Burns documentary on how ESPN ****ed the Red Sox over.

:violin:

PeteWard
09-30-2011, 02:54 PM
I eagerly anticipate the Ken Burns documentary on how ESPN ****ed the Red Sox over.

:violin:

He actually has one coming out this week on Prohibition. Looking forward to it as it is primarily based on the excellent book "Last Call " by Daniel Okrent.

And it is already good in my book as it kept him away from making anymore baseball stuff.

pythons007
09-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I'd love a Yankees Red Sox less post season.

thomas35forever
09-30-2011, 05:24 PM
You ungrateful prick! After all that network has done to make you the most popular franchise in all of sports, you throw it right back in their faces?! How dare you bite the hand that feeds you in ways you can't even imagine! You should be sending them fruit baskets for all of their hard work that goes toward your benefit!

asindc
09-30-2011, 05:40 PM
You ungrateful prick! After all that network has done to make you the most popular franchise in all of sports, you throw it right back in their faces?! How dare you bite the hand that feeds you in ways you can't even imagine! You should be sending them fruit baskets for all of their hard work that goes toward your benefit!

Actually, that doesn't need to be in teal at all.