PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Papelbon said ...

PeteWard
09-30-2011, 02:10 AM
...after one of the biggest blown saves in baseball history, "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger". :rolleyes: It's a cliche I have always thought idiotic and so did George Carlin:

Here’s more middlebrow bull**** philosophy. “That which does not kill me makes me stronger.” I’ve got something more realistic: “That which does not kill me may sever my spinal cord, crush my rib cage, cave in my skull and leave me helpless and paralyzed, soaking in a puddle of my own waste.” :D:

Bucky F. Dent
09-30-2011, 02:25 PM
I really, really dis-like Papelbon and the whole breathe deep and scowl under the brim of your cap routine.

Just throw the ball, dumb ass!

southside rocks
09-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Well, his horrible performance in game 162 might have killed his manager's job security -- oh wait, that's not about the King of Pap, so it doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Zakath
09-30-2011, 04:51 PM
I really, really dis-like Papelbon and the whole breathe deep and scowl under the brim of your cap routine.

Just throw the ball, dumb ass!

It's about as bush league as you can get, as if you're somehow going to intimidate a guy making millions by staring at him.

I guess when you don't have anything but a fastball, you have to fall back on something.

johnnyg83
09-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Be interesting to see the FA market for Pap. Maybe a National League team might overpay (Mets?) but he has to be seen as a guy whose best days are behind him.

PeteWard
10-01-2011, 12:58 AM
It's about as bush league as you can get, as if you're somehow going to intimidate a guy making millions by staring at him.

I guess when you don't have anything but a fastball, you have to fall back on something.

His act is very bad but Valverde makes him look tame in comparison.