PDA

View Full Version : What was the lowlight of the Sox 2011 campaign?

vinny
09-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Every poll thread need an antithesis...

GoGoCrede
09-28-2011, 09:37 PM
The no-hitter.

kittle42
09-28-2011, 09:38 PM
I still think that Thornton/Pierre 9th inning in April against TB at home defined the season.

VMSNS
09-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Pinch hitting Dunn for Lillibridge against Nathan was one of them. That Thornton blown save against Oakland towards the beginning of the season was another. The Liriano no-hitter was putrid, as well.

KnightSox
09-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Pinch hitting Dunn for Lillibridge against Nathan was one of them. That Thornton blown save against Oakland towards the beginning of the season was another. The Liriano no-hitter was putrid, as well.That one has my vote.

Konerko05
09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Ozzie Guillen.

tstrike2000
09-28-2011, 09:53 PM
A tie between the Liriano no-hitter and losing 18-2 to Detroit to finish getting swept right before Labor Day. Those two games also kind of bookended the season of disappointment.

Frater Perdurabo
09-28-2011, 09:56 PM
JR rehiring Walker after KW told him to leave.

Either that, or every day Walker showed up to work.

TaylorStSox
09-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Cabrera's walk off. I turned the TV off and left the house as soon as he made contact.

Nelfox02
09-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Cabrera's walk off. I turned the TV off and left the house as soon as he made contact.

In a season full of ****ty moments, that game/miggy walk off was for me the worst as well.

Sure, even if they had won that game I was still not going to say we had a good chance to get on a roll and make a run....but that awful collapse and then the blast.......that was when there was ZERO doubt the Sox could make anything of the season

epic awful

A. Cavatica
09-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Too many to pick just one, though if there was an "oncoming train that everybody but Sox management could see" option I would have voted for that.

Aesero
09-28-2011, 10:49 PM
The whole Ozzie ordeal is the worst part of this season. Add in that the belief that he didn't seem to be managing at his fullest and may have even been trying to get fired/released makes the whole situation tougher to swallow.

Losing is one thing, but to have selfish motives affect the team is another.

asindc
09-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Adam "Mendoza Thanks Me" Dunn.

chisox12
09-29-2011, 08:02 AM
So many to pick from...

-No-hit by Liriano
-Blowing that game against Detroit the Sat of Labor Day weekend
-Following that up by getting completely embarrassed 18-2 on Sunday Night Baseball
-The constant Ozzie/Kenny bull****. I don't know if I love the decision but I'm glad 1 of them is gone. I couldn't take that **** anymore

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-29-2011, 08:03 AM
The no-hitter.

That was one of the worst-thrown no-hitters in baseball history. Liriano had such hittable stuff that day, and the Sox' ineptitude got him into the history books. I was fuming after that game, to the point where my Cub fan friend actually backed off.

Also, Alex Rios and Adam Dunn promising to carry the team on their shoulders, then proceeding to have a terrible season (Rios) and a historically awful season (Dunn).

When Konerko got hit in the Boston game.

When De Aza was called up, performed right out of the gate, yet we still saw Rios in the lineup for a good few weeks afterwards.

When Ozzie brought the fishing pole into the dugout and was playing with it during a game.

When, for the billionth season in a row, the opponents keep drilling our players with reckless abandon, with no retaliation.

johnny bench
09-29-2011, 08:18 AM
I voted for the at-home record, and my second choice would have been the in-division record. I could put with all the rest of the Dunn/Ozzie/KW/Thornton crap if the Sox had won more.

The fact that the Sox could neither win at home nor beat division competition bodes poorly for 2012.

russ99
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
I voted for the at-home record, and my second choice would have been the in-division record. I could put with all the rest of the Dunn/Ozzie/KW/Thornton crap if the Sox had won more.

The fact that the Sox could neither win at home nor beat division competition bodes poorly for 2012.

+1

Losing to lesser teams (even with a subpar team ourselves) at home is pretty awful, and there's no easy explanation as to why.

Lip Man 1
09-29-2011, 08:43 AM
A team generally takes on the approach of the manager or head coach.

Ozzie already mouthed off yesterday that he didn't have the passion the last few years with the Sox. Good chance most of the players felt the same way...which would also explain the poor starts the past few years too.

Lip

tebman
09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Too bad there wasn't an "All of the Above" choice in the poll. That's what I would've picked, because the churros actually were stale!

Consistent only in their inconsistency. Bah.

asindc
09-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Ozzie already mouthed off yesterday that he didn't have the passion the last few years with the Sox. Good chance most of the players felt the same way...which would also explain the poor starts the past few years too.

Lip

Lip,

You and I have been consistent in the past few seasons in noting the lack of fire with the team, with some posters disagreeing at times. It is probably because my personal competitive makeup that I can't stand watching a team that is not fired up to win. As I stated in another thread, I came as close as I ever have to disliking a Sox team with this year's edition. I think I might have actually gotten into a fistfight with Rios after some games. The overall effort was truly disgusting to watch at times over the past three seasons.:angry: Whoever our next manager is, I hope that he kicks ass and takes names in the clubhouse.

Hitmen77
09-29-2011, 09:08 AM
The whole Ozzie ordeal is the worst part of this season. Add in that the belief that he didn't seem to be managing at his fullest and may have even been trying to get fired/released makes the whole situation tougher to swallow.

Adam "Mendoza Thanks Me" Dunn.

So many to pick from...

-No-hit by Liriano
-Blowing that game against Detroit the Sat of Labor Day weekend
-Following that up by getting completely embarrassed 18-2 on Sunday Night Baseball
-The constant Ozzie/Kenny bull****. I don't know if I love the decision but I'm glad 1 of them is gone. I couldn't take that **** anymore

Yep, too many to pick but the ones above are great choices. I'd also add Ozzie's lashing out at the fans (we piss on statues?:?:) and getting away with it.

I think Ozzie's "ultimatum" this past week demanding more money was the last in a long series of slaps in the faces of us fans.

I didn't vote in the poll because it doesn't offer "All of the above" or "Ozzie's Managing" or at least "Other".

Hitmen77
09-29-2011, 09:13 AM

Lip

Did he really say this? If so, that's awful - but at least it confirms what many of us believed to be true.

Jerko
09-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Too many to pick just one, though if there was an "oncoming train that everybody but Sox management could see" option I would have voted for that.

I agree. But IMO they did see it coming, they just waited too damn long to do anything about it, which makes it even worse.

Also the bunt-into-triple-play the first series vs Cleveland.

AnkleSox
09-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Extending Ken Harrelson.

mmmmmbeeer
09-30-2011, 08:45 AM

This.

There really wasn't a single moment that screamed "lowlight"....the whole season was a fiasco and you'd likely need more than 2 hands to count the number of games that were likely blown by Ozzie's half-assed managing. It's like if the Bears were being coached by a Packer fan...you'd just get that feeling that someone is always working against your favorite team.

Boondock Saint
09-30-2011, 09:06 AM
It's gotta be Liriano. For all of the god-awful, no-gameplan, no patience, pull everything, horrible approach at the plate, no idea what to do with this guy games we've had against guys like Bruce Chen and Chris Jakubauskas over the last few years, we've seen that game coming on like a freight train, and couldn't do a damn thing to stop it. Blowouts happen. Having a bad season at home happens. Getting no-hit by a guy with an ERA over nine? That doesn't just happen. By the way, that was his only shutout of the season, his only complete game, and one of only three games this season where he went five or more innings without giving up an earned run.

roylestillman
09-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Pinch hitting Dunn for Lillibridge against Nathan was one of them. That Thornton blown save against Oakland towards the beginning of the season was another. The Liriano no-hitter was putrid, as well.

That entire inning, including Rios batting next and striking out, was the entire season in a nutshell and got my vote. It eliminated any remaining doubt I had about Ozzie. Also before I read the choices, I first thought of that Oakland blown save by Thornton at a weekday day game that set the tone for the rest of that month.

There was a weird feeling to that Liriano no hitter. Most of the time you marvel at the pitching performance. In this case the ineptness of the hitters is what struck you as the reason for the no hitter.

PeteWard
09-30-2011, 09:11 AM
The no hitter and it is personal. I was there & froze my ass off watching a pitcher with mediocre stuff do it. Never was there any sense of "history" or "I was there". An awful, nauseating night watching the worst string of at-bats I have ever seen.

PeteWard
09-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Extending Ken Harrelson.

Touche! But technically it came after the season, right?

The thought of four more years of his crap is intolerable. :whiner:

harwar
09-30-2011, 09:22 AM
All of those choices look bad .. this past season just gives me a bad feeling like something awful happened .. one good thing about having severe memory problems is that i can't recall this past season .. that and i can reread all my favorite books because it's all new to me haha

WhiteSox1989
09-30-2011, 09:31 AM
The Liriano no hitter was pathetic. More a testament to how badly the Sox offense was than how "dominant" Liriano was. Pinch hitting Dunn for Lillibridge was maddening, as well.

Actually the whole season was, I can't pick just one.

Crestani
09-30-2011, 11:54 AM
All the above...!!!

PeteWard
09-30-2011, 12:02 PM
All of those choices look bad .. this past season just gives me a bad feeling like something awful happened .. one good thing about having severe memory problems is that i can't recall this past season .. that and i can reread all my favorite books because it's all new to me haha

AND you can hide your own Easter eggs. :wink:

SouthSideMike
09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
I'd have to go with Dunn's hitting, considering he was just a few plate appearances away from qualifying for the worst single season batting average in MLB history.

A close second would be the Liriano no-hitter. That was beyond pathetic.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2011, 01:44 PM
Every time Dunn came to bat.

Twin Killing
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM

Well they might have won more if it wasn't for the above mentioned crap. I put their pitiful home record a close second, but Dunn's failure was epic.

Smokey Burg
09-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't say every time Dunn came to bat, bu every time Dunn walked back to the dugout from the batters box.

thomas35forever
09-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Without Dunn's poor hitting, we might not make the playoffs, but we're pretty damn close to the Tigers. Liriano's no-no was just a one-time occurrence, but Dunn stunk it up for all six months. The choice is easy for me here.

gobears1987
09-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Adam ****ing Dunn. I can't wait to watch him wear a sombrero for the next 3 seasons.

Soxman219
09-30-2011, 06:04 PM
The no-hitter.

That was pathetic. A high school hitter could've hit Liriano that night. I was so pissed after that game. I was thinking, how the **** could a pitcher who was 1-4 with a ERA of 9 throw a no-hitter against us? I don't think I watched a Sox game for a week after that.

mahagga73
10-03-2011, 08:35 AM
I was thinking about playoff tickets after the first series in Cleveland.A month later I was wondering if this team would lose a 100 games.But I would say that sorry gutless sweep against the Tigers in Detroit was the nail in the coffin and lowpoint.

Dan H
10-03-2011, 12:58 PM
There were so many low points, but that the two series against Detroit in September sums it real well. Worse is the feeling that things aren't getting better any time soon. I never had the feeling the team was going to turn it around and still don't.

SoxSpeed22
10-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Even though I voted for the Liriano no-hitter, the overall lowlight was the stank the 2011 Sox gave off. You knew the game was over whenever they were down 2-0 by the 2nd, you knew they weren't going to do much whenever there were runners on, you knew when the starters couldn't hold a lead.

LongLiveFisk
10-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Without Dunn's poor hitting, we might not make the playoffs, but we're pretty damn close to the Tigers. Liriano's no-no was just a one-time occurrence, but Dunn stunk it up for all six months. The choice is easy for me here.

Same here. The no-hitter was one ****ty-ass pathetic game for sure but it was one game. Six months of Adam Dunn's bull**** is another animal altogether. We're talking epic horrible. Didn't he set the record for worst BA on the season of all-time?

Yeah, no contest here.

SOXSINCE'70
10-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Consistant inconsistency.:(:

Zakath
10-04-2011, 07:15 AM
Ultimate nadir was the pre-Labor Day weekend disaster in Detroit.

But of the options, Dunn's hitting had to be the worst.

Golden Sox
10-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Adam Dunn played like he was done as a ballplayer. Worse than that was how boring the team was. If the White Sox were losing by a couple of runs after the 7th inning, the fans got up and left to go home. I hope they make some personnel changes in the off season whereas they'll be some hope for 2012.

MeteorsSox4367
10-12-2011, 12:32 PM
The three things that drove me the craziest were:

1. Rios: Not only was he horrible, he played like he knew he was horsebleep and it didn't bother him. I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but this season, he was absolute horsebleep as a ballplayer.

De Aza gets recalled, comes up and plays well. Ozzie's response? More Rios, less De Aza. Made perfect sense.

2. Dunn: Bought the t-shirt before the season started and thought this was a great move. Still think he has a possibility of rebounding next season. This season, however? Garbage.

3. All the crap surrounding Ozzie: Laughing it up in the dugout, mocking Andruw Jones when the Yankees are kicking the Sox' ass on ESPN, his comments, the Twitter garbage, everything else.

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2011, 01:39 PM
The three things that drove me the craziest were:

1. Rios: Not only was he horrible, he played like he knew he was horsebleep and it didn't bother him. I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but this season, he was absolute horsebleep as a ballplayer.

De Aza gets recalled, comes up and plays well. Ozzie's response? More Rios, less De Aza. Made perfect sense.

2. Dunn: Bought the t-shirt before the season started and thought this was a great move. Still think he has a possibility of rebounding next season. This season, however? Garbage.

3. All the crap surrounding Ozzie: Laughing it up in the dugout, mocking Andruw Jones when the Yankees are kicking the Sox' ass on ESPN, his comments, the Twitter garbage, everything else.Ozzie's gone. Let it go.

MeteorsSox4367
10-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Ozzie's gone. Let it go.

Nellie: I have. Just providing one last thought as to fully answering the question as to what the lowlight(s) were this past season.

Thanks for your input.

hi im skot
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Nellie: I have. Just providing one last thought as to fully answering the question as to what the lowlight(s) were this past season.

Thanks for your input.

How dare you follow the theme of the thread and contribute accordingly!

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2011, 03:59 PM

Thanks for your input.You're right. My bad.

hi im skot
10-12-2011, 04:10 PM
You're right. My bad.

Damn kids these days, right?!

MeteorsSox4367
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
You're right. My bad.

I prefer mea culpa or since this is a family website, I like the phrase "goofed up" which I substitute for one of my favorite phrases that we cannot use here.

Nellie_Fox
10-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Damn kids these days, right?!Get the hell off my lawn!

hi im skot
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Get the hell off my lawn!

Okay, that's well played, sir. :thumbsup:

Frontman
10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Ozzie QUITTING (yeah, I said it. I'll own it, Oney, Ozney, Oswaldo, and any other Guillen kid who wants to take a tweet shot at me.)

But, Ozzie walking out on this team with two games to go. It was the icing on the cake; as far as summing up the season. The team's skipper skipping town (and someone please tell him to shut the Hell up already! I'm sick of ESPN info coming to my phone every 3rd day with another Guillen tirade about the Sox/Coop/Steve Stone/etc.)

SOXSINCE'70
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
In a season full of ****ty moments, that game/miggy walk off was for me the worst as well.

Sure, even if they had won that game I was still not going to say we had a good chance to get on a roll and make a run....but that awful collapse and then the blast.......that was when there was ZERO doubt the Sox could make anything of the season

epic awful

The Ryan Rayburn 2 run bomb that occured before
Cabrera's heroics made me barf.:puking::puking:

Dick Allen
10-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Adam Dunn forgetting how to hit a baseball. After averaging 40 HR's and 100 RBI's for the past how many seasons, he looked like he couldn't hit my grandmother-and she's dead.

Vernam
10-19-2011, 07:25 PM

That'll work for me, too. I'm tempted to endure an afternoon of Sox Fest just to ask a few people in the organization if they wondered whether our manager was not particularly playing to win that game, trying to make some point to a certain other person in our organization, temporarily insane, inebriated, etc. The other poll choices are definitely valid -- so many to choose from! -- but they mostly reflect ineptitude. What I saw on 8-31-11 made me feel like my money had been stolen, not just that day but for the whole season. The guy's actions since then have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

Vernam

russ99
10-19-2011, 07:57 PM
OK, I think it's been just about long enough...

The endless whining, whinging, rage, finger pointing and pulling out of hair on a daily basis by our fans last season, especially on this board.

Baseball is supposed to be fun.

Hopefully we get back to that by April, and can turn the page on divisiveness.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
OK, I think it's been just about long enough...

The endless whining, whinging, rage, finger pointing and pulling out of hair on a daily basis by our fans last season, especially on this board.

Baseball is supposed to be fun.

Hopefully we get back to that by April, and can turn the page on divisiveness.

Right, because saying we were "whining" when fans were understandably exasperated by one of the most infuriating seasons in White Sox history is really extending the olive branch.

As far as baseball being fun...yeah, it's supposed to be, but when you have one of the most underachieving teams in history managed by a guy who has since confirmed he couldn't have cared less about the team, that is definitely not a recipe for "fun".

Vernam
10-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Right, because saying we were "whining" when fans were understandably exasperated by one of the most infuriating seasons in White Sox history is really extending the olive branch.

As far as baseball being fun...yeah, it's supposed to be, but when you have one of the most underachieving teams in history managed by a guy who has since confirmed he couldn't have cared less about the team, that is definitely not a recipe for "fun".

Not to mention: a guy who continues taking pot shots at our team, completely unashamed of the wreckage he left behind.

Vernam

Lip Man 1
10-19-2011, 08:49 PM
"Winning is fun...fun is winning" -- Ozzie Guillen.

Now there's one statement of his that I agree with.

Lip

kevingrt
10-19-2011, 11:06 PM
"Winning is fun...fun is winning" -- Ozzie Guillen.

Now there's one statement of his that I agree with.

Lip

And it is so very true. Especially for the man that said it.

guillensdisciple
10-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Every second of this season.

Falstaff
10-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Pinching Dunn for Lillibridge was rock bottom. Right then the emperor had no clothes and we could see it. IIRC the White Sox were still on fringe of staying in the "race", but that pinch hit move made it clear Oz was more interested in making some kind of statement about Kenny than winning games. OR just amazingly pig headed. It will be interesting to watch/see what kind of morale Robin Ventura arrival will inspire with the team.:angry:

Irishsox1
10-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Alex Rios across the board. His lack of effort, his high contract, his below average play in center and his horrible hitting. As long as that guy is on the White Sox I know they are not a playoff team.

I have not disliked a White Sox player this much since Jamie Navarro and I know why, to me they are the same type of player.

soxfanatlanta
10-20-2011, 02:01 PM
I have not disliked a White Sox player this much since Jamie Navarro and I know why, to me they are the same type of player.

At least Navarro didn't soil the stadium as an everyday player, I wish I could say the same of Rios.

Frontman
10-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Not to mention: a guy who continues taking pot shots at our team, completely unashamed of the wreckage he left behind.

Vernam

Exactly, and to keep on illustrating his total lack of class and, quite frankly, he total lack of respect for the Sox fans. Stop ripping apart the franchise that was decent enough to let you walk when they did. Stop insulting the coaching staff that helped you WIN A WORLD SERIES. Stop complaining about how you can't afford a boat on 2 million a year.

Simply put; Ozzie?

Just stop already.

tstrike2000
10-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Exactly, and to keep on illustrating his total lack of class and, quite frankly, he total lack of respect for the Sox fans. Stop ripping apart the franchise that was decent enough to let you walk when they did. Stop insulting the coaching staff that helped you WIN A WORLD SERIES. Stop complaining about how you can't afford a boat on 2 million a year.

Simply put; Ozzie?

Just stop already.

And when he doesn't win in Florida and complains down there, they'll get tired of his schtick, too.

Frontman
10-21-2011, 06:32 PM
And when he doesn't win in Florida and complains down there, they'll get tired of his schtick, too.

Exactly. Although the amount of Marlins' fans that would have access to Twitter skews a lot lower than White Sox fans; given the age of most of the Marlins' fans.........

DSpivack
10-21-2011, 06:46 PM
Exactly. Although the amount of Marlins' fans that would have access to Twitter skews a lot lower than White Sox fans; given the age of most of the Marlins' fans.........

For some stupid reason I follow Logan Morrison on twitter, and I see many young, uhh, female Marlins fans conversing with him on twitter. 'LoMo' (another stupid nickname) seems like a real oddball.

Vernam
10-21-2011, 06:57 PM
For some stupid reason I follow Logan Morrison on twitter, and I see many young, uhh, female Marlins fans conversing with him on twitter. 'LoMo' (another stupid nickname) seems like a real oddball.

Can't wait until he and Fredo Guillen get into a fistfight at some South Beach bar.

Vernam

Scots-Sox
10-22-2011, 06:27 AM
I didn't vote but if I had I would have been looking for an option for the "All In" slogan.

It's often siad that the UK and America are two countries separated by a common language. i.e. we use words differently.

Here in Scotland we use the term "All In" to mean "I'm tired", "that's it I'm done", "it's over."

So when the Sox used it to mean ........... oh wait ........... now that I think of it, it looks like it was a pretty accurate slogan after all.

David.

October26
10-22-2011, 08:06 AM
I didn't vote but if I had I would have been looking for an option for the "All In" slogan.

It's often siad that the UK and America are two countries separated by a common language. i.e. we use words differently.

Here in Scotland we use the term "All In" to mean "I'm tired", "that's it I'm done", "it's over."

So when the Sox used it to mean ........... oh wait ........... now that I think of it, it looks like it was a pretty accurate slogan after all.

David.

Hello & thanks for your interesting post. Yes, that All In slogan became more and more of a nightmare as the disastrous 2011 Sox season progressed.

I'm wondering what the Sox Marketing dept will come up with for 2012?

SI1020
10-22-2011, 09:57 AM

David. I really like this post.

hdog1017
10-22-2011, 09:59 AM
I'm glad that the stale churros were mentioned...I talked those up big time to my g/f and finally bought some at game this summer and they were awful!

Vernam
10-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Hello & thanks for your interesting post. Yes, that All In slogan became more and more of a nightmare as the disastrous 2011 Sox season progressed.

"Partially in."

"Don't pull out now!"

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'in' is."

Vernam

ChiSoxGal85
10-22-2011, 11:19 AM

David.

Ohmigosh...it was the perfect slogan for 2011 and most of us didn't even realize it.

Great post!

October26
10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
"Partially in."

"Don't pull out now!"

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'in' is."

Vernam

:roflmao: These are all hilarious!

A. Cavatica
10-22-2011, 11:53 AM

"Nothing Ventura, nothing gained."

Nellie_Fox
10-23-2011, 12:09 AM

David.That's what it meant here, too, until it became a term for a poker bet. Now it has two meanings, but the poker meaning has become the primary one.

Jerko
10-24-2011, 08:55 AM
"Nothing Ventura, nothing gained."

I like this one.

russ99
10-24-2011, 11:25 AM
"All In" has to be the second worst slogan in Sox history. First place obviously goes to that awful, inane and depressing "Let's Do it Again" from 1984.

http://thm-a04.yimg.com/nimage/59b6502338ea666e

Maybe next year, we can go back to:

http://i23.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/f2/2b/4438_2.JPG

Frontman
10-24-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't know, the 2007 season commercials annoyed the heck out of me.

"It's not like the team didn't win 90 games last season...."

Yeah, still didn't make the playoffs. Hard to be aggravated by the team's effort in 2006, as they were competitive; but don't run an ad campaign based upon the concept of "we tried really hard, we just didn't do it."