View Full Version : Fire KW

Viva Magglio
07-15-2002, 08:31 AM
The man has lost touch with reality.

TornLabrum
07-15-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The man has lost touch with reality.

If you're referring to his, Gen. Disarray will be here through 2003 statement, you're wrong. He's very much in touch with the reality that Chairman Jerry ain't gonna pay Gen. Disarray to sit down for two years. :angry:

ChiSoxBobette
07-15-2002, 10:39 AM
I say K.W. has to go before he is able to make anymore idiotic moves. We can't have someone learning to be a G.M. while he's in the position. Lets not forget all of the stupid moves this guy has made Todd Ritchie for 3 young pitchers 2 who we never gave a chance one of which Kip Wells whom Nardi had to have some input on trading him and Kip is 10 & 6 last I saw Ritchie is 5 & 12 if Kip is here and granted all of the baseball experts on the Sox K.W., Nardi & Farmer have said Kip would'nt be pitching like this for the Sox I don't understand why unless Kip just did'nt want to pitch the Nardi way. K.W. traded for a guy from the Dodgers and got a diffrent guy with the same name. Traded a Sox rookie to Oakland - Brandford who is a pretty good setup man for the A's. And lets not forget we would'nt have Jon Garland if our wonderful G.M. had made that trade with the Angels the only thing that saved us was the Angels or Garland would have been pitching for them. This last one with the Padres he traded an outfielder I think his name is Fernandez who was the Southern Leagues All- Star game M.V.P. lets hope this guy K.W. got for us is'nt just another ex-yankee minor leaguer who when the yankees had him was touted as the next Jeter last I heard about the guy he was'nt even playing S.S. for the Padres. Just a couple of years ago our minor league system was rated one of the top 10 now we're down to 30th. I think its time we brought up Crede to play 3rd base bring this guy who we traded for from the Padres let him play S.S. so we can see if he's the man bring up Harris to play 2nd and Borchard to play center or left field make Liefer the D.H./1st baseman bring Josh Pall back up to catch with Alomar . Now we start dumping players Lofton he won't be back next year same with Durham , Clayton, package Lee & Valentine and trade them, Dump Ritchie he's not GOOD, and as far as Frank because nobody is going to pick him up put him in here and there maybe Liefer against righties Frank against lefties until next year and then management can ask for the diminshed skills clause and Frank can either go or play for us at 250,000 we can then re-sign Konerko. It may no be what we White Sox fans want to hear but I think its time to rebuild another thing that would'nt hurt would be to get new blood in there to manager our team Manuels had his chance and I don't think this team will ever respond to him and his coaches. I just hope they can make whats left of this year enjoyable to watch at least they can show some heart.
GO WHITE SOX

Fisk72
07-15-2002, 11:32 AM
...that we would find the Sox in a much different position had JR picked now-Dodgers GM Dan Evans to be GM instead of Lenny? It's hard to assume that, but look at the turnaround the Dodgers have had.

ScottyTheSoxFan
07-15-2002, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxBob
I say K.W. has to go before he is able to make anymore idiotic moves. We can't have someone learning to be a G.M. while he's in the position. Lets not forget all of the stupid moves this guy has made Todd Ritchie for 3 young pitchers 2 who we never gave a chance one of which Kip Wells whom Nardi had to have some input on trading him and Kip is 10 & 6 last I saw Ritchie is 5 & 12 if Kip is here and granted all of the baseball experts on the Sox K.W., Nardi & Farmer have said Kip would'nt be pitching like this for the Sox I don't understand why unless Kip just did'nt want to pitch the Nardi way. K.W. traded for a guy from the Dodgers and got a diffrent guy with the same name. Traded a Sox rookie to Oakland - Brandford who is a pretty good setup man for the A's. And lets not forget we would'nt have Jon Garland if our wonderful G.M. had made that trade with the Angels the only thing that saved us was the Angels or Garland would have been pitching for them. This last one with the Padres he traded an outfielder I think his name is Fernandez who was the Southern Leagues All- Star game M.V.P. lets hope this guy K.W. got for us is'nt just another ex-yankee minor leaguer who when the yankees had him was touted as the next Jeter last I heard about the guy he was'nt even playing S.S. for the Padres. Just a couple of years ago our minor league system was rated one of the top 10 now we're down to 30th. I think its time we brought up Crede to play 3rd base bring this guy who we traded for from the Padres let him play S.S. so we can see if he's the man bring up Harris to play 2nd and Borchard to play center or left field make Liefer the D.H./1st baseman bring Josh Pall back up to catch with Alomar . Now we start dumping players Lofton he won't be back next year same with Durham , Clayton, package Lee & Valentine and trade them, Dump Ritchie he's not GOOD, and as far as Frank because nobody is going to pick him up put him in here and there maybe Liefer against righties Frank against lefties until next year and then management can ask for the diminshed skills clause and Frank can either go or play for us at 250,000 we can then re-sign Konerko. It may no be what we White Sox fans want to hear but I think its time to rebuild another thing that would'nt hurt would be to get new blood in there to manager our team Manuels had his chance and I don't think this team will ever respond to him and his coaches. I just hope they can make whats left of this year enjoyable to watch at least they can show some heart.
GO WHITE SOX

i agree except it is too early to judge the Jimenez trade/

We could have had Gagne for Howry in spring training remember?