Pretty ****ing way for this season to end, unfortunately

79-83.

-9 wins from last year

blandman
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM
fitting end

SoxSpeed22
It's finally over. This should at least make for an interesting offseason.

Jimmy Piersall
fitting end

Indeed it was.They wouldn't have had it any other way.

johnnyg83
09-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Good year, Phil Humber.

ChiSoxGal85
09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
This season made me so cynical, I just smiled when Sale fell apart. It just figured.

All In = All Over.

Glad for this season to end. Not glad that White Sox baseball is over til next year.

harwar
09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
"so ends .. so ends , this blasted passage" .. let the winter wipe the slate clean and start fresh in the spring ..

DirtySox
09-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Great ending actually. The Sox clinched the best possible draft pick they could get this way. 13th. Could have fallen to 17th otherwise. And yes I'm a terrible fan, blah blah blah.

cleanwsox
09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Great ending actually. The Sox clinched the best possible draft pick they could get this way. 13th. Could have fallen to 17th otherwise. And yes I'm a terrible fan, blah blah blah.

Was hoping the same thing actually.

kittle42
09-28-2011, 05:08 PM
And so ends a season, for me personally, filled with not much but apathy, headscratching, and occasional misery when I let the apathy go away.

Chez
09-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Season ended not with a bang; but with a [fitting] whimper. A joyless season if there ever was one. Here's to better days . . .

Hitmen77
09-28-2011, 05:12 PM

Yeah, but this is the White Sox. They'll probably waste that pick on another bust.

Crestani
09-28-2011, 05:13 PM
I can't wait for the "Sox Fest" where Williams will tell us he believes Dunn, Rios & Peavy will compete for "Come back player of the year" award...!!!

Risk
09-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Thank you Lord...This season is finally over.

Risk

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I feel a little like a member of the family died each year when the White Sox' season ends.

AnkleSox
09-28-2011, 05:18 PM
Cue the sad Giamatti quote that I know is in someone's signature on this board.

asindc
09-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Thus ends the most frustrating season I've experienced as a Sox fan, surpassing 1994, 2008, and 2003.

Lip Man 1
Our long national nightmare is finally over.

Thank God for video tape and DVD's.

I'll have plenty of good baseball to watch (for a change) in the next few months.

Lip

DSpivack
I feel a little like a member of the family died each year when the White Sox' season ends.

Winter always feels a lot closer when the season ends. A melancholy feeling, for sure.

Nellie_Fox
09-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Cue the sad Giamatti quote that I know is in someone's signature on this board.Here it is:It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops

DirtySox
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Sad that the White Sox season is over, but excited that we still have some damn good baseball left. Especially tonight.

johnnyg83
09-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Winter is coming.

DSpivack
09-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Here it is:

For some reason I only had the first half of the quote in my signature. I'll add the second part now.

:thumbsup:

JB98
09-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm always sad when baseball ends, but to be honest, this 2011 White Sox team will not be missed.

Let's hope KW gives us a reason for renewed optimism when baseball is reborn in the spring.

dwitt76
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Time to flush that season down the toilet................. better make that 2 flushes :shakehead:

October26
09-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Awful season, awful day. It's Over.

GoGoCrede
09-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Always takes me a few days of feeling bereft before I'm okay. My interest went up and down this year, but baseball's constant presence these past months was still comforting in its own way.

harwar
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Here it is:

i've had that on the wall in my den for years and with each passing season i can feel just a little bit more of me die away only to be reborn in the spring

24thStFan
09-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Wait until next year!:wink:

16th&State
09-28-2011, 05:53 PM
It is finally over, THE most frustrating season in my 20+ years as a Sox fan... Good night and good bye. Bring on what ever is next...

delben91
09-28-2011, 05:54 PM
I always miss baseball when the season ends. I miss the game.

That said, I won't miss this team or this season.

TheOldRoman
09-28-2011, 05:55 PM
The players paid a great tribute to Walker on his last day as hitting coach - another lackluster performance against a not-that-good pitcher. The only way it could have been more fitting is if they loaded the bases with no outs in the ninth with the heart of the order coming up, only to pop-up, take strike three looking and swing at strike three in the dirt two feet outide.

#1swisher
09-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Brett Ballantini

- Coop on players in postseason: "You can come back stronger, or crawl
into a ball and let them beat the hell out of you again".

- Coop wrote the Chris Sale bumper sticker postseason: "He's a bad son of
a gun. He's got heart, smarts, nuts, balls".

- Coop makes everyone wait a long time postgame. "I thought we only do
postgame after you win. So I took a shower!"

JB98
09-28-2011, 06:25 PM
The players paid a great tribute to Walker on his last day as hitting coach - another lackluster performance against a not-that-good pitcher. The only way it could have been more fitting is if they loaded the bases with no outs in the ninth with the heart of the order coming up, only to pop-up, take strike three looking and swing at strike three in the dirt two feet outide.

We would have scored only one run today if Guillen were still managing. He would have made Ramirez bunt in the fifth after De Aza's leadoff single. Ramirez swung away and hit an RBI double instead. Imagine that.

The offensive philosophy has been so broken for so long with this organization.

JB98
09-28-2011, 06:36 PM
For those who were at work and missed the game, here is my final TBGR (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4223) of the season.

amsteel
09-28-2011, 06:37 PM
****ty end to a ****ty season

Although it sucks to be this not confident in a season that is 7 months away

TomBradley72
09-28-2011, 06:41 PM
I was there today- couldn't resist one more trip.

A great version of the Star Spangled Banner, Humber looked great, nice to see a Beckham homer- that was about it.

Stayed through "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"- it turned a little colder and greyer- left the park- and listened to the Sox blow it on the way home- oh well- fitting end to this horrible season.

I'm glad the wild card races are coming down to today- looking forward to the NLDS at Miller Park.

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."

- Rogers Hornsby

DickAllen72
09-28-2011, 06:45 PM
I know what you mean.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2011, 07:18 PM
It is finally over, THE most frustrating season in my 20+ years as a Sox fan... Good night and good bye. Bring on what ever is next...
I totally am on board with what you're saying. There have been worse teams in my same 20+ years of being a Sox fan. But, none have been as frustrating as this one, considering the expectations I had (and many other Sox fans had) for this team. I guess it just wasn't meant to be, though.

Hopefully some of these guys spend some of the fall and winter training to be better next season.

tebman
09-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I was there today too. What a sad, feeble finish. It was like the air was let out of a balloon.

Sale's a good pitcher. I couldn't believe he actually walked-in two runs in the ninth. Maybe Cooper couldn't believe it either, or at least that's the only explanation I can come up with for keeping him in there after walking in the first one.

The end of the season is always a letdown, but this year it's more empty. This team needs an energy makeover or next year is going to be very bleak, indeed.

Woofer
09-28-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm never glad to see the season end. Friends of mine always say that the baseball season is too long, they play too many games. Not me. I love it. You can multi-task during a baseball game, put the game on the radio and read the newspaper. Put the head phones on and mow the grass or go on a bike ride. Watch those games late at night when the team is on the West coast. It is a guilty pleasure, because you know you will be tired the next day, and you will pay for staying up all night. I miss it when it goes away every fall. I get withdrawals, though lately our sons fall baseball games help to ease the pain. Although this season was a huge disappointment, it still had a few enjoyable moments, although I can't think of one example to share. Here's to next year. May it be better than this year.:gulp:

GlassSox
09-28-2011, 08:55 PM
I was there too and the melt down in the 9th inning was so disappointing. Well it's over and now on to the drama of who will be here for 2012 (players, manager, & coaches).

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2011, 08:59 PM
I was there today too. What a sad, feeble finish. It was like the air was let out of a balloon.

Sale's a good pitcher. I couldn't believe he actually walked-in two runs in the ninth. Maybe Cooper couldn't believe it either, or at least that's the only explanation I can come up with for keeping him in there after walking in the first one.

The end of the season is always a letdown, but this year it's more empty. This team needs an energy makeover or next year is going to be very bleak, indeed.
Driving home from work, I was fully expecting a bad logjam while driving back home into the neighborhood, like it usually is when the Sox have a day game during the work week. But, it was almost like a regular day trafficwise. How was the crowd today?

GlassSox
09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Driving home from work, I was fully expecting a bad logjam while driving back home into the neighborhood, like it usually is when the Sox have a day game during the work week. But, it was almost like a regular day trafficwise. How was the crowd today?

Very, very sparse :(:

tstrike2000
09-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Sale's implosion was a pretty good summary of the Sox season. They say all good things must come to an end, well, I think that's the case with the bad, too. And this Wednesday, we can be thankful this bad season came to an end.

chisoxfanatic
09-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Very, very sparse :(:
Nothing is worse than a sparse crowd at a baseball game. :( I think they'd have had a better crowd if the game were under the lights for a better sendoff into the offseason. I think I would've gone.

GlassSox
09-28-2011, 09:12 PM
Nothing is worse than a sparse crowd at a baseball game. :( I think they'd have had a better crowd if the game were under the lights for a better sendoff into the offseason. I think I would've gone.

I'm now retired and just doing a little part time consulting so my schedule is pretty much mine to set. You could be right about a bigger crowd had it been a night game.

Soxman219
09-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Thank Goodness the horror show is over!:bandance:
Dunn, WORK OUT and get your swing back.
Rios, go see a shrink or something.
Beckham, find a way to stop being bad at hitting.

WhiteSoxJunkie
09-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Just a fitting way for this season to end. Early morning rain, few people bothered to show up, an uneventful game, and blowing the lead in the 9th. This season is OVAH!

hawkjt
09-29-2011, 02:20 AM
No doubt the 2011 Sox season ended with a whimper,not a bang.

Sale started the season poorly,then righted himself,and was great all season,only to fall apart on the last day. He is young,and will be back.

The shiver is back when baseball is over. It feels colder already,with the warm comfort of baseball fading away.

I hate the last day of the season,as much as I love opening day.

Next year.

Iron Dragon2
09-29-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm not sad to see this season go. What a disaster. Thank God it's over. And I still can't see Mr. "Walk in 2 runs in the 9th inning" starting next year.

kittle42
09-29-2011, 09:57 AM
And I still can't see Mr. "Walk in 2 runs in the 9th inning" starting next year.

*****. He had a solid season, may have a very bright future, and will be a good piece of the rotation next season. I thought this board was above such sweeping remarks usually seen only on team Facebook fan pages.

LongLiveFisk
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM

I can relate, although to me it feels more like someone I love seeing every day is going away for a few months and I know I am going to miss them until they return.

This season I don't feel as strongly about it though. That's the difference.

SoxSpeed22
09-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Normally I wouldn't be happy for the season to end, but for this taunting, drama filled, train-wreck of a season, yes, I am happy that it's over.

Iron Dragon2
09-30-2011, 12:20 AM
*****. He had a solid season, may have a very bright future, and will be a good piece of the rotation next season. I thought this board was above such sweeping remarks usually seen only on team Facebook fan pages.

Ha! Since when?

And you HOPE he will be a good piece of the rotation next year. I hope so, too. But I don't think he'll last.

Rikirk
10-02-2011, 12:30 AM
Hey anybody can have an off year.

(rimshot)