View Full Version : Mark Buehrle By The Numbers

Lip Man 1
09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
365 games started
2,976.2 innings pitched
1,396 strike outs
161 wins

2-1, 1 save in the post season

3 All Star Game appearances, 1 start, 5 innings pitched, 5 strikouts, 1 win, 1.80 ERA.

1 No-hitter
1 Perfect Game
2 Gold Gloves

That's a hell of a career.

Lip

jshanahanjr
09-28-2011, 12:01 AM
M.B. is the best! Couldn't ask for a better man:).

kevingrt
09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Favorite Sox player of all time. And hopefully us Sox fans will see this kid on the bump in a White Sox uniform come April 6th in Texas.

Church Turtle
09-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Hats off Mr. Burls

thomas35forever
09-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Good job, Mark. Hope you get to add to those accomplishments with us.

DrCrawdad
09-28-2011, 08:26 AM
365 games started
2,976.2 innings pitched
1,396 strike outs
161 wins

3 All Star Game appearances, 1 start, 5 innings pitched, 5 strikouts, 1 win, 1.80 ERA.

1 No-hitter
1 Perfect Game
2 Gold Gloves

Lip

IIRC only Konerko and Buehrle remain from the 2000 Sox. Have to say, I don't remember Buehrle's pitching in game 2 of the ALDS, but he did (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200010040.shtml).

Hope things work out for Buehrle to finish his career here but if not I hope he pitches for the Cardinals, my favorite NL team.

harwar
09-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Mark Buehrle is such an awesome competitor and a great person .. if the White Sox are indeed going to "take a step back" ,then that means Mark is gone .. i actually can't image the White Sox without him, but i guess i'll have to get used to it .. i have to wonder what Konerko is thinking these days

cws05champ
09-28-2011, 08:56 AM
I hope he comes back at a bit of a reduced salary for the next 2-3 years. He's one of my favorite players of all time.

Procol Harum
09-28-2011, 09:48 AM
I hope he comes back at a bit of a reduced salary for the next 2-3 years. He's one of my favorite players of all time.

Here's hopin', but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. One of the biggest bummers to contemplate about the prospects of the 2012 White Sox is that not only will they be awful to watch, but w/o Buehrle their losses are going to be both more numerous and the badness will take longer to boot... :o:

asindc
09-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Here's hopin', but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. One of the biggest bummers to contemplate about the prospects of the 2012 White Sox is that not only will they be awful to watch, but w/o Buehrle their losses are going to be both more numerous and the badness will take longer to boot... :o:

I really don't think the market for MB will be that high because this is the only season that he has performed up to the level of his contract. Without the sentimental ties to him, I don't think other teams will be lining up to offer him 3-36 or something similar. I'd be surprised if he is offered more than 3-30.

Chez
09-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I think yesterday was the first I've heard Mark publically express not only his appreciation for all the years he's spent as a member of the White Sox, but also his desire to stay with the organization. Many have assumed that Buehrle wants to go to St. Louis. That sentiment certainly was not expressed yesterday. To the contrary, he said all the right things. If he's sincere in his desire to return, I think JR will step in (like he did with AJ and Konerko) and get a deal done.

JC456
09-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Got to watch him pitch in person last night. Hell of game. What Coop did in the 8th was the coolest thing I've seen in some time. But if actions tell the future, it looked like last night he pitched his last game as a White Sox. The wife and I will be saving the tickets from the game as our keep sake along with the perfect game tickets for one class ball player. Glad if he leaves, he leaves with a 'W'.

Thank you Mark Buehrle. Nothing but success in what ever you do!

DSpivack
09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
IIRC only Konerko and Buehrle remain from the 2000 Sox. Have to say, I don't remember Buehrle's pitching in game 2 of the ALDS, but he did (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200010040.shtml).

Hope things work out for Buehrle to finish his career here but if not I hope he pitches for the Cardinals, my favorite NL team.

I'm not sure the Cardinals will have the money for him after re-signing Pujols.

sox1970
09-28-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm not sure the Cardinals will have the money for him after re-signing Pujols.

They don't need him.

Carpenter, Wainwright, Garcia, Westbrook, Lohse are under contract.

hawkjt
09-28-2011, 10:20 AM
The Cards also just re-upped with Berkman for big money. Just a shame that the Sox did not sign Berkman in the offseason instead of Dunn. They sign the F/A with the big numbers for big bucks(a move I was very happy with) who then proceeds to do little to prepare in the offseason apparently, while the scuffling vet Berkman was signed for few dollars and promptly went out and got in great shape for a big season with the Cards.

Anyway, I am so torn on MB. My heart wants him to come back so much,while my head says that the way Kenny is talking, it probably is not happening,and if they are doing a re-build,it probably does not make sense to re-sign him for 30 million. I know a lot of fans on here will say let him go to turn the page, and then complain about his absence next year,and vice versa, just like a lot of fans loved the Dunn signing in December,only to condemn Kenny for it by June.

If they find a way to bring him back,I am a happy camper,but if they do not, I understand it.

Mohoney
09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
He's also the all-time leader in Interleague wins with 24.

salty99
09-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Buehrle has made 4 all-star games, however he didn't get in the 2006 game .

veeter
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Obviously I want him to come back to the Sox. But I'm such a big fan I'd root for him no matter who he plays for. For some reason I've tracked his numbers closely his whole career and I want him to pile up wins. His best shot at that is definitely in the NL. We'll see what happens.

#1swisher
09-28-2011, 01:32 PM
365 games started
2,976.2 innings pitched
1,396 strike outs
161 wins

1 No-hitter
1 Perfect Game
2 Gold Gloves

Lip

See you next year, Mark! :bandance:

sox1970
09-28-2011, 01:40 PM
Sox went 211-154 in those 365 starts, with 231 quality starts.

He did his part.

He'll be back.

ShooterMcGavin
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
My assumptions on the situation, as I have no inside knowledge:

We've known since early in Buehrle's career that he's wanted to pitch for his hometown team that he grew up as a fan of. But things change over 12 years with one team; Buehrle has developed strong friendships with his teammates, experienced a World Series win and many personal accolades and success while with the Sox. He's comfortable in Chicago, realizes he's built a legacy with the team and a positive rapport with its fans.

What I'm trying to say is when he first arrived to Chicago, his bond to St. Louis was much clearer to him; 12 years later it's not such an easy decision to leave Chicago for St. Louis.

DSpivack
09-28-2011, 05:04 PM
My assumptions on the situation, as I have no inside knowledge:

We've known since early in Buehrle's career that he's wanted to pitch for his hometown team that he grew up as a fan of. But things change over 12 years with one team; Buehrle has developed strong friendships with his teammates, experienced a World Series win and many personal accolades and success while with the Sox. He's comfortable in Chicago, realizes he's built a legacy with the team and a positive rapport with its fans.

What I'm trying to say is when he first arrived to Chicago, his bond to St. Louis was much clearer to him; 12 years later it's not such an easy decision to leave Chicago for St. Louis.

That and, as others have mentioned, the Cardinals are not in a position to sign him this offseason.