PDA

View Full Version : Trade Carlos!

Randar68
07-14-2002, 05:52 PM
Figured I'd start the thread before someone else beats me to it if he makes a couple outs tomorrow.

Daver
07-14-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Figured I'd start the thread before someone else beats me to it if he makes a couple outs tomorrow.

I wanted to trade him last year.....

SOXSINCE'70
07-14-2002, 05:58 PM
I wanted to trade his dead ass after LAST SEASON!!

Spiff
07-14-2002, 06:49 PM
i wanted to trade him in 1996 so hmpf.

FarWestChicago
07-14-2002, 07:28 PM
Figured I'd start the thread before someone else beats me to it if he makes a couple outs tomorrow. I think they are on a "dump Maggs" kick at the moment, so you got the drop on them. :smile:

Bucktown
07-14-2002, 09:38 PM
4-5 today, 3 runs and two RBIS. Oh yeah 2 home runs. Now batting .273. Not bad for someone with a "dead ass."

Daver
07-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
4-5 today, 3 runs and two RBIS. Oh yeah 2 home runs. Now batting .273. Not bad for someone with a "dead ass."

That is why you trade him now,his value will never be higher......

nut_stock
07-14-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by daver

I still don't think we'd be able to get enough for him with KW at the helm.

Daver
07-14-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock

I still don't think we'd be able to get enough for him with KW at the helm.

I think every one here over rates his value,what is the value of a LF that should be a DH with an under .300 BA?

nut_stock
07-14-2002, 09:50 PM

I think every one here over rates his value,what is the value of a LF that should be a DH with an under .300 BA?

but is still young and has shown flashes of being a damn good hitter.

Spiff
07-14-2002, 09:52 PM
NO he sucks just like kip wells last year...

rmusacch
07-14-2002, 09:53 PM

I just hope that they keep him in the 3 hole. I will pissed if they put Frank back there. We won without the Choice and Miniskirt. Pay attention Manuel.

Daver
07-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock

but is still young and has shown flashes of being a damn good hitter.

He has also shown long periods of being a mediocre hitter and will always be a brutal feilder.

Bucktown
07-14-2002, 09:56 PM

Don't forget Konerko. The Yankees would give us a ton for him at this point.

Daver
07-14-2002, 09:59 PM

Don't forget Konerko. The Yankees would give us a ton for him at this point.

Umm they have a first baseman there,a guy by the name of Giambi,why would they want Konerko?

Chisox_cali
07-14-2002, 10:01 PM

Umm they have a first baseman there,a guy by the name of Giambi,why would they want Konerko?

More Importantly why would we trade Konerko, he's our best player.

Bucktown
07-14-2002, 10:28 PM

Umm they have a first baseman there,a guy by the name of Giambi,why would they want Konerko? You tell me Daver, it is your logic. Trade your hot players while their value is at the max. Why Lee and not Konerko?

Daver
07-14-2002, 10:30 PM
You tell me Daver, it is your logic. Trade your hot players while their value is at the max. Why Lee and not Konerko?

Because Lee is a DH without a place to DH as long as Frank Thomas is here?

Randar68
07-14-2002, 10:58 PM

Because Lee is a DH without a place to DH as long as Frank Thomas is here?

Lee has the fewest errors of the OF'ers (over-simplifying this), so what about him makes you think he cannot be a LF'er when people like Chipper Jones and Rondell White play there?

Daver
07-14-2002, 11:01 PM

Lee has the fewest errors of the OF'ers (over-simplifying this), so what about him makes you think he cannot be a LF'er when people like Chipper Jones and Rondell White play there?

OF errors are over rated,it is subjective to whether they get close to the ball or not.A good way to judge an outfeilder is by watching the jump they get off the swing,and Carlos is usually wandering when it comes to that.

Randar68
07-14-2002, 11:07 PM

OF errors are over rated,it is subjective to whether they get close to the ball or not.A good way to judge an outfeilder is by watching the jump they get off the swing,and Carlos is usually wandering when it comes to that.

I agree. However, this year, Carlos has shown the ability to make the routine play and to also make some plays he shouldn't. I'm not defending his throws to home or every route he takes, but he is able to cover a decent amount of ground. In MLB, most of the average OF'ers play LF, and I think Carlos is in the middle of the pack in terms of MLB LF'ers defensively. If he can hit .300-35-115, he'd be an All-Star.

PS. I agree about OF errors, as most of them come on throws home where they wouldn't get the guy anyways. However, hitting your cutoff man (ahem, Kenny) cuts down on those by a lot.

MattSharp
07-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Carlos's value still isn't that high. I say let him play out the hot streak. Maybe he can turn it around big time, and they can get something big for him.....

LongDistanceFan
07-14-2002, 11:21 PM
i have alway been for trading lee, so i am still going to ask, when is it a good time to trade, if we are going too, then now. while he is climbing.

however, we should try to get our weight in gold for him, if not keep him.

Vsahajpal
07-15-2002, 12:23 AM
Can we have Carlos? :)

I saw him and Howry last Monday at the bag drop at Willow Crest Golf Club in Oak Brook, asked him if Ken Hill was bringing the Mercedes around. He didn't understand....lol!

I love C. Lee. Good man. Good Mercedes.

Daver
07-15-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal

I saw him and Howry last Monday at the bag drop at Willow Crest Golf Club in Oak Brook, asked him if Ken Hill was bringing the Mercedes around. He didn't understand....lol!

Yeah,send us Mark Prior.

:)

Soxheads
07-15-2002, 12:27 AM

But the real question is.....do they suck at golf?

Vsahajpal
07-15-2002, 12:38 AM

Yeah,send us Jeff Fassero.

:)

You drive a hard bargain :)

Soxheads
07-15-2002, 12:41 AM

Prior's on his way :)

That's better.

Daver
07-15-2002, 12:41 AM

You drive a hard bargain :)

Clever Vic,we already have Jeff Fassero's cousin,his name is Howry. :redneck

Vsahajpal
07-15-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

But the real question is.....do they suck at golf?

Actually we just pulled in, and they had just finished up so I didn't get to see them play, nor did I ask for a score. Howry was working over a stogie; I detected a subtle oak flavor.

Soxheads
07-15-2002, 12:46 AM

Actually we just pulled in, and they had just finished up so I didn't get to see them play, nor did I ask for a score. Howry was working over a stogie; I detected a subtle oak flavor.

I always thought of Howry as a maple man. :smile:

MikeKreevich
07-15-2002, 10:11 AM
Trade Carlos while he is in a hot streak. He stands in the way of Borchard in left. Borchard will not be a centerfielder for long if at all.

PaleHoseGeorge
07-15-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I think they are on a "dump Maggs" kick at the moment, so you got the drop on them. :smile:

Has anyone else noticed how short his legs are? Draw your own conclusions about his long-term value, but no power hitter built like him has ever reached the HOF.

That ought to get the natives restless. :D: