PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 9-24 Rios, Morel a Royal pain for KC; SOX win 6-3

Frater Perdurabo
09-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice to see players we need to succeed (are stuck with) next year are finishing strong this year.

Frater Perdurabo
09-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Save #30 for Santos

Lip Man 1
09-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Postpones an "official" losing season for another day.

Lip

Tragg
09-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Ozzie continues to play the starters pillar to post, despite the game being over for weeks.

Brian26
09-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Love seeing garbage-time Rios finally bring his hands up so he can actually hit a fastball. Too bad he couldn't make an adjustment back in June when it counted.

A. Cavatica
09-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Love seeing garbage-time Rios finally bring his hands up so he can actually hit a fastball. Too bad he couldn't make an adjustment back in June when it counted.

Walker needed time to work with him.

SI1020
09-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Love seeing garbage-time Rios finally bring his hands up so he can actually hit a fastball. Too bad he couldn't make an adjustment back in June when it counted. The most hideous batting stance I ever saw. How did he expect to hit anything, let alone top notch ML pitching?

C-Dawg
09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
I was at the game, so I haven't seen any replays (and there's no mention in the game thread) - did Dunn throw his bat after he struck out in the 8th? From where I sat it looked like he threw it most of the way back to the on-deck circle.

soltrain21
09-24-2011, 11:48 PM
The most hideous batting stance I ever saw. How did he expect to hit anything, let alone top notch ML pitching?

He did it on 2006, 2007 and 2008.

BainesHOF
09-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Stupid lineup by Guillen. Too many young players not in it. Then he pinch hits for Viciedo. Let the guy bat against a righty!

kittle42
09-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Stupid lineup by Guillen. Too many young players not in it. Then he pinch hits for Viciedo. Let the guy bat against a righty!

Don't want to mess with the 2011 formula of perfection.

Aesero
09-25-2011, 03:03 AM
I was at the game, so I haven't seen any replays (and there's no mention in the game thread) - did Dunn throw his bat after he struck out in the 8th? From where I sat it looked like he threw it most of the way back to the on-deck circle.

He threw it like usual when he draws a walk. He got caught swinging at a bad pitch and tried to sell that he held up.

October26
09-25-2011, 09:18 AM
I never knew how much I detested the month of September until this year, living through this miserable Sox season. I still care very much about White Sox Baseball and am looking forward to better days ahead. I am really sick of the Sox being the on-going joke of the sports media. We are great fans and deserve better than this.

As for this game (last night), I enjoyed watching Johnny Danks pitch. Danks had this strange expression on his face every time he came off the field and walked towards the dugout. Not sure what that was about.

Sox offense was good last night and Morel has hit 8 homers in September. Crain, Sale, and Santos were good as well.

Sox record is currently at 77 W & 81 L. I would like to see them play well during the last 4 games & finish strong.

DumpJerry
09-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Save #30 for Santos
No save. (http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310924104) Not a save opportunity.

SI1020
09-25-2011, 10:03 AM
He did it on 2006, 2007 and 2008. OK I might stand corrected, but it looked like the crouch and lowered hands were more pronounced, especially when he was really struggling.

slavko
09-25-2011, 10:36 AM
I never knew how much I detested the month of September until this year, living through this miserable Sox season. I still care very much about White Sox Baseball and am looking forward to better days ahead. I am really sick of the Sox being the on-going joke of the sports media. We are great fans and deserve better than this.

As for this game (last night), I enjoyed watching Johnny Danks pitch. Danks had this strange expression on his face every time he came off the field and walked towards the dugout. Not sure what that was about.

Sox offense was good last night and Morel has hit 8 homers in September. Crain, Sale, and Santos were good as well.

Sox record is currently at 77 W & 81 L. I would like to see them play well during the last 4 games & finish strong.

Morel's 8 homers were off September pitching you say? Why hasn't it had the same effect on our other out machines? He might be getting a clue about hitting.

Tragg
09-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Morel's 8 homers were off September pitching you say? Why hasn't it had the same effect on our other out machines? He might be getting a clue about hitting.

His walk total is far greater too, including two off of September pitcher Verlander.

Wouldn't have been a bad night to see if another pitcher has the stones to finish games...we know Santos can do it. Every player on this roster should be up for trade at the right price.

cards press box
09-25-2011, 11:22 AM
:winner

Nice to see John Danks finish the 2011 season on a strong note.

October26
09-25-2011, 12:22 PM

I really hope so. Sox need to get some power next year from the 3B position along with 1B, CF, and C. Paulie was great this year; everybody else not so much.

GlassSox
09-25-2011, 12:24 PM
We just relaxed and had a fun time last night at the cell. The fireworks were nice. Too bad it hasn't been a better season for the Sox but in the bigger picture of life, it really is just baseball. We will go today and on Wednesday and will be sad when it ends.

October26
09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
We just relaxed and had a fun time last night at the cell. The fireworks were nice. Too bad it hasn't been a better season for the Sox but in the bigger picture of life, it really is just baseball. We will go today and on Wednesday and will be sad when it ends.

Good for you! :smile:

I will also miss White Sox baseball when it ends. :(:

Nellie_Fox
09-26-2011, 01:05 AM
We just relaxed and had a fun time last night at the cell. The fireworks were nice. Too bad it hasn't been a better season for the Sox but in the bigger picture of life, it really is just baseball. We will go today and on Wednesday and will be sad when it ends.:thumbsup: :nod: