PDA

View Full Version : Diamondbacks win the NL West

hi im skot
09-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Chris Young with a key hit and JJ Putz nails down the save.

Love to see them and the Brewers do some damage in October.

MarySwiss
09-24-2011, 12:25 AM
Yay, D'Backs! At least now I have some reason to care about the postseason. :smile:

PKalltheway
09-24-2011, 02:54 AM
What a remarkable turnaround. They lost 97 games last year, now they're the NL West champs. Hats off to Kirk Gibson and company for pulling this off.

Also, this is their 5th division title in just 13 years of existence. Simply remarkable.

Medford Bobby
09-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Yay, D'Backs! At least now I have some reason to care about the postseason. :smile:
Same here....planning a playoff game to attend here soon!!!:bandance:

TommyJohn
09-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm the best ****in' manager in the whole history of ****in' baseball, bitches! Suck on it! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I hit the most famous ****in' home run in ****in' World Series history! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Now I'll make the most famous manager move in World Series history! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

*Random, Happy Fan*

Congratulations, Kirk! I know you'll get 'em in the playoffs! (Goes to shake hand)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! (shoves fan away) Hands off me, worm! No one touches the Kirk! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Zakath
09-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Good feat for a team whose salary is 1/4 of what the Yankees are shelling out...

GoGoCrede
09-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Always had a soft spot for them. Congrats. And I think they have the best team name in baseball, as an aside.

GoSox2K3
09-28-2011, 02:29 PM
What a remarkable turnaround. They lost 97 games last year, now they're the NL West champs. Hats off to Kirk Gibson and company for pulling this off.

Also, this is their 5th division title in just 13 years of existence. Simply remarkable.

I haven't been following the D-Backs closely enough to know - but how did they manage the turnaround from losing 97 games last year to being division champs this year?

What acquisitions made the difference for them? Or was it that they had young talent last year that wasn't quite ready to compete?