PDA

View Full Version : Manny tells Scott Boras he is no longer retired

Fenway
09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/manny-ramirez-will-seek-reinstatement-to-mlb-says-he-was-not-ready-for-retirement.html

Of course there is the little matter of the 100 game suspension to deal with. :tongue:

The way it played out Manny really hurt Tampa Bay by getting caught a second time. He most likely would have helped win 4 or 5 games this season and that might have put them in the playoffs.

PKalltheway
09-23-2011, 09:39 AM
The way it played out Manny really hurt Tampa Bay by getting caught a second time. He most likely would have helped win 4 or 5 games this season and that might have put them in the playoffs.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the Rays started to play much better after Manny left. He wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Noneck
09-23-2011, 10:15 AM
He most likely would have helped win 4 or 5 games this season and that might have put them in the playoffs.

Just like he won some games when on the Sox:rolleyes:

Hes your guy, you can have him back.

Bobby Thigpen
09-23-2011, 10:23 AM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/09/manny-ramirez-will-seek-reinstatement-to-mlb-says-he-was-not-ready-for-retirement.html

Of course there is the little matter of the 100 game suspension to deal with. :tongue:

Manny was and still is, done. He wouldn't have helped them win anything.

FarmerAndy
09-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't think it's a coincidence that the Rays started to play much better after Manny left. He wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

They started playing better after he left??? He left during the first week of the season.

I'm not saying I think they would've won more games with him. (I think he was done.) But to say that the Rays played better after he left....... well, that just doesn't work. The whole season was after he left.

soxfanatlanta
09-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Let him in so he can fail a third test and be banned for life.

Nellie_Fox
09-24-2011, 12:04 AM
He can un-retire all he wants. Just like Bonds, no one will come calling.