PDA

View Full Version : They GOT to be kidding

Fenway
09-22-2011, 11:21 PM
:?::scratch::tongue:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/wrigley-special-events?utm_medium=PTN&utm_source=ferris&utm_campaign=cubs&partnerId=ed-5315508-223841930

doublem23
09-23-2011, 12:15 AM
:?::scratch::tongue:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/wrigley-special-events?utm_medium=PTN&utm_source=ferris&utm_campaign=cubs&partnerId=ed-5315508-223841930

Kidding about what? They're playing the movie at Wrigley. Who the hell cares?

kittle42
09-23-2011, 12:22 AM
If they played Fever Pitch at Fenway Park, there would be a thread about how great it is.

thomas35forever
09-23-2011, 12:45 AM
I don't have a problem with it. I think it'd be a fun idea for an outing.

SoxSpeed22
09-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Well it's not like they're doing anything in October anyway.
Yeah, same for us, but it had to be said. It is also one easy way to make money for repairs.

DSpivack
If they played Fever Pitch at Fenway Park, there would be a thread about how great it is.

It wouldn't make sense to show it at Fenway, as Arsenal is a rival of Liverpool, and John Henry/Fenway Sports owns Liverpool.

As for Ferris Bueller, it's the perfect movie to show there as the game day scenes show off a closed upper deck.

Noneck
Makes about as much sense as having a bridal festival in the boston sewer.

DSpivack
09-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Makes about as much sense as having a bridal festival in the boston sewer.

Well, the Filene's Basement wedding dress rush started off in Boston, and the store is named that way because the original location is in a basement-- closer to the sewers, I suppose.

Noneck
09-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, the Filene's Basement wedding dress rush started off in Boston, and the store is named that way because the original location is in a basement-- closer to the sewers, I suppose.

Well the perfect cesspool was located.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/bridal_festival.jsp

DSpivack
09-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Well the perfect cesspool was located.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/bos/ticketing/bridal_festival.jsp

I noticed that they have 'State Days', as the team's fans are from all over New England. Makes sense. Except that one of the states is Cape Cod. :scratch:

g0g0
09-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Why would you ever want to host something fun for your fans? :rolleyes:

I see no problem with this whatsoever and I know other venues that have done the same thing.

Fenway
09-23-2011, 09:50 AM
I noticed that they have 'State Days', as the team's fans are from all over New England. Makes sense. Except that one of the states is Cape Cod. :scratch:

People who live on the Cape year round treat it like a state of their own. In the summer the Cape is just as much NY as Boston.

DSpivack
09-23-2011, 10:38 AM
People who live on the Cape year round treat it like a state of their own. In the summer the Cape is just as much NY as Boston.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't make it a state.

white sox bill
09-23-2011, 12:13 PM
That organization will try any gimmicks to get butts in those seats!

DumpJerry
09-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Who has to be kidding?

The Indians show movies after games on the weekends on the scoreboard. It's a pretty cool experience. You can move to any seat in the stadium (including right behind Home) or pay something like $10 to go on the outfield grass and they will set you up with popcorn and food for a picnic while your kids run around like they're Grady Sizemore. The one time they did it when I was there, they showed "The Natural." I did not think they were kidding.

34 Inch Stick
09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
pay something like $10 to go on the outfield grass and they will set you up with popcorn and food for a picnic while your kids run around like they're Grady Sizemore. .

I hate when my son rips off his diaper in public.

Goose
09-23-2011, 02:32 PM

Cats and dogs living together

Whitesox029
09-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Who has to be kidding?

The Indians show movies after games on the weekends on the scoreboard. It's a pretty cool experience. You can move to any seat in the stadium (including right behind Home) or pay something like $10 to go on the outfield grass and they will set you up with popcorn and food for a picnic while your kids run around like they're Grady Sizemore. The one time they did it when I was there, they showed "The Natural." I did not think they were kidding.
Of course, the Indians have a video screen to show it on. I assume the Cubs are going to have to bring in a giant projector.
Ferris Bueller is a pretty good movie, but I will always hold a grudge against it for glorifying my two least favorite sports teams on the planet. The Wrigley scene is understandable, because the Cubs are a Chicago team. The Gordie Howe jersey, however, is senseless blasphemy of the highest order.

DSpivack
09-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Of course, the Indians have a video screen to show it on. I assume the Cubs are going to have to bring in a giant projector.
Ferris Bueller is a pretty good movie, but I will always hold a grudge against it for glorifying my two least favorite sports teams on the planet. The Wrigley scene is understandable, because the Cubs are a Chicago team. The Gordie Howe jersey, however, is senseless blasphemy of the highest order.

As I've said, I love seeing that clip for one reason: the closed upper-deck in the background.

DumpJerry
09-25-2011, 06:46 PM
The Wrigley scene is understandable because the Sox were on the road the day they were scheduled to shoot the scene. John Hughes was a Sox fan.

Lip Man 1
09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Typical Sox luck isn't it?

Lip

Brian26
09-25-2011, 07:22 PM
It's not a bad idea.

RowanDye
09-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Maybe the White Sox can show "My Best Friend's Wedding" during the rest of the home games as alternative entertainment?

QueerGirrl
09-26-2011, 12:30 PM
I hate when my son rips off his diaper in public.

When I read this I thought of the funny line from Raising Arizona: "You take that diaper off your head and put it back on your sister!"

Oh sorry....:offtopic:

#1swisher
09-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Get to your seats by 7pm to be part of the world record of Most People Singing In The Round.

Practice your "Danke Schoen"! :tongue:

Foulke You
09-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Maybe the White Sox can show "My Best Friend's Wedding" during the rest of the home games as alternative entertainment?
"Field of Dreams" has a distinct White Sox flavor to it.

DSpivack
09-26-2011, 04:08 PM

Also, Only The Lonely with John Candy.

johnnyg83
09-27-2011, 12:59 AM
Also, Only The Lonely with John Candy.

Eight Men Out too

Mohoney
09-27-2011, 05:23 AM

"The Sox traded Bullfrog!"

Play that at the ballpark on Christmas day, and I'll be there with bells on.

NardiWasHere
09-27-2011, 11:08 AM
They should play "The Ladies Man"

Bruizer
09-27-2011, 01:29 PM

The article says they'll set up three 30-foot screens along the infield grass line facing the bleachers. People will be allowed to sit in the outfield grass or the bleachers. Sounds like a lot of fun! :cool:

Frontman
09-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I have zero problem with this too. It's a revenue making experience for the Cubs, allow them to make some money.

To me, it was more annoying for them to have the Winter Classic there a few years back. They acted as if all of Chicago was there or wanted to be there. I would of rather seen them host it at Soldier Field; as that is a stadium that is more Chicago than Wrigley.

1908<2005
09-29-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm sure nobody would have a problem if the White Sox did this with The Natural or something. Wouldn't surprise me if they do it to create revenue in the next year.

TomBradley72
09-30-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm sure nobody would have a problem if the White Sox did this with The Natural or something. Wouldn't surprise me if they do it to create revenue in the next year.

I'd prefer "The Stratton Story" or "Eight Men Out". :cool:

FielderJones
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM

Yeah, sure, go with tragedy instead of the comedy. :tongue:

cards press box
10-02-2011, 01:51 AM

The Stratton Story would be fine. I tried to think of baseball films that touch on the White Sox. I came up with the following:

Ladies' Day (1942)
The Stratton Story (1949)
Eight Men Out (1988)
Field of Dreams (1989)
Pastime (1991)

Of this group, I would vote for a double feature of The Stratton Story and Pastime.

cub killer
10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I heard they're gonna show this movie NINE times.

QueerGirrl
10-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I heard they're gonna show this movie NINE times.

NINE times? :cool:

pythons007
10-03-2011, 01:19 PM
The Stratton Story would be fine. I tried to think of baseball films that touch on the White Sox. I came up with the following:

Ladies' Day (1942)
The Stratton Story (1949)
Eight Men Out (1988)
Field of Dreams (1989)
Pastime (1991)

Of this group, I would vote for a double feature of The Stratton Story and Pastime.

Marjor League II