PDA

View Full Version : 9/20 Postgame Thread Game 1

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2011, 03:04 PM
There was a game this afternoon in case people did not know. Indians won 4-3. Did not see but I am guessing the WSox stranded a lot of guys.

SoxSpeed22
09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
At least Dunn is starting to hit. It might be a confidence booster for him.

guillensdisciple
09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
I honestly don't think anyone saw this game.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2011, 03:09 PM

It is a make-up but I think if there was importance to it, people would have watched it.

Foulke You
09-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I saw a little of it during my lunchtime workout at the gym. Floyd didn't pitch horribly but hung his curve a few times and the Tribe hit it out of the park each time. Dunn having two doubles is good to see. It would be nice if he starts to get his head on straight now going into next season rather than trying to do it all during Spring Training of next year.

In the 4 innings I saw, the Sox stranded a ton of runners as usual and hit into our "per the norm" lineout/popout double plays to end the threats. It's so tiresome to see this offense waste chances day after day. This is the one thing the Sox have been consistent at all year.

jdm2662
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
I did not see the game (and not sure more than ten people did). I thought I saw a stat where Dunn was hitting over .300 against the Indians, and like .150 or so against everyone else. I also remember he got the SAC fly in Peavy's CG shutout, and he hit the ball that was dropped in CF that allowed the Sox to score a few runs. So yes, if he hit like he did all season as he did against CLE, or even remotely close to it, he would've been awesome...

KyWhiSoxFan
09-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Dunn is starting to heat up at just the right time, for the stretch run. Oh, wait, the Sox were left at the gate. Never mind.

slavko
09-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Dunn is starting to heat up at just the right time, for the stretch run. Oh, wait, the Sox were left at the gate. Never mind.

More like pulled up lame after 5 furlongs, or dwelled, if we have to go Past Performances on this one. (I noted where you live.)

Foulke You
09-20-2011, 04:31 PM
I did not see the game (and not sure more than ten people did). I thought I saw a stat where Dunn was hitting over .300 against the Indians, and like .150 or so against everyone else. I also remember he got the SAC fly in Peavy's CG shutout, and he hit the ball that was dropped in CF that allowed the Sox to score a few runs. So yes, if he hit like he did all season as he did against CLE, or even remotely close to it, he would've been awesome...
He also hit a 3 run dinger on Opening Day in Cleveland. The future of this team looked so much brighter then. :(:

jdm2662
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
He also hit a 3 run dinger on Opening Day in Cleveland. The future of this team looked so much brighter then. :(:

I didn't expect them to score 14 runs in five innings very often during the season, but it was a nice start for sure. Too bad the rest of the season wasn't quite as fun...

LITTLE NELL
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM

I watched the whole enchilada.

tstrike2000
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
I watched the whole enchilada.

Did it give you gas?

LITTLE NELL
09-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Did it give you gas?

The usual heartburn after another loss.

Brian26
09-20-2011, 05:37 PM
I didn't expect them to score 14 runs in five innings very often during the season, but it was a nice start for sure. Too bad the rest of the season wasn't quite as fun...

I should have saved that game on my dvr. Who knew the highlight of the 162 game season would be the first game?

Tragg
09-20-2011, 05:50 PM
The only interesting thing I'm seeing in these box scores (and it isn't much) is that Morel is starting to walk. He's amassed over half his season walk total in pretty much the last 2 weeks. And he's faced some legitimate ML pitchers in that span, too, including Verlander.

Not a single position player substitution in this game. Keep playing Juan, Oz.

Frater Perdurabo
09-20-2011, 08:08 PM
The only interesting thing I'm seeing in these box scores (and it isn't much) is that Morel is starting to walk. He's amassed over half his season walk total in pretty much the last 2 weeks. And he's faced some legitimate ML pitchers in that span, too, including Verlander.

He's also slugging at a nice rate. His OPS for September is 1.076.

A. Cavatica
09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, this gives me hope that Dunn will go on a tear next September, after we miss the playoffs by 17 games.