PDA

View Full Version : Sound Familiar???

SCCWS
09-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Red Sox fans and media continue to jump on the signing of Carl Crawford. Now he has not tanked as bad as Dunn but it is ironic that even some sportswriters are getting on Theo for the signing. Heck Crawford didn't change leagues, he didn't even change divisions. If the Rays less Crawford ever win the Wildcard the venom in Boston will get stronger.
Maybe a Dunn for Crawford swap in the offseason will surface...............

asindc
09-20-2011, 07:59 AM
It also sounds familiar to....

Burnett to the NYY;
Zito to SF;
Matthews, Jr. to LAAAAAA;
Hunter to LAAAAAA;
Soriano to Cubs;
Beltran to NYM;
Giambi to NYY; and...

... numerous other FA signings over the years for lessor amounts.

DSpivack
09-20-2011, 08:38 AM
It also sounds familiar to....

Burnett to the NYY;
Zito to SF;
Matthews, Jr. to LAAAAAA;
Hunter to LAAAAAA;
Soriano to Cubs;
Beltran to NYM;
Giambi to NYY; and...

... numerous other FA signings over the years for lessor amounts.

Beltran I wouldn't necessarily include there. He's performed fine as a Met, he's just had injury problems.

soxfanatlanta
09-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Red Sox fans and media continue to jump on the signing of Carl Crawford. Now he has not tanked as bad as Dunn but it is ironic that even some sportswriters are getting on Theo for the signing. Heck Crawford didn't change leagues, he didn't even change divisions. If the Rays less Crawford ever win the Wildcard the venom in Boston will get stronger.

One big difference: Crawford is useful in the outfield.

asindc
09-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Beltran I wouldn't necessarily include there. He's performed fine as a Met, he's just had injury problems.

Agreed. I just included him because the injuries prevented NYM from getting their money's worth.

Foulke You
09-20-2011, 03:19 PM
I would never do that deal. Crawford's contract is way worse than Dunn's. 7 years and $142 million total with 6 years remaining.:o: Dunn's contract was 4 years $56 million with only 3 years remaining. I'd rather keep Dunn and hope for a rebound in 2012.

SCCWS
09-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I would never do that deal. Crawford's contract is way worse than Dunn's. 7 years and $142 million total with 6 years remaining.:o: Dunn's contract was 4 years $56 million with only 3 years remaining. I'd rather keep Dunn and hope for a rebound in 2012.

I was kidding on the trade. At this point, Dunn is a one-dimensional player and that one doesn't even work. Dunn is a DH who cannot hit. There won't be many takers for him at any price.

Oblong
09-20-2011, 06:24 PM
And if anyone cared about the Nationals you'd throw Werth up there too.