PDA

View Full Version : Garland continues to mature

duke of dorwood
07-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Seems to have a mentality like Buehrle. Glad they left him in, and he deserves the win. ON A SUNDAY TOO.

DonkeyKongerko
07-14-2002, 03:45 PM
white sox win on a sunday? by scoring 3 times in the 8th inning?? on the road..??? the ship aint sunk yet.

ChiWhiteSox1337
07-14-2002, 03:48 PM
yeah, nice start, maggs got some hits, carlos played great, valentin stepped up when we needed him, I liked this game.

BuehrleACE56
07-14-2002, 04:26 PM
It was a great game and I would love to be optimistic about the season because of it, but the inconsitencies of this ball club make that very difficult. Garland showed a lot of maturity. Usually the would have been yanked in that 3-run 5th and then it would have been up to the 'pen. But he pitched out of it and then went two more. He looked good. He is the future #2 behind Buehrle. It's starting to come together for those two. They're the real deal.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 04:26 PM
I'm glad Garland is doing well. I have him on my Yahoo fantasy team. It's nice to see that one of my decisions is paying off. For the record, I don't tinker. I just change who is pitching each day and leave everything else alone. And my team is doing well, even though I have Crede in a utility slot, and he hasn't played all year. LOL!

sox_fan_forever
07-14-2002, 07:47 PM
I was wondering how Garland did today. I didn't get to see any of today's game. It sounds like he looked good though so that's good. He has really seemed to be coming together lately.

RedPinStripes
07-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Nardi helped him a lot. After he left the mound, Garland didn't give up a hit with the bases loded. He just drilled the batter with the bases loaded.