PTC = Rios w/ garbage time solo homer.

Where were you April thru July, Alex?

Tragg
09-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Not a whole lot of fight tonight.

May I suggest, again, the call-ups.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2011, 09:30 PM
These buffoons might not win a game the rest of the season.

Talk about mailing it in.

If they want to 'save' Ozzie's job they need to get their ass in gear (then again maybe they don't.)

Talk about a ****ing embarrassment.

Voodoo might be right, maybe they need to be concerned about the starting pitching next year. Humber has shown nothing in the 2nd half and Stewart, save for one game has shown nothing.

That could be 40% of your rotation friends.

Lip

soxfanatlanta
09-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Voodoo might be right, maybe they need to be concerned about the starting pitching next year. Humber has shown nothing in the 2nd half and Stewart, save for one game has shown nothing.

Lip

Please stop, this year is depressing enough.

central44
09-17-2011, 09:50 PM
If they want to 'save' Ozzie's job they need to get their ass in gear (then again maybe they don't.)

I was actually thinking about this earlier--usually when a coach/manager is on the hotseat, you always hear the obligatory "he's a great coach" stories from the players.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall hearing any of the players stick up for Ozzie. Combined with the apathetic play all season long, it really does feel like Ozzie has lost this team.

DirtySox
09-17-2011, 09:51 PM

Lip

Meh. I don't expect next years team to be very competitive anyhow. Especially considering the looming payroll cuts that will be made. Much will have to go right to be in contention I'm fearing.

tebman
09-17-2011, 09:53 PM

I'd like to, but I was committed to write the Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4216) tonight. This evening's essay is a study in ennui.

:shrug:

SoxSpeed22
09-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Tanking for a better draft pick

DirtySox
09-17-2011, 10:47 PM

The Sox have moved from 18th to 14th over the last week or so.

samurai_sox
09-17-2011, 11:32 PM

What's the point?

Kenny is still in charge so the Sox won't do anything with a high pick anyway. :whiner:

Hitmen77
09-18-2011, 12:00 AM
These buffoons might not win a game the rest of the season.

Talk about mailing it in.

Talk about a ****ing embarrassment.

Lip

You nailed it, Lip:

What a ****ing embarrassment......and possibly say hello to 2/5th of next year's rotation. I think declining attendance and fat contracts to Dunn, Rios, and Peavy plus failure to develop home grown talent are going to totally kill the Sox's chances for next year.

KW really painted himself into a corner and the Sox (as usual) have an embarrassingly bad minor league system on which to look to for affordable talent.

I hope the Sox realize that you can't expect to be competitive very often just by hoping to build a winner on scrap heap pick ups and overpaying for flawed players like Dunn and Rios.

But at least JR stepped in to save Walker's job and Ozzie is the face of the franchise.:rolleyes:

What a ****ing joke this team has become. Who in Sox management is not at fault again?

Players::whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag::sleep:
Management: :fail::dunce::fail:
Fans: :anon::anon::anon::angry:

thomas35forever
09-18-2011, 12:09 AM
There was a game tonight?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Well, this is going to be fun watching the rest of this season play out. A dead duck team playing for a lame duck manager...thrilling.

We're currently in MLB hell...a team with nothing to play for, with no prospects to analyze, and the few young guys that get playing time are being exposed more and more. BY THE FREAKING ROYALS.

I want to go to bed, wake up, and find out that this season is all a bad dream, and that Adam Dunn is really hitting .265 with 46 homers and 123 RBI, Konerko is .316 with 35 and 115, Rios isn't complete garbage, Beckham is finally producing like he was projected to, Juan Pierre is leading the league in steals, and the Sox pitching staff is pitching extraordinarily well en route to a 8 game lead on the Tigers, with a chance to clinch sometime in the next few days.

But, alas. That thought makes me salivate, but the game is telling me differently...

God, this season ****ing sucks hard. :whiner:

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2011, 01:39 AM
There was a game tonight?Oh, stop it.

captain54
09-18-2011, 01:46 AM
We're currently in MLB hell...a team with nothing to play for, with no prospects to analyze, and the few young guys that get playing time are being exposed more and more. BY THE FREAKING ROYALS.

I guess if you really look at it from a positive standpoint, at least the Sox are out of it this year..I mean REALLY out of it. My fear was that if the Sox hung around with this bad bunch of mopes and teased us till mid Sept, the organization would spin it that the Sox hung around even with all the "underperforming"... no chance of that happening now, Detroit took care of that.

The organization has nothing left to spin and is left exposed. As far as I'm concerned, the season was over long, long ago.

rpmorri
09-18-2011, 01:53 AM

Then this will hurt. I'm calling this now: the Scrubs will win more games then the Sux by season's end. If that ends up being the case, NOBODY should be retained.

Noneck
09-18-2011, 01:55 AM
I guess if you really look at it from a positive standpoint, at least the Sox are out of it this year..I mean REALLY out of it. My fear was that if the Sox hung around with this bad bunch of mopes and teased us till mid Sept, the organization would spin it that the Sox hung around even with all the "underperforming"... no chance of that happening now, Detroit took care of that.

The organization has nothing left to spin and is left exposed. As far as I'm concerned, the season was over long, long ago.

The Sox have no one to spin for next year also. In previous years they always had a up and comer or two, next year no one. They have one guy that is worth any ink and with no money to get anyone to hype, I have no idea how they can put a positive spin through the media for next year.

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2011, 02:10 AM
Then this will hurt. I'm calling this now: the Scrubs will win more games then the Sux by season's end. If that ends up being the case, NOBODY should be retained.Let me warn you ONE TIME that if you EVER use this Cubs fan term for the White Sox again, my wrath will be boundless. And learn the difference between then and than.

LITTLE NELL
09-18-2011, 06:14 AM
There was a game tonight?

Yes and no.

Zakath
09-18-2011, 06:48 AM
The Sox are 5-12 in September, with only 4 of those losses being even close (all one-run games). The other 8 were by at least 4 runs each.

4 more losses, and we'll continue the string of having losing seasons every other year since winning it all in 2005.

PaleHoser
09-18-2011, 07:26 AM
I was actually thinking about this earlier--usually when a coach/manager is on the hotseat, you always hear the obligatory "he's a great coach" stories from the players.

That's a very interesting point. Ozzie at least has a contract for next year. None of the coaches do, and no one is speaking up for them either.

No contract + no second place bonus = tough Christmas on the coach's kids this year.

Chez
09-18-2011, 10:23 AM
This is embarrassing. And Chen starts today for KC.

VMSNS
09-18-2011, 10:51 AM
This is embarrassing. And Chen starts today for KC.

:bundy