PDA

View Full Version : Today's White Sox Weekly Show on the Score

BainesHOF
09-17-2011, 12:42 PM
It was actually an enjoyable listen. Mark Grote, who I think is actually a Cubs fan, talked intelligently about the team off the cuff and actually let callers express their thoughts without interrupting them by an apologist host trying to derail negative points. It may not have been a coincidence that the quality of calls was higher than normal. Anyway, it was a nice change.

Lip Man 1
09-17-2011, 12:47 PM
Is this guy a fill in for Chris today? Does he work at the station?

What was the tone of the callers?

Lip

captain54
09-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Of all years to pick being a manufacturer of excuses for the organization. Bad timing, dude

spongyfungy
09-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Man, you really hate Ranger, don't you?

October26
09-17-2011, 01:17 PM
It was actually an enjoyable listen. Mark Grote, who I think is actually a Cubs fan, talked intelligently about the team off the cuff and actually let callers express their thoughts without interrupting them by an apologist host trying to derail negative points. It may not have been a coincidence that the quality of calls was higher than normal. Anyway, it was a nice change.

Funny you should mention this. I tune in every Saturday and enjoy listening to White Sox weekly with Chris Rongey. Today, when I heard a different voice, I wondered who's this guy? I was extremely irritated by today's host because he seemed to be "sarcastically relishing" the sad state of the Sox and their demise this year. He laughed during most of the time that I tuned in and I'm sorry but that just rubbed me the wrong way. I would have been happy with an objective host but that's not what I heard earlier today.

I listened for about 30 minutes and turned it off. Hope Rongey returns soon.

doublem23
09-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I also regularly do things that upset me and then complain about them to other people.

captain54
09-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Good Lord, it's sports. Where you get hate from my opinion and comment I have no clue. Unless you are exaggerating in order to make some point

Brian26
09-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Funny you should mention this. I tune in every Saturday and enjoy listening to White Sox weekly with Chris Rongey. Today, when I heard a different voice, I wondered who's this guy? I was extremely irritated by today's host because he seemed to be "sarcastically relishing" the sad state of the Sox and their demise this year. He laughed during most of the time that I tuned in and I'm sorry but that just rubbed me the wrong way. I would have been happy with an objective host but that's not what I heard earlier today.

I listened for about 30 minutes and turned it off. Hope Rongey returns soon.

This is the hornet's nest that the Sox opened with the piss-poor decision to move their flagship from ESPN to WSCR after 2005. It was a naive, ignorant decision that's been a train-wreck from the first month of the new contract, driving John Rooney out of town, making asses out of Cooper and Guillen in their forced interview segments, along with the constant mocking of the announcers and ownership on the mid-day and afternoon shows.

I like Chris Rongey though. He's a class-act compared to the other buffoon's on that station.

Marqhead
09-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Good Lord, it's sports. Where you get hate from my opinion and comment I have no clue. Unless you are exaggerating in order to make some point

He's talking about the OP.

captain54
09-17-2011, 01:56 PM
He's talking about the OP.

If that's the case there's a feature called "quote". It's helpful. Try it

BainesHOF
09-17-2011, 06:01 PM

I don't hate him. I just think he sucks as the host of the postgame and weekly show. If you honestly think the shows are a good listen then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think a Major League team in a major market deserves much better.

SI1020
09-17-2011, 06:18 PM
This is the hornet's nest that the Sox opened with the piss-poor decision to move their flagship from ESPN to WSCR after 2005. It was a naive, ignorant decision that's been a train-wreck from the first month of the new contract, driving John Rooney out of town, making asses out of Cooper and Guillen in their forced interview segments, along with the constant mocking of the announcers and ownership on the mid-day and afternoon shows.

I like Chris Rongey though. He's a class-act compared to the other buffoon's on that station. I think that Reinsdorf interview with Carmen and Silvy had a lot to do with it.

Jerko
09-17-2011, 06:22 PM

Sorry I missed it. I usually tune out until the first pitch and after the final out.

DumpJerry
09-17-2011, 09:34 PM
He said he was a Cub fan but admitted that the '83 Sox were an exciting team to watch when he started his interview of Kittle (today is the anniversary of the '83 team clinching the division).