PDA

View Full Version : Yankees fed up with Henson?

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 03:58 PM
How soon till he's traded for another big name player?

There continue to be rumblings that Drew Henson is available and that the Yankees have become frustrated by his progress. "This is the first time in my life that I've had as many as 350 at-bats," says Henson, who is hitting .254 with 11 HRs but only 19 walks in 311 at-bats. "Pitch recognition has been a tough thing to learn, but I'm getting there. I have to grind and work my way through this." Henson had some throwing problems, which his former manager and favorite coach Brian Butterfield says "came from thinking too much. It's not 'the thing,' Drew just trying too hard. He's a great kid and worker and will be fine." ...

Paulwny
07-14-2002, 04:06 PM
So much for the yankmee propaganda about their great scouting, they paid this guy $10 mil to be a yankmee. Of course $10 mil is pocket change to King George. Fans of other teams would be out raged to see $10 mil go down the drain.

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
So much for the yankmee propaganda about their great scouting, they paid this guy $10 mil to be a yankmee. Of course $10 mil is pocket change to King George. Fans of other teams would be out raged to see $10 mil go down the drain.

How soon till they send him to Philly for Scott Rolen?

Paulwny
07-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

How soon till they send him to Philly for Scott Rolen?

LOL,
Torre has told King George he needs a good bench player to play 3rd when he rests Robin.

duke of dorwood
07-14-2002, 04:38 PM
How soon til KW sends Crede to NY for Henson?