PDA

View Full Version : Still going?

thechico
09-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Now that the Sox have been eliminated from the 2011 contest, will you attend any games for the rest of the season?

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I'd go, if only for one last nacho helmet before the season ends.

chisoxfanatic
09-16-2011, 08:22 AM
I've been to 3 games this year, and that's it for me.

Dan H
09-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I am not going and that's not just because they have been eliminated. Many years I've been at the ball park after the team was eliminated. I just can't stand looking at this team.

Jerko
09-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Going to the last game for sure. Maybe one other besides that.

Chez
09-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I already have tickets to two more games and am planning to attend. The challenge will be to find someone to go with me!

vinny
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
I still need to go to the stadium and pick up my Roger Brossard bobblehead. Maybe I'll stay for a game if the price is right.

tebman
09-16-2011, 09:37 AM
I've got tickets for the 9/28 final game, which is going to be final in so many ways, I'm afraid.

I've also got a Roger Bossard bobblehead coupon to redeem from the 6/12 game. If I don't get to the ballpark sooner I'll pick it up on the 28th.

But yeah, I'll keep going. It's all been said about this year's team so I won't belabor it. I just like going to the ballpark. Baseball games, even diappointing ones, make me feel good.

doublem23
09-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Should be some good deals on StubHub for the last week. Make a "Have Fun in Miami, Ozzie" sign. Eat one last nacho helmet.

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I've been to 3 games this year, and that's it for me.

Glad you didn't overdo it this year!

I've got tickets for the 9/28 final game, which is going to be final in so many ways, I'm afraid.

I've also got a Roger Bossard bobblehead coupon to redeem from the 6/12 game. If I don't get to the ballpark sooner I'll pick it up on the 28th.

But yeah, I'll keep going. It's all been said about this year's team so I won't belabor it. I just like going to the ballpark. Baseball games, even disappointing ones, make me feel good.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Thanks for putting it into words for me, my friend.

TomBradley72
09-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Going to the last game for sure. Maybe one other besides that.

+1

For some reason I've always liked going to the last game of the year- I don't really know why-

doublem23
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
+1

For some reason I've always liked going to the last game of the year- I don't really know why-

Probably the same reason people like watching car wrecks.

ChiSoxGirl
09-16-2011, 10:36 AM
+1

Me, too, but with it being a Wednesday afternoon this year, it's impossible for me to do that.

I like going because I like to stay for awhile after the game ends and just take in my surroundings, reflect back on the fun times I had at the ballpark that year and usually get sentimental while watching whatever montage the Sox have put together to commemorate the season. I know this year was an epic fail, but at least I have fun times and good personal memories from going to the ballpark this season. That is what I choose to focus on.

GlassSox
09-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Yes :?:

Max Power
09-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I can't believe I've only made it to two games this season. I attended six non-White Sox games this summer (Blue Jays, Brewers, Cubs, Giants, Mariners, Red Sox). I can't remember the last time I didn't attend at least five White Sox games in a season. I guess that shows how disenchanted I was with this year's team. I've been thinking for the past month that I wanted to get to one more game this season, but I have no motivation to make that happen. Maybe the Tuesday Toronto game if I can get tickets at an extreme discount.

DumpJerry
09-16-2011, 12:19 PM
The poll option I would have selected was not listed: why not? Can't beat fun at the 'ole ballpark and I have tickets already anyway.

It's nice and relaxing when you don't have to worry about every pitch determining whether or not there will be October baseball.

GoGoCrede
09-16-2011, 12:47 PM
No, although I'd love to. I just don't have the funds and I'll be pretty busy most weeknights until October. This will be a break from my new tradition of always going to the first and last home games. :(:

johnny bench
09-16-2011, 12:57 PM
The poll option I would have selected was not listed: why not? Can't beat fun at the 'ole ballpark and I have tickets already anyway.

It's nice and relaxing when you don't have to worry about every pitch determining whether or not there will be October baseball.

Me too. I have tix for three more games and plan to attend all of them.

downstairs
09-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Nope!

...I live 900 miles away

voodoochile
09-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I voted for the second option. To be clear, I cannot attend any Sox games as I live in CA and at the moment I'm not even watching the games on my MLB.TV package. However I would go to a game or two to have some fun if I lived in Chicago and could get cheap tickets. A live baseball game is still fun by itself even if the team you are rooting for is out of it and sucks.

GlassSox
09-16-2011, 05:46 PM

Same for me.

Foulke You
09-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I'll be going to one last game on the home stand with the wife. Probably the Saturday KC game with fireworks. It's a long winter in Chicago and I'll need my baseball fix in before the snow shovel comes out.

kevingrt
09-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm going to one more game... Buehrle's last start in a White Sox uniform.

StillMissOzzie
09-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Somewhat misleading options, since I had the tickets already. I had to get one more game to use my Roger Bossard boobblehead vouchers. Now, if we were talking about another game besides that one, no, I don't think I'd go.

SMO
:gulp: