PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie lashes out at MLB Tonight

thomas35forever
09-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Just read these. If his act hasn't gotten old enough, well...
http://twitter.com/#!/OzzieGuillen

Lip Man 1
09-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't think these are as serious as some of the things he's said in the past (about Sox fans for example...) but honestly I don't know what he's trying to accomplish.

It's almost like he's become self destructive. Could something be wrong mentally right now with Ozzie?

He's reminding me more and more of the TV character House.

Lip

TheOldRoman
09-16-2011, 09:24 AM
If Ozzie were smart he would pull back the reins a little. He should accept his fate as the next mananger of the Marlins and give the press nothing but big smiles and adorably incorrigible quotes for the next two weeks. Going down in flames doesn't make sense if you are planning on managing next season. Ozzie is going to make things worse when he drops the inevitible pipebomb on the team, shredding everyone in the organization and airing dirty laundry after getting fired/traded.

LITTLE NELL
09-16-2011, 10:54 AM
What a soap opera this is turning out to be. We have had enough of this circus.
If JR has any brains at all he would tell this buffoon to pack his bags without any further delay.

all*star quentin
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
You got a lot of explaining, to do.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/7688/ozzie-guillen-explains-his-latest-twitter-rant

russ99
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
What's he supposed to say?

"We are all a bunch of quitters, we suck, we should just forfeit the rest of the games"...

I hope all you who don't like an outspoken manager get exactly what you deserve with our next manager, surely to be someone who's bland, says nothing but the same old tired cliche's and is an organization mouthpiece.

captain54
09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I hope all you who don't like an outspoken manager get exactly what you deserve with our next manager, surely to be someone who's bland, says nothing but the same old tired cliche's .

I'm already feeling like the current manager is feeding the same old tired cliche's

SI1020
09-20-2011, 07:36 PM

"We are all a bunch of quitters, we suck, we should just forfeit the rest of the games"...

I hope all you who don't like an outspoken manager get exactly what you deserve with our next manager, surely to be someone who's bland, says nothing but the same old tired cliche's and is an organization mouthpiece. There is nothing particularly endearing about Ozzie at this point. As I said in another thread enough of this beatdown of a year already. Ozzie please go away. Basta por hoy.

southside rocks
09-20-2011, 09:36 PM

I hope all you who don't like an outspoken manager get exactly what you deserve with our next manager, surely to be someone who's bland, says nothing but the same old tired cliche's and is an organization mouthpiece.

Agree.

And for those tired of Ozzie, why in the world would you choose to follow him on Twitter?

GoSox2K3
09-21-2011, 07:59 AM

There's more to the world than people like Ozzie and people who "say nothing but the same tired old cliches".

What do people "deserve" anyway?:scratch: Fans want a winning team. It's all about winning. It's not all about how colorful our manager is. I don't care if the new manager is super boring as long as he gets results. ....and what exactly are you hoping for? Are you hoping the Sox suck next year because you think the colorfulness of the manager's personality is the key to on-field success? Yeah! I hope the Sox stink so that you Ozzie haters get what you "deserve"!:rolleyes:

This is just more of Russ flinging poo at anyone who doesn't like Ozzie.

Oh, and by the way, "cliches" doesn't have an apostrophe.

russ99
09-21-2011, 01:57 PM
There's more to the world than people like Ozzie and people who "say nothing but the same tired old cliches".

What do people "deserve" anyway?:scratch: Fans want a winning team. It's all about winning. It's not all about how colorful our manager is. I don't care if the new manager is super boring as long as he gets results. ....and what exactly are you hoping for? Are you hoping the Sox suck next year because you think the colorfulness of the manager's personality is the key to on-field success? Yeah! I hope the Sox stink so that you Ozzie haters get what you "deserve"!:rolleyes:

This is just more of Russ flinging poo at anyone who doesn't like Ozzie.

Oh, and by the way, "cliches" doesn't have an apostrophe.

That's the thing. There's tons more "colorful" managers that are successful in the league than the boring mouthpiece that you seem to want.

I want success too, but if we're getting a usual Jerry hire, that's not about results. Go read "Moneyball" and see how well that kind of manager works.

BTW: I'm not "flinging poo", I have 40+ years experience of following the Sox and have seen the team hire a total of 3 decent managers.

If Jerry goes outside the box on this hire, more power to him. But I don't see it.

DirtySox
09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
So from this thread I'm to conclude that "boring mouthpiece" managers are unsuccessful, while the obnoxious unpleasant jackass managers will lead teams to the promised land? I'm glad this was finally cleared up for me.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-22-2011, 10:52 AM
So from this thread I'm to conclude that "boring mouthpiece" managers are unsuccessful, while the obnoxious unpleasant jackass managers will lead teams to the promised land? I'm glad this was finally cleared up for me.

If you don't have an egomaniacal manager who only cares about himself and not the team, no one will come to the ballpark. Ozzie is personally responsible for the entire gate. at least according to Oney and Ozney.