PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Eliminated Postgame Thread 9/15

DirtySox
09-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Would have been truly fitting if it ended on Frenchy throwing out Alexei from RF.

SoxSpeed22
09-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Not a good way to go out. Good to see the young guys still getting on the mound. We'll see how these next few weeks go.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Maybe Burls should shut it down as well.The last few starts have been the opposite of good.

sox1970
09-15-2011, 10:30 PM
Maybe Burls should shut it down as well.The last few starts have been the opposite of good.

He's 8 2/3 innings from 200. He'll pitch.

guillensdisciple
09-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Maybe we won't even finish .500.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-15-2011, 10:36 PM
He's 8 2/3 innings from 200. He'll pitch.

I think you're right.Hopefully it's not over 3 starts.

RCWHITESOX
09-15-2011, 10:40 PM

If there is one thing the Sox have been consistant at is being a mediocre team at best. What a disappointing season.

sox1970
09-15-2011, 10:46 PM

Looks like he'll start at Cleveland and home against Toronto....which could be it for him in a Sox uniform.

DumpJerry
09-15-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_pTZ_6GQlw

thomas35forever
09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
I didn't even realize we were eliminated until I read the headline on the team website. Guess that's how down I am about this team.

Noneck
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
Officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Actually they are still alive for a wild card.

Lip Man 1
09-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Guillen:

I don't think now they'll even get a winning record.

Lip

Zakath
09-16-2011, 04:49 AM

Bad would be an understatement. Downright fugly would be more appropriate.

Last 3 starts: 15.1 IP, 33 H, 22 R, 20 ER, 4 HR, 6 BB, 9 K, 11.74 ERA, 2.54 WHIP

October26
09-16-2011, 08:14 AM
What a dark and dreary day this is for me as a Sox fan. I've never been through a divorce, but other fans have made this analogy and it seems appropriate. Ozzie and Kenny have irreconcilable differences and, sadly, the time has come for them to part ways.

I feel like we're in the middle of a custody battle, and the future of the Sox franchise is at stake. Ozzie is the vocal parent and Kenny has been eerily silent this year. It appears that Ozzie will get fired at the end of the season. Ozzie has worn the White Sox uniform for over 20 years (13 as a player & 7 as a manager). I envy Ozzie because he gets to leave this mess behind and escape to paradise while we are left to pick up the pieces.

I'm also wondering where is Mr. Reinsdorf and why have we hardly heard from him during this miserable season?

asindc
09-16-2011, 08:20 AM
What a dark and dreary day this is for me as a Sox fan. I've never been through a divorce, but other fans have made this analogy and it seems appropriate. Ozzie and Kenny have irreconcilable differences and, sadly, the time has come for them to part ways.

I feel like we're in the middle of a custody battle, and the future of the Sox franchise is at stake. Ozzie is the vocal parent and Kenny has been eerily silent this year. It appears that Ozzie will get fired at the end of the season. Ozzie has worn the White Sox uniform for over 20 years (13 as a player & 7 as a manager). I envy Ozzie because he gets to leave this mess behind and escape to paradise while we are left to pick up the pieces.

I'm also wondering where is Mr. Reinsdorf and why have we hardly heard from him during this miserable season?

I definitely think you have summarized the mood well, but if Ozzie goes to the Marlins to work for Loria, that will hardly be paradise in any sense. He'll miss JR sooner than even he will think.

Chez
09-16-2011, 08:23 AM
This has been a discouraging week, to say the least. I still would like to see them finish above .500 and in second place, but it's looking unlikely. Sadly, both KC and Cleveland have futures which are considerably brighter than ours.

Procol Harum
09-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Guillen:

I don't think now they'll even get a winning record.

Lip

Doubtful--the way they look now, I wouldn't be surprised if they end the season w/ 76 or 77 wins. Bleeeeecccchhhh! :mad:

hawkjt
09-16-2011, 09:16 AM
MB has a good record overall vs KC but it seems to me lately they have his number more often than not. Like the Indians,they just go to right field and pick on his fast ball and like the Tigers,they have a lot of hitters on that team.

Butler and Cabrera just seem to kill MB and the Sox.
You know it is near the end when Hawk is fantasizing about how the Sox would have done with KC's outfield.
Can we make a trade with KC? Some of our old pitchers for their young hitters?

doublem23
09-16-2011, 09:23 AM

I think this might be one of those 2005-esque scenarios in which the Sox are "mathematically" still alive if you just glance at the standings, but when you look into the schedules of all the teams ahead of them, there is no actual scenario that could play out with the Sox winning the wild card.

TomBradley72
09-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Wow was that an ugly game- I turned it off when it was 3-2.

Flowers getting picked off 1st with a runner on 2nd and 2 outs had to be one of the worst baserunning moves I've seen.......since Flowers was thrown out trying to go from 1st to 3rd on an infield grounder with 2 outs a month ago.

What a horrible team when it comes to fundamental baseball.

On top of that- so many veterans still playing with a few weeks to go- because there are no worthwhile call ups in the minor league system.

We're bad- we're old- and we we have a weak farm system along with ~$50M of untradeable contracts (Peavy, Dunn, Rios, AJ)-

hawkjt
09-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, Flowers is not helping his cause in recent games, at the plate,or on the paths. That was inexcusable.

I think now that it is officially over, I suspect that more young guys will find their way on the field.

tstrike2000
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM

And then monkeys will fly out of their butts.

soltrain21
09-16-2011, 11:00 AM

Boston and the Rays would have to lose every single one of their games and that is impossible since they are playing each other.

Lip Man 1
09-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Tom:

It's interesting to me that vets are still playing when the season is lost but late in spring training when they need to be ready for the opening of the season, Ozzie is still playing minor leaguers while the vets are sitting.

Seems convoluted to me.

Lip