PDA

View Full Version : Trade TCQ poll

LITTLE NELL
09-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Trade him, too injury prone.
Keep him, though streaky, he's a gamer and never quits.

kittle42
09-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Not really answerable without discussing for whom and to achieve what result.

asindc
09-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Assuming fair market value is offered (whatever you might think that is), I prefer to keep him and DH him even more than in the past. While he may never have another season like 2008, I still fear that he can get 90% of the way there for the remainder of his career. I would rather keep TCQ and not re-sign Buehrle if the choice is one or the other.

blandman
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM
I say trade him, because I want to rebuild. But if not, keep him and let Viciedo continue to learn to play defense in Charlotte. He looks like he's more than a year away from playing a league average LF, let alone right.

DonnieDarko
09-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Keep him in RF and put Viciedo in LF?

I dunno. I'd like to see what we can get in return for him. If we can't get anything good, then let's try to bring him back. I'd much rather have Buehrle back, though.

blandman
09-15-2011, 04:43 PM

I say for prospects.

WhiteSox5187
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
I would really rather have Buerhle than Quentin and in order to keep Buerhle you're going to have to trade Quentin. On top of that fact, Quentin is just too streaky and injury prone to be a consistent number two hitter (and I don't mean number two in the lineup, I mean in terms of offensive production). He can carry you for two weeks but then he can disappear for two months too.

Daver
09-15-2011, 05:57 PM

His value isn't going to command a hell of a whole lot.

SI1020
09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm for trading almost anyone, as long as you can make a good deal. In my view "untradeable" players are few and far between.

Noneck
09-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Another injury season, the last year before becoming a FA, his worth is not much. That being said I guess it depends on how much 6M means to the club.

MetroPD
09-15-2011, 08:37 PM
Trade him - too injury prone and streaky at best.

Frater Perdurabo
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm not opposed to trading him for the right return package that would help the Sox.

PalehosePlanet
09-15-2011, 09:12 PM
It's a gamble either way, but I say keep him. He'll have extra incentive to play well since he'll be in his contract year.

soxinem1
09-15-2011, 09:32 PM
His best position is DH. We already have plenty of options there between Konerko being a DH 40+ times and The Albatross otherwise known as Adam Dunn.

After that, it is LF, and barely at that since he cannot throw anymore.

I say just dump him. He has had plenty of opportunity to establish himself and if he stars somewhere else, oh well. How long should we wait?

Besides, I'm anxious to see what Tank can do in RF and in the lineup every day. He's already established himself as the best OF arm on the team.

VMSNS
09-15-2011, 09:57 PM
His value was highest before the deadline (before he was injured), but unfortunately Kenny decided not to pull the trigger on any deals. His value this offseason will be considerably lower, I would think.

Still, I think Kenny needs to deal him. I love CQ, and he's shown that he can carry a team when he's on fire. However, he seems to be a very streaky hitter, and obviously is very injury prone (not to mention his defensive skills, which aren't very much).

MikeKreevich
09-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Trade away the second best run producer on a team that has a run producing problem? I say keep him.

all*star quentin
09-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I voted keep him. He's an all*star and will be again in '12. :)

cws05champ
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I voted keep him. He's an all*star and will be again in '12. :)

Which is why you trade him when his value is high now. After next year he is going to want 10M+/year. If he will continue to get hurt Sox can not sink that money into an injury prone OF when they have 2 DH's for the next 2 years anyways. Trade him for young pitching and put Viciedo out there or in LF.