PDA

View Full Version : Does Frank want out ?

Paulwny
07-14-2002, 01:48 PM
Frank doesn't get along with JR and JM, the constant bad press in Chi, the flap with Konerko, the fans getting on him, his willingness to waive his trade clause, unwilling to call Hriniak, I'm starting to think he no longer cares about this season or this team and wants to be somewhere else this year or next year.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 01:53 PM
It's possible. If he doesn't want to be here, then he should leave. As far as I'm concerned, Frank Thomas is the best hitter to ever wear a White Sox uniform. But that does not give him the right to make his own rules. He is expected, as part of a team, to fall in line with everyone else. If he doesn't want to do that, then he should start looking elsewhere.

I don't want that to happen, though. I'm hoping that his lack of production is the result of mechanical problems with his swing. He seems extremely frustrated and upset, which leads me to believe that he cares. But I can't rule out the possibility that your analysis of him is correct.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-14-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Frank doesn't get along with JR and JM, the constant bad press in Chi, the flap with Konerko, the fans getting on him, his willingness to waive his trade clause, unwilling to call Hriniak, I'm starting to think he no longer cares about this season or this team and wants to be somewhere else this year or next year.

I tend to agree with you. It's pretty obvious to me that he doesn't care anymore. If you look at his eyes when he steps up to bat he just has this look that says "let me just get this over with" instead of that "I'm gonna do some damage here" look.

Paulwny
07-14-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Also toss in the possibility of again Frank being on a team that's rebuilding for the next few years.

CLR01
07-14-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

I tend to agree with you. It's pretty obvious to me that he doesn't care anymore. If you look at his eyes when he steps up to bat he just has this look that says "let me just get this over with" instead of that "I'm gonna do some damage here" look.

If he doesnt care then why does he slam bats into the ground and throw his helmet when he gets back into the dugout after striking out or hitting a weak pop out? Because he is mad a JM for plaing him? Hell why does he even swing the bat. If he wants out why did he tell KW that he doesnt want to be traded?

StepsInSC
07-14-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm sure Frank realizes that no other team will take him right now, of course I don't know for sure but he'd have to be crazy to want out. He's just frustrated.

bc2k
07-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Did anyone notice that in today's game (14th), Frank was at the edge of the dugout steps the entire game high fiving guys and cheering their success? He also was smiling and participated in the team winning line on the field after the game. Oh, and he didn't even get to play today. Either Frank had a an epiphany or was faking it to give us fans what we want. I'm hoping for the former.

sox_fan_forever
07-14-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Did anyone notice that in today's game (14th), Frank was at the edge of the dugout steps the entire game high fiving guys and cheering their success? He also was smiling and participated in the team winning line on the field after the game. Oh, and he didn't even get to play today. Either Frank had a an epiphany or was faking it to give us fans what we want. I'm hoping for the former.

I didn't see today's game so, no, I didn't see that either. Glad to hear it though.

RedPinStripes
07-14-2002, 08:44 PM
**** thomas! Let him go if he wants. I'm confident in other players coming up to and present players to cover him. Not that I'm jumping on the caballo band wagon, but if it's the 3 spot that's getting him to click, keep him there. This way Konerko, Lee, and Liefer can DH or play a position.

Harris
Valentin
Lee
Maggs
Konerko
Borchard
Liefer
Crede
MJ\Olivio\Paul

I'll take this lineup with some better pitching.