PDA

View Full Version : Kap and Jamie Buehrle on Chi Tribune Live

Brian26
09-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Anyone see Kap railroad Jamie Buehrle tonight on CTL? Buehrle was there to talk about her dog rescue foundation (for a few minutes) before Kap and Van Dyck starting asking her if she & Mark would entertain offers from the Cubs since the Sox payroll will be slashed and the Cardinals have a full rotation.

Of course, Kap forgets the Cubs will be slashing payroll too since they're no longer owned by media conglomerate. Not sure what planet he's living on thinking they're going to sign Pujols and Buehrle.

DumpJerry
09-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Can this get the Cubs in trouble for tampering?

Kap works in their front office, right?

Brian26
09-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Can this get the Cubs in trouble for tampering?

:rolling:

DrCrawdad
09-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Anyone see Kap railroad Jamie Buehrle tonight on CTL? Buehrle was there to talk about her dog rescue foundation (for a few minutes) before Kap and Van Dyck starting asking her if she & Mark would entertain offers from the Cubs since the Sox payroll will be slashed and the Cardinals have a full rotation.

Of course, Kap forgets the Cubs will be slashing payroll too since they're no longer owned by media conglomerate. Not sure what planet he's living on thinking they're going to sign Pujols and Buehrle.

Dave Kaplan...
http://zouchmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/douchebag.jpeg

Frater Perdurabo
09-14-2011, 09:45 PM

He's just a contract worker, and most of his work is under the table.

kittle42
09-14-2011, 09:58 PM

He makes Cowley look like a journalist.

DrCrawdad
09-14-2011, 10:18 PM
He makes Cowley look like a journalist.

Dave Kaplan is such a giddy Cubbie fan. He reminds me of Chris Farley's "interview" with Paul McCartney.

central44
09-14-2011, 10:35 PM
More of the same from that clown. I don't understand why he gets to host a show that's supposed to be an unbiased look at Chicago sports. Seriously, they had NOBODY better than him?!

DrCrawdad
09-14-2011, 11:08 PM
More of the same from that clown. I don't understand why he gets to host a show that's supposed to be an unbiased look at Chicago sports. Seriously, they had NOBODY better than him?!

Then someone had the idea to have Kaplan host ComCast's Sox pre and post game coverage. Brilliant! I'm trying to come up with a comparable reverse situation...ok, imagine the reaction from Cubbie fans if ComCast had Hawk Harrelson host Cubbie pre and post game?

It's impossible for Kaplan to discuss the Sox without attempting to change the discussion to the Cubbies.

GoGoCrede
09-14-2011, 11:31 PM
What was her response? I've always liked her and she comes off well in interviews, so I'm curious what she said/

DSpivack
09-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Then someone had the idea to have Kaplan host ComCast's Sox pre and post game coverage. Brilliant! I'm trying to come up with a comparable reverse situation...ok, imagine the reaction from Cubbie fans if ComCast had Hawk Harrelson host Cubbie pre and post game?

It's impossible for Kaplan to discuss the Sox without attempting to change the discussion to the Cubbies.

Kaplan clearly loathes the White Sox. Hawk would probably just be indifferent towards the Cubs, I would think.

Now, maybe Ozzie hosts a program about Wrigley...

JB98
09-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Kaplan knows absolute zero about sports. I mean absolute zero. How did he get that gig?

kittle42
09-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Kaplan knows absolute zero about sports. I mean absolute zero. How did he get that gig?

All he knows is the Cubs (so, agreed, zero about actual sports teams), and even that he talks about like idiot commenters on Facebook ("So, what if the Cubs can get Pujols, Halladay, and Verlander?").

cards press box
09-15-2011, 12:50 AM
Kaplan clearly loathes the White Sox.

What he really loathes is this:

http://bryancmontgomery.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/2005worldseries.jpg

DrCrawdad
09-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Kaplan clearly loathes the White Sox. Hawk would probably just be indifferent towards the Cubs, I would think.

Cubbie fans, in my experience, absolutely H-A-T-E H-A-W-K, but talk about him at every opportunity. I've also frequently heard from them that Hawk always rips the Cubbies. I've asked for examples, not an exact transcript, just the gist of what Hawk says to rip the Cubbies. Nothing. I was told, 'I never listen to Hawk...Hate Hawk...Hawk rips the Cubs all the time...I don't have to give you examples...'

bridgeportcopper
09-15-2011, 07:27 AM

Nope, Dave Wills!

tstrike2000
09-15-2011, 07:45 AM
I don't watch Kraplan because he sucks, but in this case I wished I would have. I've seen Mark and Jamie promote their animal rescue and it's unfortunate she did it on Kraplan's show instead of another channel or one of the other CSN shows because the guy's a loser and typically speaks on subjects to which he has absolutely no knowledge of.

DrCrawdad
09-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Nope, Dave Wills!

Perfecto!

http://archive.chicagobreakingsports.com/wills.jpg

TheOldRoman
09-15-2011, 08:57 AM
Cubbie fans, in my experience, absolutely H-A-T-E H-A-W-K, but talk about him at every opportunity. I've also frequently heard from them that Hawk always rips the Cubbies. I've asked for examples, not an exact transcript, just the gist of what Hawk says to rip the Cubbies. Nothing. I was told, 'I never listen to Hawk...Hate Hawk...Hawk rips the Cubs all the time...I don't have to give you examples...'Yeah, I have never heard Hawk rip on the Cubs or gloat about them losing. He supposedly said in 2003 that he hoped the Sox played the Cubs in the World Series so the Sox could "beat their butts", but I have never heard him rip the team or fanbase apart, and there are certainly reasons to do so.

TheOldRoman
09-15-2011, 09:02 AM

It's impossible for Kaplan to discuss the Sox without attempting to change the discussion to the Cubbies.I can't think of any comparison. There are not very many open Sox fans in the media, and the ones who are aren't superiority complex-infested, bitter trolls like Kaplan. Honestly, the equivalent of Kap would be a random guys from a message board, and even if he mentioned that the Sox are the best team ever and the Cubs suck every show, I imagine he would be able to talk about the Hawks' quest to win the Stanely Cup without mentioning "and imagine them showing off the trophy in the Cell in June!"

PatK
09-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Cubbie fans, in my experience, absolutely H-A-T-E H-A-W-K, but talk about him at every opportunity.

I know people that hate him, yet use Hawkisms all the time, with "HE GAWN" being used the most.

delben91
09-15-2011, 11:40 AM
What was her response? I've always liked her and she comes off well in interviews, so I'm curious what she said/

I'm also wondering this. As much fun as it is to rip on Kaplan, can someone give a paraphrase of what her response was?

soltrain21
09-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Cubbie fans, in my experience, absolutely H-A-T-E H-A-W-K, but talk about him at every opportunity.

This post is dripping with goodness.

tacosalbarojas
09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Typical Kaplan...ugh...anyhow you can watch this at CSN's website, but here are some highlights - "as a long time St. Louis fan, that (being with the Cubs) would be an adjustment..." something along those lines anyhow. However she did say, "I would love to see him in the National League". "We love the Sox, but there are a lot of teams he'd entertain, Sox are not all that's out there...we're excited to go through the process." Also, as to the constant party line about Mark wanting to play for his home town team - "I think he says it more now because it's almost like a running joke...everyone wants to play for their hometown team."

pythons007
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I'd love to walk on Kaplan's face with cleats on. I mean the douche got a Pujols' jersey before the season. Who does that?

Makes up hypotheical trades that no GM in their right mind would even entertain. I believe he said, would you make the trade of Carlos Marmol for Bumsgarnder and Cain? Everyone on the show snickered at him and said that wouldn't be nearly enough.

Saying that Kerry Wood's 20 K game was better than Buehrle's perfecto.

Other Chicago teams win championships and still somehow gets the Cubs in there. It amazes me that he can be on any TV show. There has to be some FCC code or law that doesn't permit guys like him on TV.

hi im skot
09-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Saying that Kerry Wood's 20 K game was better than Buehrle's perfecto.

You could make an argument for both games. Both featured dominating pitching; I don't think it's fair to say one is "better" than the other.

GoGoCrede
09-15-2011, 01:53 PM
You could make an argument for both games. Both featured dominating pitching; I don't think it's fair to say one is "better" than the other.

Agreed, but I thought it was horribly petty of people to immediately start comparing Buehrle's perfect game to Wood's right after it happened.

WhiteSox5187
09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Agreed, but I thought it was horribly petty of people to immediately start comparing Buehrle's perfect game to Wood's right after it happened.

Agreed, I don't mind the comparison but Kaplan started making the comparison about an hour after Buerhle's perfect game ended.

slavko
09-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Typical Kaplan...ugh...anyhow you can watch this at CSN's website, but here are some highlights - "as a long time St. Louis fan, that (being with the Cubs) would be an adjustment..." something along those lines anyhow. However she did say, "I would love to see him in the National League". "We love the Sox, but there are a lot of teams he'd entertain, Sox are not all that's out there...we're excited to go through the process." Also, as to the constant party line about Mark wanting to play for his home town team - "I think he says it more now because it's almost like a running joke...everyone wants to play for their hometown team."

She took the bait, it seems. So it wasn't a bad question. Would we be judging Kaplan this harshly if he wasn't so damn personally irritating? Probably not. Does he realize how irritating he is? Probably not. If I were running Comcast Sports, I'd say something to him.

house215
09-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I trolled so hard on Kaplan on twitter that he banned me...

gobears1987
09-15-2011, 05:09 PM
I trolled so hard on Kaplan on twitter that he banned me...

story?

robertks61
09-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I'd love to walk on Kaplan's face with cleats on. I mean the douche got a Pujols' jersey before the season. Who does that?

ESPN showed 2 fans from behind sitting behind home plate wearing the same jersey the last Sunday night game St.L played at Wrigley. I just laughed, what a waste of money!

Brian26
09-15-2011, 07:47 PM
She took the bait, it seems.

I thought she gave a very fair, intelligent answer and was well-prepared for that type of question. In other words, she didn't lose any bargaining power for Mark in his negotiations with JR but kept herself in a good light.

I thought the biggest revelation (and she cut herself off before she completed the thought) was that there are some negatives with playing in St.Louis.

PatK
09-16-2011, 11:38 AM
story?

THIS!!!

***grabs popcorn***

Gammons Peter
09-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Has Kap turned himself orange for halloween or has he always been that color?

cards press box
09-17-2011, 02:21 AM
Mr. Kaplan is truly amazing. On tonight's show, he asked his panel about Ozzie's recent comments that KW is not to blame for the poor play of the 2011 Sox. So far, so good. But, of course, Mr. Kaplan didn't stop there. He then asked the panel whether Ozzie would be a good fit managing the 2012 Cubs. You can't make this stuff up!

Mod edit: copyrighted intellectual property property removed at the request of the owner.

Isn't Mr. Kaplan's practice of turning all Sox discussion into a question about the Cubs just a result of the collective effect of the 2003 and 2005 seasons?

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-20-2011, 03:07 PM
ESPN showed 2 fans from behind sitting behind home plate wearing the same jersey the last Sunday night game St.L played at Wrigley. I just laughed, what a waste of money!

lol I saw that too and was in shock. Just really REALLY stupid.

I know people hate Kap on here but ever since I have known him personally (he even got me a job) he seems like a nice very nice guy. Now you guys can say he may be nice but sucks at his job but I actually like him.

Vernam
09-21-2011, 01:12 AM
lol I saw that too and was in shock. Just really REALLY stupid.

I know people hate Kap on here but ever since I have known him personally (he even got me a job) he seems like a nice very nice guy. Now you guys can say he may be nice but sucks at his job but I actually like him.

Please return the favor so we don't have to see his sorry ass on CSN anymore. Maybe you could land him a job at the Sun-Times or something.

Vernam

DSpivack
09-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Please return the favor so we don't have to see his sorry ass on CSN anymore. Maybe you could land him a job at the Sun-Times or something.

Vernam

Or at a radar station in northern Alaska.

JB98
09-21-2011, 12:24 PM

Vernam

Please no.

CLUBHOUSE KID
09-22-2011, 08:37 AM

Vernam

CSN and Sun-Times are in the same building lol

TheVulture
10-17-2011, 11:27 PM

Two people wearing the same jersey? Seems thrifty to me, if a bit uncomfortable.

SOXSINCE'70
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Or at a radar station in northern Alaska.

Outer Mongolia isn't far enough for me.:angry: