lf-Lee
1st-PK
rf-Maggs
2nd-Ray
Dh-Frank
SS-Manos
3rd-Crede
C-MJ/Paul/Alomar

What I like about this lineup is we have speed throughout it, but more importantly we spread the left-handed bats through it in Lofton, Ray, and Jose. I also think Lee would have good sucess in the 2 hole. He's taking more pitches and with him hitting in front of PK he would see some good pitches. I also like Ray in the 5 hole because he would act as a leadoff hitter if we dont have a good first inning and he is a good clutch hitter who has good power, great speed and provides a left-handed stick. Then with Jose at 7 we have another good clutch hitter who provides a left-handed stick.

voodoochile
07-14-2002, 01:26 PM
Lee batting second is a bad call, IMO. He doesn't walk enough and Ray is a much better OBP guy...

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't hit Crede eighth. IMO, he would fit nicely in the number six slot, with Frank moving up to the five hole. Durahm should continue hitting second, or he could go back to leadoff if Lofton leaves after the season.

All told, though, I think it's early to be thinking about next season. There is still the looming threat of a strike, and we don't know what kind of team the Sox will have next season. KW is difficult to understand. He will do one of two things. Either most of the players from this team (save Maggs, PK, Garland, Beuhrle) will be gone, or the Sox will have the same team next season- God forbid.