PDA

View Full Version : Only 16 more to go 9-12 Postgame Thread

SoxSpeed22
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Pukatronic.

Lip Man 1
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
And back to .500 we go...

Dating back to last season Detroit has won 17 of the last 22 meetings with the Sox.

The are becoming the "new" Twins aren't they?

Lip

soxfan1965
09-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Chicago: Heeeeeerrrrrreeeeeee's Johnny
Detroit: Heeeeeerrrrrreeeeeee's Jhonny

Result: Jhonny over Johnny

Positive: Shane Lindsay 3 shutout innings, throwing 98 mph smoke, nice job mate, maybe his mom watched from the stands.

DickAllen72
09-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Morel is a better hitter than Beckham.

Tragg
09-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Tigers continue to send a message.

Please continue to play all the vets, especially the ones who won't be here next year.

Shaco
09-12-2011, 11:21 PM
By the time Lindsay got in the game he was pitching to Toledo instead of Detroit.

JB98
09-12-2011, 11:26 PM
One more home loss clinches a losing record at USCF.

Four more home losses and the 2011 club will go down as having the sorriest home record for a Sox team since USCF opened.

AnkleSox
09-12-2011, 11:36 PM
I was at the game...beautiful night (weather wise, at least), but I was definitely seated by some of the most obnoxious Kittens fans in recent memory.

Go back to dying Detroit if it's so damn great you turds.

TomBradley72
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I went to the game tonight- my first Sox game since April- I've never been to fewer games than this year since I was a kid before I could ride the el or drive a car, etc.

I stopped by just to see a few innings-some observations-
It was a beautiful night for baseball- a great sunset- just as the national anthem was played-seemed to be a higher percentage of folks singing along.
As Danks left the bullpen- the other pitchers lined up for a "fist bump" from John and AJ as they walked on to the field- it was kind of cool.
The music videos (pop songs with White Sox highlights) would be cool TV commercials.
I love September baseball- most of the people there seemed to be there just to "be" there- not the specific game- just to be at a baseball game.
I like the Tigers' fans (alot of them there tonight)- I like their line up, respect their manager, like the uniforms- especially the english D- I'll be rooting for them in the postseason.
There was a beer vendor walking up and down the aisles- he'd make a statement- then sing the word "beer", then make another statement- then sing the word "beer"- it was pretty funny.
It was good to see the vendor that looks just like Scottie Pippen again.
All of this was before 7:16- I worked my around the lower deck- from the White Sox bullpen, to the last row in the left center field bleachers, then through the openings in straight away center, then right field above the bullpen sports bar, then lastly from directly behind home plate.

By then the Tigers were leading 5-2, time to go, my last visit to the ballpark for the year complete- it was 7-2 by the time I was I in my car- 14-3 by the time I got home.

My team sucked- but it was a great game- it always is.

hi im skot
09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
I was at the game...beautiful night (weather wise, at least), but I was definitely seated by some of the most obnoxious Kittens fans in recent memory.

Detroit fans have been worse than any other visitors this season.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Detroit fans have been worse than any other visitors this season.
I don't get Detroit fans. The majority of them diss the city, yet they have al of this "Detroit pride" for their teams. You can't have it both ways, dudes!

I'll most likely be at tomorrow's game.

slavko
09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Morel is a better hitter than Beckham.

Nice level swing, got some pop. He is going to get better. Kinney's pitching motion, which leaves him facing center field, is going to get him killed.

Tragg
09-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Nice level swing, got some pop. He is going to get better. Kinney's pitching motion, which leaves him facing center field, is going to get him killed.

He's also had, like, 40% of his season's walks in the last 2 weeks.

samurai_sox
09-12-2011, 11:57 PM
Who cares? I don't see Detroit beating New York or Boston in the playoffs.

Who do they have after Verlander? I don't see Fister or Porcello shutting down any of the lineups they'll see come October.

Then those Tigers fans will quiet down and realize they just happened to be the the best team in a crap division.

Shaco
09-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Who cares? I don't see Detroit beating New York or Boston in the playoffs.

Who do they have after Verlander? I don't see Fister or Porcello shutting down any of the lineups they'll see come October.

Then those Tigers fans will quiet down and realize they just happened to be the the best team in a crap division.

Who does Boston have? John Lackey? Tim Wakefield? Andrew Miller? Is that a rotation that's suppose to scare me? Tigers are 18-14 against the East and still have 4 to play against Baltimore.

SoxSpeed22
09-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Is Boston even going to make it with all of their injuries? Come on Tampa!

Shaco
09-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Is Boston even going to make it with all of their injuries? Come on Tampa!

Tigers are 6-1 against Tampa.

TomBradley72
09-13-2011, 12:06 AM

Geez- talk about sour grapes- you mean like our 2008 Central Division Championship?

I'd rather be the best team in a crap division than a crappy/infighting/overpaid/underachieving team in a crap division.

It's alot easier for me to root for the Tigers than the Yankees/Rangers/Red Sox or an NL team (excluding the Brewers).

Shaco
09-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Geez- talk about sour grapes- you mean like our 2008 Central Division Championship?

I'd rather be the best team in a crap division than a crappy/infighting/overpaid/underachieving team in a crap division.

It's alot easier for me to root for the Tigers than the Yankees/Rangers/Red Sox or an NL team (excluding the Brewers).

The Tigers can't help the fact the division was weak. I seem to recall the Tigers were suppose to lose to New York in 2006.

NLaloosh
09-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Right now the Tigers could beat anyone. They are playing that well.

Tampa is next, then Philly.

amsteel
09-13-2011, 01:23 AM
1/2 price tickets, 1/4 effort.

The Sox result in games that remotely matter is pathetic. At least this public shaming wasn't on national TV. Let Southpaw, Dunn, and the pride crew fill out the rotation for the rest of the year. That's about the only way I'll even pretend to give a **** the rest of the way.

Nellie_Fox
09-13-2011, 02:01 AM

The Sox result in games that remotely matter is pathetic. At least this public shaming wasn't on national TV. Let Southpaw, Dunn, and the pride crew fill out the rotation for the rest of the year. That's about the only way I'll even pretend to give a **** the rest of the way.I watched it on MLB Network. Maybe you don't consider that national TV.

tsoxman
09-13-2011, 05:31 AM
Nice level swing, got some pop. He is going to get better.....
Time for Kenny to trade him in the off season for an older veteran player with a large contract. After all, prospects are prospects.

Dan H
09-13-2011, 06:53 AM

The Sox result in games that remotely matter is pathetic. At least this public shaming wasn't on national TV. Let Southpaw, Dunn, and the pride crew fill out the rotation for the rest of the year. That's about the only way I'll even pretend to give a **** the rest of the way.

You're right about that. In the last four losses to Detroit, the Sox have been outscored 49-14. Last year the Sox five out of six in a stretch of games against Minnesota. In those five losses, the Twins outscored the Sox 44-18. Pathetic is the word.

hawkjt
09-13-2011, 09:20 AM
What have the Tigers won...like 21 of 25? And they are not just nipping teams in a lot of these games...they are mashing teams.
Now, it is only Sept 13,so they might have peaked too early,but this is the kind of run that a team can only dream about going into the post-season.

If they end up Boston,which is likely, with home field, right now you have to favor the Tigers. Boston is sucking right now,and their pitching is very suspect. And in fact,if the playoffs started today, the Tigers would be even money to win the AL.

Right now, that Tigers lineup is just blazing hot from 1-13...guys come off the bench hitting. Everybody hits.

Danks seems to have lost his ability to focus every inning or something.
Or he is tired. Bottom line, he has not looked like a 12 million dollar pitcher for much of this season. I like him,but I have some doubts about giving him a huge deal after this season. If he had a great season,he would expect a huge deal, so now,does he still expect a huge deal?
I think Danks and the Sox should negogiate a shorter deal..like 3 years 30 million, to give them both a chance to determine his true value.

Morel seems to have just decided to screw the ''safe'' swing deal and turning on the ball a bit more lately. The kid is very strong,as that homer to center shows. If you told me at the beginning of the year we would get a .260 average,with 10 hrs,and maybe 50 rbis...I would say that is fine with his glove and our offensive machine above him in the order,so I will not change my expectations just because the guys above him stunk it up.

I think Morel has earned the 3rd sack for next year.

doublem23
09-13-2011, 09:29 AM
The are becoming the "new" Twins aren't they?

Maybe, although with the Twins, I always got the feeling that the Sox were the better team, they just folded like a lawn chair against them, whereas with the Detroit, they're actually very, very good and we're very, very average.

asindc
09-13-2011, 09:57 AM

I feel the same way about it. Unless it's the Twinkees, I always root for the AL Central champ, and even then if the Twinkees are playing Boston, I root for the Twinkees. One or two obnoxious trolls from a rival team is not going to change that for me.

asindc
09-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Maybe, although with the Twins, I always got the feeling that the Sox were the better team, they just folded like a lawn chair against them, whereas with the Detroit, they're actually very, very good and we're very, very average.

I think this is an accurate assessment. If you look at the choke jobs against Minny, Minny wasn't really lighting it up against the rest of the league, while Detroit is at this time. What should not be happening is the Sox just flat looking like they are quitting or folding (once again 2003, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011) against their chief competition for the division.

Lip Man 1
09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Well to be fair the Sox did drop the last six straight to Detroit last year when they weren't very good. We'll see how long this continues. The Sox eventually broke out against Minnesota and hopefully they'll get back to the days where they beat the hell out of Detroit time and time again.

Lip

SOXSINCE'70
09-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Here's hoping the Rays are the wild card team,and they somehow find a way to eliminate the Tiggers.:angry:

SOXSINCE'70
09-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Right now the Tigers could beat anyone. They are playing that well.

Tampa is next, then Philly.

Need I remind you that the 2000 White Sox and the 2001 Mariners both had the best record in the A.L.,and both were eliminated in the playoffs.

The best team doesn't always win.

CLR01
09-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Well to be fair the Sox did drop the last six straight to Detroit last year when they weren't very good. We'll see how long this continues. The Sox eventually broke out against Minnesota and hopefully they'll get back to the days where they beat the hell out of Detroit time and time again.

Lip

At which point they'll start losing all of their games vs KC or Cleveland or on the west coast...

Lip Man 1
09-13-2011, 01:07 PM
CLR:

That does seem to be the pattern with these guys since the start of the new millennium isn't it? (Don't forget their recent record against Toronto)

Lip

Johnny Mostil
09-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Agree at least in part. To date, the Tigers have won at least 60 percent of their games against each team in the division; their worst record against any team to date is 9-6 against Cleveland. I'm not sure how good the Tigers are overall, but, this year, they're clearly a cut above each and every team in the AL Central.