PDA

View Full Version : Quentin activated today

Chez
09-12-2011, 01:46 PM
As per the Tribune, TCQ has been activated but is not in tonight's line-up.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Just in time for to make a run.

#1swisher
09-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Good to have you back, CQ!

Foulke You
09-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Sadly, this could be his swan song in a White Sox uniform. He is a likely trade candidate. :(:

LITTLE NELL
09-12-2011, 03:49 PM
Sadly, this could be his swan song in a White Sox uniform. He is a likely trade candidate. :(:

I for one would hate for TCQ to be traded, I would like an outfield of Carlos in RF, DeAza in Cf and Viciedo in LF for next year.

blandman
09-12-2011, 04:13 PM
I for one would hate for TCQ to be traded, I would like an outfield of Carlos in RF, DeAza in Cf and Viciedo in LF for next year.

Worst. Defense. Ever.

Nellie_Fox
09-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Worst. Defense. Ever.Defense doesn't matter. Anybody who manages a highly-successful fantasy-league team knows that.

LITTLE NELL
09-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Worst. Defense. Ever.

Did you watch Pierre in LF and Rios in CF this year?

Nellie_Fox
09-12-2011, 04:28 PM
Did you watch Pierre in LF and Rios in CF this year?The only thing wrong with Pierre is a terrible throwing arm. He had a spate of unexplained drops early in the year, but has been fine otherwise. Rios is not a bad center fielder. The outfield of Quentin, DeAza and Viciedo would be markedly worse. DeAza is better than any of the corner outfielders mentioned, but is not a significant upgrade over Rios in center, while Quentin would be worse than Pierre on range and routes, and Viciedo would be worse than Quentin on everything but arm. You hurt the defense at every position.

KMcMahon817
09-12-2011, 06:13 PM
The only thing wrong with Pierre is a terrible throwing arm. He had a spate of unexplained drops early in the year, but has been fine otherwise. Rios is not a bad center fielder. The outfield of Quentin, DeAza and Viciedo would be markedly worse. DeAza is better than any of the corner outfielders mentioned, but is not a significant upgrade over Rios in center, while Quentin would be worse than Pierre on range and routes, and Viciedo would be worse than Quentin on everything but arm. You hurt the defense at every position.

I REALLY REALLY hope TCQ is not moved this offseason.

As for Rios, he has been a bad CF in 2011. 2010, he was borderline GG. He has the talent, but for some reason, he just didn't have any aspect of his game in 2011. Hopefully he returns to form in 2012, if not De Aza better be called up before August.

chisoxfanatic
09-12-2011, 06:19 PM
I REALLY REALLY hope TCQ is not moved this offseason.

As for Rios, he has been a bad CF in 2011. 2010, he was borderline GG. He has the talent, but for some reason, he just didn't have any aspect of his game in 2011. Hopefully he returns to form in 2012, if not De Aza better be called up before August.
De Aza's proved that he belongs on the opening day roster if he picks up right where he left off in spring training.

KMcMahon817
09-12-2011, 06:27 PM
De Aza's proved that he belongs on the opening day roster if he picks up right where he left off in spring training.

I couldn't agree more.

Lip Man 1
09-12-2011, 06:56 PM
"I never shut anyone down. Because when you shut someone down, they get paid to do nothing. I think that's somebody's else call."

Ozzie talking about when Q is going to start playing again.

Lip