PDA

View Full Version : Granted that we suck, but (long)

34rancher
07-14-2002, 10:54 AM
This is complete bull-manure. Sammy "the punk" Sosa gets no reprimand from any papers this morning? Let's chronicle the past week. (Notice that I am willing to ignore the Rick Reilly ruckus).

1. Last Friday Sosa has to leave for the weekend because his wife hurts her hand. (I actually thought that this was a class move, until....)

2. It is announced that Mrs. Sosa will have surgery on Monday (uh-oh that is the home run derby, what will Sammy do? Option A: Skip the derby and be with his wife, or Option B: Postpone the Surgery and go to the Derby. Hmmmm, I take Option B so I can rip 500+ home runs and everyone will love me.)

3. Monday: At the Home Run Derby, Sosa alienates himself from his teammates by sitting alone in the dugout, taking practice swings in the dugout, and NOT SHAKING GIAMBI's HAND. (Baby wants a rattle?)

4. Tuesday: A base running error that cost the NL a run that might have avoided this entire mess and after his second at-bat, he goes home. (I realize that a lot of the players went home, which shows what little regard they have for the game or the fan anyway)

5. Friday: Sosa has a premature hop. He thought it was gone, that was his excuse for not running hard, what would have happened if the outfielder had dropped the ball? It would have been a very long single. (Can you say hot dog that must show up the pitcher?)

6. Saturday: Julian Tavarez (who is a jerk) hits Sammy (about time some pitcher had some guts), and Sammy wants to charge the mound. Well, Sammy gets his revenge, and comes home spikes up at Julian, who just simply pats him on the back. (WHY IS THERE NO SMUT SAMMY'S MR. MARIOTTI?)

Not only that, but there is no mention of this anywhere in any of the Chicago newspapers. If Frank Thomas had done any of these things, he would have been ripped on every newspaper in Chicago, but oh, he shows up an hour late and he is ripped throughout the media. Give me a break. And they say that there is no media bias in this town. Again Bull-Manure.

nut_stock
07-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Amen, Reverend!

34rancher
07-14-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Amen, Reverend!

Sorry, I guess that it did sound like I was preaching. I did just e-mail that to Jay, Rick, Telander, a couple guys on ESPN Radio, and guys on the Score. It just ticked me off, especially after reading in the Tribune that Tavarez was kidding with Sosa before the game and said that he roots for him still.

StepsInSC
07-14-2002, 12:38 PM
This is small, but also at the All-Star game did you see him glare at Halladay after he struk him out? Apparantly he didn't like being pitched INSIDE to, ***? What a baby. Yea, since its the All-Star game the pitcher should only pitch down the middle and/or away so he can bash it over the wall, cuz the pitcher is only there to cater to Sammy's needs.

cornball
07-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Rancher you are right the bias has been around for so long, it is so obvious. And they wonder why we hate the Flubs and sound crabby all the time......lol

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, the only thing that would eliminate the problem of media bias would be a World Championship, and that doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. It would be nice, though. I think the biggest thrill, however, would be seeing all of those "lifelong" Cubs fans suddenly switch allegiances to the Sox, only to find out that we don't want their scum around.