PDA

View Full Version : *Official* At Least The Bears Won Sox 9/11 Postgame

Lip Man 1
09-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Title says it all.

Was hoping for three out of four...it's beyond this bunch.

Lip

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm glad I didn't watch a second of it. I was watching the whole Bears game and have had this Chargers/Vikings game on too.

SoxSpeed22
09-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Nice throw by Viciedo.

vinny
09-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I was there. It wasn't a quintessential 2011 Sox loss, as the starting pitching, relief pitching, and hitting all sucked just about equally.

I mean, for God's sake, Luis ****ing Valbuena just about doubled his entire hit total for the year against us today, and Trevor ****ing Crowe got his first three hits of the season off us.

And we let a dog **** pitcher like Jimenez have his way with us for several innings (THAT was quintessential 2011 Sox). De Aza was about the only bright spot offensively.

DSpivack
09-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I was there. It wasn't a quintessential 2011 Sox loss, as the starting pitching, relief pitching, and hitting all sucked just about equally.

I mean, for God's sake, Luis ****ing Valbuena just about doubled his entire hit total for the year against us today, and Trevor ****ing Crowe got his first three hits of the season off us.

And we let a dog **** pitcher like Jimenez have his way with us for several innings (THAT was quintessential 2011 Sox). De Aza was about the only bright spot offensively.

He's having a down year, but I'd hardly call Ubaldo Jimenez a "dog**** pitcher."

vinny
09-11-2011, 06:28 PM
It's still pretty early in his career, but I think his 2010 season will turn out to be an anomaly, especially if he stays in the AL.

Zakath
09-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Magic number down to 7.

At least the Tigers are due to lose when they come here tomorrow (won 9 straight). They're now 22 over vs. the Central, have caught Texas for the second-best record among division leaders, and are only 4 games behind NY for best record in the AL (helps that the Yanks have lost 4 straight, while Boston's lost 5 straight).

They're still not that good.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Magic number down to 7.

At least the Tigers are due to lose when they come here tomorrow (won 9 straight). They're now 22 over vs. the Central, have caught Texas for the second-best record among division leaders, and are only 4 games behind NY for best record in the AL (helps that the Yanks have lost 4 straight, while Boston's lost 5 straight).

That's what happens when you have a red-hot offense to cover up your only two starting pitchers and your "how in the world is he perfect for the season?" closer.

TomBradley72
09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Magic number down to 7.

Yep- other than their win/loss record (#3 in AL, 1 GB Boston)-they're not very good.

They look pretty good to me- solid every day line up, one of the top managers in the game, rotation isn't that deep- but it's good enough.

If they're not very good- then the White Sox are the 1962 Mets.

Brian26
09-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Yep- other than their win/loss record (#3 in AL, 1 GB Boston)-they're not very good.

They look pretty good to me- solid every day line up, one of the top managers in the game, rotation isn't that deep- but it's good enough.

If they're not very good- then the White Sox are the 1962 Mets.

Tigers are earning my respect big time with this run they've gone on. The more I think about it, facing Verlander twice in the ALDS may assure that they aren't the typical Twins one-and-out.

chisoxfanatic
09-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Tigers are earning my respect big time with this run they've gone on. The more I think about it, facing Verlander twice in the ALDS may assure that they aren't the typical Twins one-and-out.
That team really is peaking at the right time and will be a bitch to play against for anyone. It's gonna make me feel dirty, but if they face New York or Boston, I will be pulling for Detroit. I want the evil empires of the East to fail quickly.

Foulke You
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I agree. It's also the way they have been winning their games lately. They fall behind early and find a way to come back and win it. They will be a lot more dangerous in the playoffs than they'll get credit for.

Nelfox02
09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
That team really is peaking at the right time and will be a bitch to play against for anyone. It's gonna make me feel dirty, but if they face New York or Boston, I will be pulling for Detroit. I want the evil empires of the East to fail quickly.

well, one of them may not make it......I would LOVE to see Tampa knock out the Red Sox and take the wild card! That is about the only thing left of interest for me in the 2011 MLB season.....

GlassSox
09-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I was there and it was a boring crap fest to say the least even without Dunn. About the 7th inning it was probably the quietest that I have ever experienced at the cell.

I like Viciedo but he did not look good in right field. Someone needs to help Gordon's offense.

Praying for changes and improvements for 2012. Of course, none of this is news to WSI.

asindc
09-11-2011, 08:41 PM

No one in the AL Central has been the typical one-and-out except the Twinkees.

Noneck
09-11-2011, 08:49 PM
well, one of them may not make it......I would LOVE to see Tampa knock out the Red Sox and take the wild card! That is about the only thing left of interest for me in the 2011 MLB season.....

With 6 vs. yanks and 3 vs bos, my dream is that tampa wins division and angels get wc. That would make this a glorious season.

Shaco
09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Look at the Yankee and Red Sox rotations. Who do they have? The Red Sox are relying on Lackey, Wakefield, and Andrew Miller. The Yankees are relying on AJ Burnett, Colon, and Freddy Garcia. In a short series I like Verlander and Fister as well as what any other team has. The Tigers offense isn't just hot. They've been in the top 5 in runs scored the entire season. Cabrera-Martinez-Avila-Peralta have been good all year. The teams with the dangerous rotations are currently on the outside looking in and that would be Tampa and the Angels.

tstrike2000
09-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Nincompoops. Sunday's game_report (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=4212).

JB98
09-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I was there and it was a boring crap fest to say the least even without Dunn. About the 7th inning it was probably the quietest that I have ever experienced at the cell.

I like Viciedo but he did not look good in right field. Someone needs to help Gordon's offense.

Praying for changes and improvements for 2012. Of course, none of this is news to WSI.

That about sums up today's game. Zzzzzz.

Luis Valbuena is Nick Punto with power. He just murders the White Sox, even though he's had all kinds of problems sticking in the major leagues otherwise.

Still not sold that Stewart will be a viable member of the Sox rotation next year. He has two wins over the AAA Twins. I'd like to see him perform well against somebody better than Minnesota before the year is over. I'm sure he'll get another two or three opportunities. So far, he looks pretty mediocre to me.

Zakath
09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
No one in the AL Central has been the typical one-and-out except the Twinkees.

Since the division was formed in 1994 (16 playoffs since then, with no playoffs in 1994), the Central winner has gone out in the ALDS 10 times. Of those 10, Minnesota's done it 5 times, Cleveland's done it 3 times, and we've done it twice. Of the other 6, the winner's gone out in the ALCS 3 times (Cleveland twice, Minnesota once), the winner lost in the World Series twice (both Cleveland), and won the World Series once :D:.

When Detroit made the World Series in 2006, they were the wild card (the only wild card that the Central has produced). They've actually never won the AL Central.

The Central has produced the fewest wild cards in the AL (1), while the West has had 3 of the 16. 11 of the 16 times, the wild card has been the Red Sox or the Yankees. Conversely, in the NL, the West has produced the most wild cards (6) while the East has produced 5 and the Central 5.

asindc
09-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Since the division was formed in 1994 (16 playoffs since then, with no playoffs in 1994), the Central winner has gone out in the ALDS 10 times. Of those 10, Minnesota's done it 5 times, Cleveland's done it 3 times, and we've done it twice. Of the other 6, the winner's gone out in the ALCS 3 times (Cleveland twice, Minnesota once), the winner lost in the World Series twice (both Cleveland), and won the World Series once :D:.

When Detroit made the World Series in 2006, they were the wild card (the only wild card that the Central has produced). They've actually never won the AL Central.

The Central has produced the fewest wild cards in the AL (1), while the West has had 3 of the 16. 11 of the 16 times, the wild card has been the Red Sox or the Yankees. Conversely, in the NL, the West has produced the most wild cards (6) while the East has produced 5 and the Central 5.

I was speaking of Minny's ratio of one-and-outs vs. advancing, as compared to the other three division playoff participants. Since 2000, Minny has won the fewest playoff games among the four despite making the playoffs six times versus three times for the Sox, two times for Cleveland, and once for Detroit. The problem for the division it seems is that the other four teams are too often beaten by a slightly-better-than-average Minny team.

GlassSox
09-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Still not sold that Stewart will be a viable member of the Sox rotation next year. He has two wins over the AAA Twins. I'd like to see him perform well against somebody better than Minnesota before the year is over. I'm sure he'll get another two or three opportunities. So far, he looks pretty mediocre to me.

I agree, he struggled today and threw a lot pitches.

doublem23
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm glad I didn't watch a second of it. I was watching the whole Bears game and have had this Chargers/Vikings game on too.

Okay, I am going to ask people politely to knock this off. This board is not going to be degraded into a contest to see who can brag about how little they care about the Sox any more. I certainly don't blame anyone for being disappointed with the Sox, preferring to spend their time or money on something else, or whatever, but please at least have enough respect for those that still do care about the team to resist the urge to post if the only thing you have to contribute to a thread is a story about how ambivalent to it you are.

slavko
09-12-2011, 12:05 AM

Right About Now, Gordon's a project, not a prospect. He and we might be better off if he was elsewhere.

Nellie_Fox
09-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Okay, I am going to ask people politely to knock this off. This board is not going to be degraded into a contest to see who can brag about how little they care about the Sox any more. I certainly don't blame anyone for being disappointed with the Sox, preferring to spend their time or money on something else, or whatever, but please at least have enough respect for those that still do care about the team to resist the urge to post if the only thing you have to contribute to a thread is a story about how ambivalent to it you are.Thank you doub.

LITTLE NELL
09-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Okay, I am going to ask people politely to knock this off. This board is not going to be degraded into a contest to see who can brag about how little they care about the Sox any more. I certainly don't blame anyone for being disappointed with the Sox, preferring to spend their time or money on something else, or whatever, but please at least have enough respect for those that still do care about the team to resist the urge to post if the only thing you have to contribute to a thread is a story about how ambivalent to it you are.

You can count me as one who never gives up, I want the Sox to win every game no matter what the record is. I still hope for miracles and if we sweep the Tigers, who knows what will happen. In the real world I want them to finish over .500 and that's why yesterdays game was pretty big in my book. I will watch every game when they are on TV down here in Florida, they are on the MLB channel tonight and I will be glued to my TV. This team has really disappointed me this year but they are still my team and always will be regardless of the record.

October26
09-12-2011, 08:02 AM

Thank you. I appreciate this.

As for yesterday's Sox game, I was disappointed, especially with Stewart and Viciedo. Stewart was wild, walking hitters then striking out somebody, and then giving up some hits. I liked what I saw from Stewart against the Twins but yesterday was a real downer. And once again, the Sox offense was awful yesterday.

As for Viciedo, he swings so hard that I fear he will throw his back out during every at-bat. And his defense was ugly yesterday. I still have alot of hope that Viciedo can make adjustments at the plate & improve defensively for next year.

So here come the Tigers, who are playing outstanding baseball right now. I'm glad they can't clinch the division during this next series at home against the Sox, even with a sweep, because that would really sting. The Tigers look strong going into the playoffs and my Tiger-fan-friends tell me they are already busy planning the parade route. Good for them.

I will continue watching/listening to White Sox games until the last out on September 28th.

Chez
09-12-2011, 08:43 AM

Excellent. Long overdue.

harwar
09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Magic number down to 7.

I never watch the yankees or red sox, but when i'm not too sick i watch every other team that i can .. the tigers are a fun team to watch .. i'm kind of hoping for a brewers-tigers world series, since it appears the White Sox won't be a player this year .. i think that would be great fun to watch ..

asindc
09-12-2011, 09:26 AM

Thank you doub.

You can count me as one who never gives up, I want the Sox to win every game no matter what the record is. I still hope for miracles and if we sweep the Tigers, who knows what will happen. In the real world I want them to finish over .500 and that's why yesterdays game was pretty big in my book. I will watch every game when they are on TV down here in Florida, they are on the MLB channel tonight and I will be glued to my TV. This team has really disappointed me this year but they are still my team and always will be regardless of the record.

Thank you. I appreciate this.

As for yesterday's Sox game, I was disappointed, especially with Stewart and Viciedo. Stewart was wild, walking hitters then striking out somebody, and then giving up some hits. I liked what I saw from Stewart against the Twins but yesterday was a real downer. And once again, the Sox offense was awful yesterday.

As for Viciedo, he swings so hard that I fear he will throw his back out during every at-bat. And his defense was ugly yesterday. I still have alot of hope that Viciedo can make adjustments at the plate & improve defensively for next year.

So here come the Tigers, who are playing outstanding baseball right now. I'm glad they can't clinch the division during this next series at home against the Sox, even with a sweep, because that would really sting. The Tigers look strong going into the playoffs and my Tiger-fan-friends tell me they are already busy planning the parade route. Good for them.

I will continue watching/listening to White Sox games until the last out on September 28th.

Excellent. Long overdue.

Add me to the list. Go Go Sox!!

ChiSoxGal85
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Me too. Although there have been times I've posted that I don't care, let the record show that I'm flat-out lying. :D:

I was disappointed in Thornton yesterday. For various other reasons I was not very focused the game anyway, so I turned it off after his meltdown. He makes me nutty.

And Viciedo has a long way to go if anyone thinks he should replace Quentin in RF. I saw some pretty ugly routes taken to the ball.

ChiSoxGirl
09-12-2011, 09:41 PM

Add me, too. There's no possible way I could give less of a damn about the Bears right now; it's still baseball season. Even when the Sox are out of it like they are this year, these are the waning days of the season and no matter how much the Sox blow, I still listen to or watch every game until #162 is played. Baseball is synonymous with summertime and to me, both are love. With both slipping away more each day, I choose to hang on to what's left of both of them. I'm a realist and have known for awhile that the Sox had zero chance of making the playoffs this year, but I'm also a fan and know what I love. And I love baseball.