PDA

View Full Version : It is obvious.........

cornball
07-14-2002, 06:45 AM
after last night the Sox will not catch the Twins. In the next two weeks, you will see new faces in the lineup. Several moves have to be made. Not that I disagree with the moving of several players, my hope is the moves will bring players with major league talent. It will be intersting to see if the Sox brass actually have a plan, because this team is awful, right now.

Tragg
07-14-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by cornball
after last night the Sox will not catch the Twins. In the next two weeks, you will see new faces in the lineup. Several moves have to be made. Not that I disagree with the moving of several players, my hope is the moves will bring players with major league talent. It will be intersting to see if the Sox brass actually have a plan, because this team is awful, right now.

Don't count on it. We were out of it last September and you didn't see a mass migration of young players into the lineup.
For one reason, we have few to migrate up anyway.

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 10:05 AM
The only player who is fully prepared for the Majors at this point is Joe Crede. Borchard will not be ready until next spring, so I don't think a promotion is in order for him. Crede deserves to be here, but Williams is too concerned about hurting Royce Clayton's feelings, so he refuses to call Crede up.

:KW

"I am the most intelligent general manager in professional sports. Just ask Nardi Contreras."

harwar
07-14-2002, 10:12 AM
What scares me is that reinsDORF will probably keep K.W. and maybe J.M.also. J.R. had his head up his ass when he let Dan Evans go(who took a lot of good coaches with him).I fear we are going to be mismanaged well into this decade. WHAT A BUMMER!!!

cornball
07-14-2002, 01:37 PM
the hope is to get value in return....

based on the attitude of the manager and the players...this team has no chance to contend this year...that being said, change the attitude with new players ... players that are major league players..not prospects...not sure if we are up to the task as a front office and every player should be available!

The attitude could change with the manager and coaching staff but i dont see that happening until possibley the end of the season.