PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the cake schedule?

MattSharp
07-14-2002, 02:49 AM
Everyone kept saying that this was the time for the Sox to turn it around with all the weak teams coming, and the Sox have lost like 6 out of 10 to the crap teams. What is going on? This is ridiculous. Its so over.......

GASHWOUND
07-14-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Everyone kept saying that this was the time for the Sox to turn it around with all the weak teams coming, and the Sox have lost like 6 out of 10 to the crap teams. What is going on? This is ridiculous. Its so over.......

Yeah, it's really getting embarrassing now when we haven't won a series yet against the "weaker" teams. Starting with the 2 series before the all-star break with Cleveland and Detroit, and now this series with Detroit.
What's even more embarrassing and even more remarkable is last year at this time after 91 games we were 46-45, that's when we started 14-29, that's the team that had half our player on the DL..and now look at us.
How could we have a worse record this year, than last year.
It all comes down to hart and a will to win. We have none this year, and its a shame and a travesty.

harwar
07-14-2002, 09:07 AM
We aren't technically the worst team in baseball but we sure are playing that way.I mean everyone looks just dead.Its very depressing.I get sick every time they show manuels' face in the dugout because i know that hes' in way over his head and doesn't have a clue what to do.This is a very good lineup that looks to me like they are trying to lose.

Tragg
07-14-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

It all comes down to hart and a will to win. We have none this year, and its a shame and a travesty.

It also comes down to talent. We lack it. Other than Ordonez, Durham and Konerko, where is the talent on the field? The bench is a disaster.

The mound's a bit different, where we at least we have some young players who will be okay if they develop some consistency. But only Buehrle is in the Ordonez class on the mound.

We got by in 2000 getting career years out of a few average players. The Sox response was to trade youth for more average (or below) players. WE got stale.

Young players bring the heart and the hustle - when's the last young positional player that's done anything for us (or that we've tried to let do anything - Rowand for a few games?). Instead, we have a manager that treats veterans with 5 million salaries like 21 year old youngsters

Spiff
07-14-2002, 10:59 AM

We are a crap team.

voodoochile
07-14-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

It also comes down to talent. We lack it. Other than Ordonez, Durham and Konerko, where is the talent on the field? The bench is a disaster.

The mound's a bit different, where we at least we have some young players who will be okay if they develop some consistency. But only Buehrle is in the Ordonez class on the mound.

We got by in 2000 getting career years out of a few average players. The Sox response was to trade youth for more average (or below) players. WE got stale.

Young players bring the heart and the hustle - when's the last young positional player that's done anything for us (or that we've tried to let do anything - Rowand for a few games?). Instead, we have a manager that treats veterans with 5 million salaries like 21 year old youngsters

I have to admit that you have a valid analysis and I am starting to hope for next year when we will see some younger talent on the team. Borchard and Crede alone will be a huge jump over the current players (assuming Borchard in CF). It is going to be back to the days of "The Kids can Play", but (as you pointed out) at least they will have that heart and hustle which this current team does not.

That of course is the other side of the coin. This team has quit. Says something about management when that happens...

TheBigHurt
07-14-2002, 12:39 PM
i know dammit this was supposed to be a good run for the Sox and now we might lose 4 of 5 to the ****in tigers
:angry: :whiner:

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
This team has quit. Says something about management when that happens...

I think that is part of the problem. Nobody wants to play for Jerry Reinsdorf. Everyone knows he was one of the owners who wanted to see the 1994 season dimolished, and he got his wish. People also know that he stood by and allowed Jerry Krause to ruin one of the most dominant teams of the past twenty years. He can't be trusted. Even the locals don't want to play for him. Cliff Floyd grew up on the South Side, but he has the Sox on his "no trade" list. That's sad.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
07-14-2002, 01:49 PM

This is the White Sox we're talking about here. WE ARE A CAKE TEAM! There is no team in baseball that we're capable of beating on a consistent basis the way we're going. Why? Cause nobody on this team cares. Because there's no accountability here.

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
People also know that he stood by and allowed Jerry Krause to ruin one of the most dominant teams of the past twenty years.

No, he didn't.

Good major league free agents don't come here because of money. Not because Reinsdorf "broke up the Bulls".

Paulwny
07-14-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Good major league free agents don't come here because of money.

Everyone has a price, JR no longer wants to go in that direction.