PDA

View Full Version : Nyjer Morgan Incident

Viva Medias B's
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
After striking out in the 9th inning against the Cardinals, Nyjer Morgan shouted an expletive to Chris Carptener. Carpenter didn't like that, and the benches emptied. No punches were thrown, but Morgan objected to Albert Pujols coming in from first base during the fracas. According to ESPN, Morgan later went on Twitter and referred to Pujols as "Alberta."

doublem23
09-08-2011, 12:16 AM
I love T Plush

PalehosePlanet
09-08-2011, 12:17 AM
After striking out in the 9th inning against the Cardinals, Nyjer Morgan shouted an expletive to Chris Carptener. Carpenter didn't like that, and the benches emptied. No punches were thrown, but Morgan objected to Albert Pujols coming in from first base during the fracas. According to ESPN, Morgan later went on Twitter and referred to Pujols as "Alberta."

Didn't see what happened. Just guessing: Was it a case of Carpenter not being man enough to throw him a fastball on 3-2 that pissed Nyjer off? That stupid old school mentality always cracks me up.

PKalltheway
09-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I didn't see it either. Did Morgan provoke things, or were the Cardinals acting all high and mighty like they ususally do, fashioning themselves as the "keepers of baseball etiquette" yet again?

DSpivack
09-08-2011, 12:42 AM

He thought he was a whole province of Canada? Or a blues song?

ComiskeyBrewer
09-08-2011, 01:26 AM
his two tweets following the game

Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!

Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

I love tony plush. He cracks me up.

DrCrawdad
09-08-2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Alberta couldn't see Plush if she had her gloves on!!! Wat was she thinking running afta Plush!!! She never been n tha ring!!!
Quote:
Where still n 1st and I hope those crying birds injoy watching tha Crew in tha Playoffs!!! Aaaaahhhhh!!!

Reading those "tweets" made me feel grumpy and old.

:)

SOXPHILE
09-08-2011, 09:54 AM

"Where still in first." Nice spelling, Morgan. Idiot.

Oh, Pujols has "never been n tha ring!!!!" Well, maybe not, but I know for a fact he does OWN a ring. Something Morgan does not. I also believe if Pujols was to get "n tha ring" with Morgan, Morgan would be picking his teeth out of the back of his throat and looking at possible facial reconstruction surgery. Pujols would kill him.

SaltyPretzel
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM

Oh, Pujols has "never been n tha ring!!!!" Well, maybe not, but I know for a fact he does OWN a ring. Something Morgan does not. I also believe if Pujols was to get "n tha ring" with Morgan, Morgan would be picking his teeth out of the back of his throat and looking at possible facial reconstruction surgery. Pujols would kill him.

I would "injoy" watching that. :rolleyes:

SOXSINCE'70
09-08-2011, 10:01 AM

He better back it up in the playoffs.

Viva Medias B's
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM

I would "injoy" watching that. :rolleyes:

Albert would have "eliminated" him.

2nIjAycB9IM

happydude
09-08-2011, 05:40 PM

Maybe...maybe not. I've never seen either guy throw a punch so I can't really say. I do know, though, that Morgan played major junior level hockey before concentrating on baseball; he seems pretty scrappy and may surprise Pujols. Size and strength advantages are less of a factor in an actual fistfight than they are in the wrestling contests that pass as "fights" in baseball. I'm taking Zambrano to beat all of MLB; now THAT dude can fight. Lol.

TDog
09-08-2011, 11:56 PM
Morgan may have some talent, but too often he plays out-of-control and seems a man with serious anger control issues. Baseball has suspended him before, and he is likely to have more suspensions in his future.

ComiskeyBrewer
09-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Carpenter admits he cursed at Morgan, which caused Morgan to yell back, starting this whole fracas.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/article_f77214b8-db2e-11e0-94de-0019bb30f31a.html

SI1020
09-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Reading those "tweets" made me feel grumpy and old.

:) I'm old but I don't think I'm grumpy. He's just another immature jerk, and T Plush is a name that shall we say lacks a certain something.