PDA

View Full Version : How about some words from Reiney?

captain54
07-14-2002, 02:10 AM
where is Reiney lately?? wouldnt it be a good idea for the Chairman to speak to the suffering legions and put some hope back in the organization?? give us some reassurances that this mess will be fixed??

the last time it seems we heard from him was when we saw his mug on TV at the Sox clinching celebration in Minny in 2000...remember when he chirped away and took a backhanded slap at all the fans who ripped him for the White Flag in 97'?

you know he is throwing KW to the wolves and having him be the mouthpiece in the press and on the sportstalk stations around town, but Little Kenny has absolutely nothing to ease our minds...

you know, it's a shame.....my son just bought me some "Sox bucks" for my birthday to spend on tickets, but after he gave them to me he said "sorry Dad, I'll see if I can get a refund for this if you don't want to go to a game"....

1984 was disappointing.....1967 was disappointing.....1994 was disappointing...this ranks right up there....

So lets here from you Jerry....let us know someone is at the helm of this shipwreck, trying to get us on track.....

Or are you going to stay the weasel you are and send your lackeys to fall on the sword???

Jerry_Manuel
07-14-2002, 02:14 AM
Jerry is busy hanging with Jay Williams. To busy for the Sox, right now.

Daver
07-14-2002, 02:16 AM
What do you want to hear?

The truth is the players are going to strike,and the owners are going to let them do it.

What more needs to be said?

nut_stock
07-14-2002, 02:25 AM
Reinsdorf is afraid of the press twisting his words. Nobody likes him...

captain54
07-14-2002, 02:31 AM
Reiney wasn't too worried about the press twisting his words when he had his mug on TV during the Sox clincher in 2000.....

What do I want to hear from Reiney??

"Why should I spend any more money to see this team?"

RKMeibalane
07-14-2002, 09:57 AM
:reinsy

"Good morning, Sox fans. It brings me great pleasure to stand before you once again. It has been too long since we last met, and I am honored to speak in front of such a special audience.

"First of all, please allow to me say that I am aware of the struggles the Chicago White Sox are facing. I know that changes must be made, and I am confident that the problems this organization is facing will soon be rectified.

"However, I am obligated to inform you that most of the problems this franchise is facing are your fault, Sox fans. Because of you, we do not have the money to hire Walter Hriniak as a special consultant for Frank Thomas. Because of your reluctance to attend games, we have been unable to fire Nardi Contreras and hire a new pitching coach.

"I want this organization to move forward, but that will be impossible unless most of you make the effort to attend a baseball game. If you will not support the team, I see no reason to spend any money, because it does not grow on trees."